Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*** Chat thread w/c 21st July ***

Hello all! Given the reduction in numbers posting on here, I figured it makes sense to move to a weekly thread! At least until things pick up anyway....

Perhaps we move away from too much focus on TTC and we talk about other stuff? To begin with anyway? (Hence reason behind the thread title!)

For me, was away in Ireland the weekend just gone so just on the boat now on the way back to the UK. Had a lovely weekend and really not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow! Although I only have a 3 day week this week so shouldn't complain really!

Hello to all who follow x

Replies

• Options

Afternoon Tayto, I turned on my monitor and I am CD10 but have been busy at home with time off from work going out places and having visitors and still have this week left for baby dancing. It has actually been really nice not getting up and first thing I think about is peeing in a pot!

• Options

I like this idea tayto - I don't feel as much like a fraud!

Sounds good that you're keeping busy Mrs-T

I had a busy weekend, I am constantly busy now up to the wedding, I'll be glad of the honeymoon for a rest!

My first proper AF since stopping the pill appears to be making her appearance. Pretty much on time though which is good.

• Options

Hi Ladies,

I like the idea of a chat thread tayto, I have been lurking but not posting as anything ttc related for me is a bit depressing and I didn't want to keep bringing the boards down.

Congratulations to all those who recently got thier bfps and hi to all the lurkers and newbies :-)

Tayto - 3 day week is great! How are you?

Mrs T - ha ha that is good to not think about peeing in a pot!

SallyLou - Glad your first af is on time lol!  When do you get married?  I hope the sunshine stays out for you!

• Options

Tayto this is a great idea and it's a place where I feel I can fit in too.

So we've just come back from a fantastic weekend in Edinburgh, it's a sign I'm getting old as still feel like  I've been ran over by a bus!

In baby making news, we are ready to roll with our frozen embryo transfer in September which I'm so excited about as I feel for the last few months I've been in limbo a bit.

• Options

I get married on the 8th August Lulu - just a couple of weeks to go now.

Claire - that's great news about your transfer.

• Options

Hi all :-)

Tayto, this is a great idea.

Claire, that is great news about the transfer! Really crossing my fingers for you.

SallyLou - best of luck with the rest of the planning, these next two weeks will whizz by.

Lulu - have been thinking about you. I hope everything is ok, you can feel free to PM me if you want to talk xx

Mrs T - that really made me laugh!

AFM - just waiting for August to come along so I can get my smear out the way and hubby will be having his SA done next week when AF is here. We're of course still TTC but I do think that something is up with my cycles due to various pieces of 'evidence' I have so hopefully the docs will be able to help figure that out soon. Nevertheless after our hols in Sardinia I made a very conscious decision not to get stressed about work, and to be more relaxed about everything in general. I told myself that pregnant women ARE going to be around and that they may have had difficult journeys getting there so I shouldn't be sad that it isn't me ... because one day it WILL be. PMA and all that. So I decided to not hide anyone on Facebook (unless all they talked about was pregnancy which just annoys everyone), and - even though sometimes I do feel a bit sad - I am actually taking the time to look through the photos of the newborn, taking the time to see how my pregnant FB friends are, knowing that one day they will be doing the same for me. I don't know when that day will be but I am confident it will happen for us, naturally or with intervention. I have to say that adopting the attitude has really helped me. I don't feel so on edge, I am a lot more at ease and, most importantly, my happiness for my friends is a stronger feeling than the sadness for me. I do have ups and downs and I'm not saying that I don't feel a little "It's not fair!!" at times because I do ... but no way do I want people avoid talking to me about their pregnancies in case they upset me. Whoa, that was long, sorry!

• Options

Evening all - glad everyone thinks this is a good idea so we'll stick it out a bit and see how we get on!

Mrs-T - I know the feeling - peeing in a pot gets tiresome after a while!

Sally-Lou - Great to see you here. Is the plan to TTC on honeymoon? Where are you going incidentally? You won't feel it now until your day is here!

Lulu - delighted to see you hear & you don't bring the boards down x

ClaireLou - great to see you here as well. Does that mean you partied your heart out in Edinburgh?!! Glad to hear about your FET plans for Sept xx Can I ask a personal q - is your name IRL Claire Lou or Claire Louise? Just wondering where your username comes from.....!

Enjayee - Good to see you here too - this is feeling like a reunion :-) Well done on the PMA, I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it is to try to remain positive and I really hope your fertility investigations give you some plan of action to follow.

AFM - Had today off work to do a paper cutting course and now have a serious cramp in my right arm. Feel like I'm been using it for another completely different use altogether (dirty mind alert!). just waiting for hubby to bring my dominos home - is it wrong to get really excited about a good pizza?!

• Options

Thanks all.

Tayto - yes, pretty much when this AF is done we'll be starting. We are going to Bali on honeymoon for 2 weeks. I really can't wait now!

• Options

SallyLou - Bali will be fab. I'm jealous :-)

• Options

Claire - Edinburgh sounds great! Everything crossed for September for you, it's just around the corner now! x

Sally - Good luck for the Wedding, Bali is meant to be amazing!

Enjayee - Good to hear from you and loving the attitude, I'll have to try and follow suit! One thing I am learning to do is if I see a pregnant woman on the train I try and remind myself out of all the many women on the train only one is pregnant so it's not just me, obviously not all the women on the train want to be pregant but somehow I know it sounds strange but it helps lol!  I hope the investigations go well, what tests do you have to have done?

Tatyo - ha ha on the arm cramp dirty thing! Never wrong to get excited over food :-)

Has anyone heard from veecee? I hope she is ok x

• Options

Hi ladies!

