Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone used an ovulation monitor?

Hi i'm new to all this, not sure where to start.... My husband and I are trying to conceive our first baby for a few months now with no luck. I have always had irregular periods although my doctor has told me this shouldn't be an issue. Just wondering has anyone used ovulation monitors,  I have been looking at the clearblue ones, they seem to be very straight forward to use although if anyone has any advise on them I'd be really grateful 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

Replies

• Hi Shelle1873, I have conceived twice using ovulation monitors. The first time I used clear blue fertility monitor, I didn't have a peak for several months, the month I did get peak was the month I got pregnant. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage. But I started using clear blue dual hormone ovulation sticks last year, I didn't have peak this month only high fertility but I have got pregnant again a year after the first time. So both helped with me. My husband works one week nights one week days, so two weeks out of the month we don't see each other so was essential for us to get the right time. It also helps you know when your ovulating or if you haven't at all that week. I hope this helps. If you've got any questions just let me know

• I have used the clearblue fertility monitor for 6 months with no luck. But I've heard really good reviews abt it. You shou'll try it as it works for a lot of ppl. Good luck image

• I have read loads  of reviews for the monitors but was actually thinking it was too good to be true how easy and successful they were.... I may get one and see what happens.... I think am just stressing myself out over not being pregnant yet as all our friends have either got a new born baby in their house or are pregnant. 

• Shelle1873, I know that feeling everyone around me is pregnant, got a few births coming up, a 1 st birthday and babyshowers. I also went on a nightout and everyone but me was a mother and all they did was discuss babies I didn't think it would ever happen. I came off the pill in Jan 2013, didn't start trying until August 2013 and fell pregnant in the March 2014. Unfortunately ended in miscarriage. It was another year before I got pregnant again it can be soul destroying. I was just starting to go for tests so you never know, I think it helps you get a better picture of your fertility but each month can be difficult and it can get expensive. Sometimes you just at least find out when and if your ovulating to give you best chance to conceive as could be earlier or later than you think

• Butterfly31 sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I can't even imagine how devastating that would be, I really hope all goes well or you in this pregancy! As my monthly cycles are a little unpredictable I'm hoping that the monitor will at least let me know my highest / peak fertility days.... It sounds awful but I kind of dread going to my friends houses at the minute, i get what you mean about the non stop baby talk, although am happy for them I suppose am a little sad for myself. I know that sounds so selfish! I'm tryin to not over think things and just go with what ever happens image 

• Hi Shelle1873, Thanks, I appreciate it. Yes was a horrible time, I didn't even know something was wrong only found out as I fell unwell so had a scan. Makes me nervous this time around but hopefully it will go okay.

Your not being selfish thinking that, its only natural as its what you really want and its hard, I started staying away and avoiding baby talk as it gets difficult. It will definetly help with getting a better picture of your cycle so you can really try high and peak. Mines was a bit haywire towards the end. I ended up ovulating day 12 once and another month day 18, crazy.  I think I got my monitor on ebay. It was second hand so cheaper you just get new sticks for it.