Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***Friday Chat Thread***

Morning all, it's the weekend, yayy! How's everyone? Any plans for the weekend?

Had to go to the dentist yesterday for a check up and small filling but it ended up being an extraction so I'm feeling very 'woe is me' today!

Hello to all who follow x

Replies

• Morning everyone!

Tayto - That doesn't sound pleasant at all, you poor thing. Make sure you avoid anything too hot or too cold.

Thank you so much for all your lovely well wishes yesterday it really meant a lot. The procedure was more than I remembered which is odd, and took about 25 mins at the end, but I got to see a pic of our beans which was just amazing and so overwhelming.   I didn't do much yesterday just relaxed at home, but I come into work today, it's not stressful what I do and I'm sat most of the day, it's also "dress down Friday" and we finish at 4.  Had the best night sleep too, as I hadn't slept the previous 2 nights so felt like a zombie yesterday.  I hope to god that they are ok, and happy. I don't expect to feel any symptoms until Sunday/Monday so for now I just have to get on with things and try not to let it all consume me.  

Hell to all who follow xxx

• Hi ladies, happy Friday!!

Tayto, you poor thing, I hope you're dosed up on painkillers. What an awful surprise having a tooth out and not being prepared.

Claire - I'm glad you got a good nights sleep, it's probably exactly what you needed.  Do you have a nice chilled weekend planned? What did you do about the acupuncture in the end?

I had my blood test this morning rather than yesterday in the end as when I thought it was CD1 on Weds it turned out to be minimal spotting, she arrived properly yesterday. We've got a quite busy weekend, we're decorating and I'm doing a race called Insane Terrain on Sunday which should be fun!

Hi to everyone else x

• Hey Dolly - I decided against the acupuncture in the end. I didn't want to risk feeling like I did last week. I've got a lovely weekend planned, just having a few hours with my besty tomorrow with cake and tea! Then Sunday I think I'll cook a roast and enjoy the last bit of the ryder cup - Yes I know, I'm very sad lol!

Dolly - Good luck with your results.  Sounds like you've got a very busy weekend, you'll be knackered come Monday.  Sounds fab though!

• Hi all,

Ouch tayto - I don't blame you in the slightest for feeling "woe is me" I hope you are getting lots of sympathy.

Hi Claire - glad you got some sleep, your weekend plans sound lovely and a good distraction from the constant thoughts/emotions you must be feeling. Sounds amazing getting to see the beans though.

Hiya Dolly - the run sounds interesting, I hope you had fun. Glad your blood test went ok.

AFM - getting the car serviced tomorrow, and it's flu jab time at the docs (I have asthma so get the joys of having one). Sunday looks to be nice but busy, my lovely nephew and his mum and dad are coming round in the afternoon, they father-in-law is dropping by on his travels (he lives in Scotland) so we're off for curry, yummy.

Hi to anyone else. x

• Claire - glad you got some sleep; your weekend plans sound lovely - enjoy.

Dolly - Fingers crossed for your results. Enjoy the race - sounds very interesting.

Sally - Your weekend plans sound nice and busy - have a good one.

• Hello ladies!

Tayto - Poor you! I am a complete wimp at the dentist :-( I hope that you are feeling a bit better now.

Claire - I'm so glad that things went well yesterday and that you had a good night's sleep. Enjoy your weekend and put your feet up! My H loves golf so would be watching the Ryder cup too but he's away playing golf with some friends this weekend. I'm kind of glad as it spares me having to watch it!

Dolly - Good luck with your results and with your race! Is it anything like tough mudder?

SallyLou - Sounds like you have got a busy weekend planned! Enjoy all your visitors on Sunday.

AFM - I am definitely in the TGIF camp today. It's been a busy week at work but I have no plans at all for the weekend and the house to myself! I ought to start going through my wardrobes as I have lots of clothes that I don't wear any more but I keep putting it off! Have a good weekend everyone X