Well I am now officially on the ttc bench as I chatted to H and we've decided to go for it! Definitely out this month, but I am more than ok about it as it wouldn't have been the best timing. We're tempting fate by starting next month as that's the month we conceived W, and the last thing we want is another May birthday (this is a family joke as there are currently 6 birthdays that month already within days of each other) it wouldn't really be a problem to have another May birthday.

On a non ttc note, we are getting a new bath installed in our house as we currently have a wet floor shower and it's a massive pain. We've got our kitchen goods all installed and I'm loving it! Thinking of getting a kitten, but not sure, I'm waiting to hear back from someone. Just cancelled our September holiday and re booked it for next April, so looking forward to that!

• Options

Tayto - my middle name is Louise I wish I'd been a bit more imaginative with my username.

In other news, it's my 3 year wedding anniversary today, this time last year I had my Laparascopy to have my tubes clipped, and a year on still no bubs, it makes me sad but I can't dwell I know things are moving forward, just hope by next anniversary things are very different.

Enayjay - sounds like you are in a good frame of mind at the moment, good for you!

• Options

Lulu - that's a good coping strategy. I really hope you don't have to use it for long more. How are things going with your referrals?

RKB - An official welcome to the TTC bench! Hope the work to do the new bath doesn't cause more hassle. If you do get a kitten, remember to flash - we love a good flash over here!

Claire Lou - I don't know why I didn't cop it before but we share the same first & middle names - I'm a Claire Louise too :-) Congrats on your wedding anniversary & I really hope September brings a little sticky bean for you x

• Options

Tayto it's a very popular combo isn't, I'm a 1980's girl and I shared my form class at school with another 3 Claire Louise's. Thanks me too x

• Options

Lulu - hubby is going for his SA next week when AF is in town, and I have a smear on August 11th. My last one came back unsuitable so they want to rule out anything sinister. But after I have my results back from that my doctor has already made a fertility referral for me but I don't know what tests they have in mind yet. I have a feeling I have endo or something like that, but I don't want to bandy thoughts around in my head before I've had the tests! I have a feeling my progesterone levels are a bit screwy too, have had light brown spotting since yesterday (AF due on Sunday) and my breast tenderness was weird this month - started on Monday but stopped on Wednesday, then spotting yesterday so I'm not holding my breath for a positive. But although that's not ok, I know I can deal with the disappointment. Unfortunately I have to be careful how I react around my husband, he doesn't really take a lot of crying very well which ends up invariably in an argument. He has an attitude of "I thought we would be pregnant by now and yes, it would be nice if you were pregnant now but you're not so we need to move on" - probably the correct attitude to have, but not easy when you're going through the emotions of utter disappointment. He's not a nasty person and he does love me (suddenly worried that what I wrote just then makes him seem like an emotionless lump) but he finds it very diffcult not to think in black and white.

• Options

Also has anyone ever had any BFP dreams? I had one on Monday and Tuesday, both SO real ... was so disappointed when I woke up. Tried to explain to my husband but he didn't really know what to say.

• Options

Enjayee - I hope your next smear is ok, hopefully the tests will invoke the law of sod for you!  I think it's hard for our H's to understand sometimes or it could be that his heart is breaking as much as yours but he doesn't want to show it, he doesn't sound like a nasty person at all.

Ha ha yes I've had one really real bfp dream, I was gutted when I woke up as af arrived that day as well!

Tayto - My doc won't reffer me yet she says we have to try for 2 years which is really annoying. She sent me for 21 day bloods but said that is all she can do for now.  She did say though I've had most of the tests anyway when they were looking to see if I had PCOS, the only test left is to check tubes which she said I have no reason to suspect there is a blockage so doesn't want to send me for that yet anyway as she said it is intrusive.  I did find it quite reasssuring how un-worried she was about it but at the same time waiting another year is not going to be easy.  H and I have said we will give it until the end of the year now and try and push for the last tests then but if not we will go private and see what happens from there.

Has anyone got any nice weekend plans? I've got a quite one with H which I'm really looking forward to, I hope the sun keeps shining! Happy Friday all!

• Options

Hi everyone - if you don't mind, I won't go back through all the posts for full personals. It's got a bit long now!

Claire Lou - I have a colleague who's a Claire Louise - also a 1980s baby! Wishing you the best of luck for September. Hope the time passes quickly for you.

I started OPKs yesterday (on CD8 given my 25 day cycle last month). Brings back memories of last time having my desk drawer full of OPKs with sharpie markings of the CD on them for comparison!

• Options

Lulu, two years? Oh my goodness. I mean I know you've done the one year but that's painful enough. Really hope you get your BFP before then. it's still fairly early for hubby and I as we haven't been for our first tests yet but we have discussed the option of going private and we're prepared to do that, if need be - hopefully we won't need to but we felt we should discuss it just so we knew. X

Hello nora! Hope your stay in TTC is a short one xx

• Options

Enjayee - Hope your upcoming tests all go ok x

Lulu - that is a bit pants, isn't it? Have they said what the basis of that is - based on age or is it a 'rule' for the area you are in? Enjoy your quiet weekend plans!

nora - that's a good idea actually - I tended to throw them away once I put it into FF but I like that idea :-)

So, weekend plans anyone? H's boss is throwing a works summer party at his place tomorrow (does it every year) so am really looking forward to that. Everyone brings a desert so I'm finishing early this evening to make my world famous (NOT!) cake pops. Renovations then on Sunday & chilling out with my wonderful hubby. What has everyone else planned?