Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Could i be pregnant? Please help

Hi all im new here and really dont know what to do or think. Could just do with some friendly advice as im abit confused about all this so here goes.

I had some fun with my bf 12 and 6 days before i was due to start my period i was due on the 7th. On the 3rd i started to get period like cramps amd just thought it was coming early but i just had brown spotting when i wiped. That stopped on the 4th. The cramps carried on, on the 8th i took a test as im never late it was negative so left it at that, on the 10th i started to bleed but it didnt seem right it was lighter than normal and only lasted 2 day with the 3rd day been just brown spotting i only use 2 pads and that only cause i changed them as i felt dirty. A normal Period for me is cramps just before on day one heavy by day 2 then ends on day 4 has been the same for aslong as i can remember! So as i bled i didnt think anything of it but the day after the cramps was still here its now been a week and im still getting slight cramps, now and again its like im about to come on again. I have had headaches come and go for about a week- week and half, feel soo tired even after a 9-10 hour sleep. Hungry and been abit moody. Should i test again? Could i be pregnant even tho i bled or am i just going crazy? I am going to go to see my doc if im still the same on monday. Any help would be lovely thankyou x

Replies

• Could of been implantations bleeding and some women do still have bleeding during there whole pregnancy and head aches an light cramps are signs of pregnancy too I would test agen as u could of tested too early hun xxx

• i feel like im crazy. Am pretty scared of testing as im hoping i am pregnant but the amount of people that are saying theres not point as i cant be pregnant due to the bleeding. i take it now should have been enough time to take a test? Thankyou xx

• Hi, spotting is very common in early pregnancy, Drs call it implanting as its the egg attaching it to your uterus, and as coco said it is common for some women to bleed throughout their pregnancy,  I had this with my daughter and although scary at the time she was born on time and she is now a happy healthy 4 yr old x

so id re test, spotting ( especially brown / lightly ) cramps and headaches are all first symptoms of pregnancy, go to gp for advice if its neg or to get bfp confirmed.

good luck x

• Thankyou. Would it still be to early to test or should i be ok? X

• Id say go for it  (but I'm a poas addict I think), I ended up doing 7 tests of different brands to confirm lol but seriously yes u should see something if af was due on 7th april... very often the spotting will be at the time af is due when u are pregnant - just a small hormone blip I guess ?

keep us posted and good luck

apologies for mixing up names image

• To the shops i go tomorrow then i think lol. thankyou so much i really did think i was going crazy. Think iv spent too long looking things up online Xx

• try a reputable brand and although digital is easier to read they need slightly higher hcg levels to show up, ( that shouldn't be a problem if you are 10 days late tho)

and I can sympathise with you on the online searches but try not to - at least until you get an up to date answer.

good luck and keep us posted xx

• Well took a test... Negative ???? i dont know whats going on i keep getting cramps have broke out in spots got headaches. so i take it this means im not pregnant 

• hi my period is due on the 21 of this months so about 3 days from now but ive had cramps on the 10 and the 8 i new it could not be my period as its always due on the 21 of every months and ive been oing to the loo every 10 mins i dont no if i could be pregnant as its to soon to try for a test.

• If you are worried coco go and speak to your gp they will be best to advise you as to what to do next. 

Periods can be late for any number of reasons x good luck x

• me and my bf have been trying for a baby for about 3 months now and  about  2 weeks ago we tryed and now my period is a week late and ive had some symtoms so i got the clear blue test but says not pregnant  can anyone tell me when the best time is to take a test. xxx

• fingers crossed