Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nexplanon removal problems advice please?

Hi ladies,

I got my implant out November last year and i have only had 2 periods since. I got told that they would regulate quite quickly but i had one period in December and one in February, i really thought this month they had regulated because i started using opk and got my positive around the time i should have ovulated but im now 17 days late and still getting bfp so i know I'm not pregnant this month. 

has anyone else had this problem after the implant? I'm so sick of getting my hopes up thinking im pregnant and it just being a very late period!!

Replies

• Hi Alice!

im in a similar boat. I had my implant removed in October 2013 and they still aren't regular! I've either bled for weeks on end, even for 6 weeks at times or I don't get one for one or two months. It's been a nightmare and I will never ever use another hormonal contraceptive again. Have you been to the docs? 

I went and they gave me Norethisterone 5mg to take for 3 months to try and kick start my body into a regular cycle again but I really don't want to take it! I've taken it at times where I've bled for weeks, when I just want the bleeding to stop but I'm not keen on taking it for 3 months.  

we started ttc in Jan and I had my first positive ovulation test on the 12th of this month but I had taken the Norethisterone then so I would stop bleeding as I had my AF for a couple of weeks. I'm now wondering if the Norethisterone would have had an effect on the opk but I dont know! My period came back on the 15th cos I stopped the tablets and then it stopped on the 19th itself. I've no idea if I'm in with a chance this month or not! 

its SO frustrating! Have you heard of Agnus castus? Sorry...rambling on here! X

• Hi Oxcytocinlove!

its good to hear from someone else in the same boat so ramble away!! I have been thinking a lot today about trying Agnus Castus because its supposed to be fab for regulating periods. 

-god you have been irregular for a while after the implant then??! I totally agree with never having hormone contraception again, I only actually had the implant in for 6 months because it just made me bleed constantly and I couldn't cope any longer to try and wait it out. I used to always be a very regular person and I was always a 28 day cycle beforehand, i'm now having cycles as long as 50 days and its driving me insane!

x

• I'm the same! I always had a regular 28 day cycle - even after I got the implant out the first time but since having it removed the 2nd time, it's all over the place. I never bled at all when I had them in at both times. 

I bought some agnus castus on amazon last week so I'm going to start taking it next week I think once I've ruled out a bfp! (Which I think is likely this month) Anything alternative to synthetic hormones is worth a shot! 

I hope you get your bfp soon x

• yeah I might try it April if I actually come on eventually next month!

Hope you get yours too! good luck xxx

• How are you getting on Alice? 

I tested yesterday -13 dpo and got a bfn. Was going to wait until today but got impatient! Lol. Thinking I might just start taking the agnus castus tomorrow! X

• Ohh AF showed her ugly face over three weeks late.

so I'm now on CD 4! this month i have decided to try have a relaxed natural month without checking opk or taking any tests i'm just going to see what happens!!

hope you get your bfp soon! xx

• Aw sorry to hear Hun! 

I hope this is your month. There's plenty of people that have done that and it's worked for them! My friend being one of them. 

I took a hpt yesterday and it was a bfn so I'm pretty much out this month 'cos if it was going to be bfp it wouldve showed by now.

my period is technically late if it's supposed to come 2 weeks after ovulation but who know?! I've just started the Agnus Castus this morning so time will tell! X