Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

***TFI Friday Chat Thread***

Hi everyone.

As I'm awake I thought I'd start the thread today.

The film last night (Annabelle) was really creepy! Had a really nice time catching up with my sister too.

Is anyone going to see any fireworks this weekend?

Still cb opk-ing. Crossing my fingers for a shorter cycle this time. I've decided that if nothing has happened for us by Christmas I'll go to the docs in the new year. I don't know whether they'll do anything for us at that point but got to be worth asking.

Replies

• Gah! The paragraphs were there when I typed it. No idea why it does that!

• Morning Holey,

I'm not sure Annabelle is on my list of films to see as I don't do scary films but glad you enjoyed it.

I'm off to see some fireworks next weekend. Are you seeing any?

I would see the doctor if your cycles don't settle down. Even if they don't do anything now, they will have a record that you came to see them & will do something about it quickly in the future if needed.

How are you getting on with the CB opks? I did some googling yesterday & I think my positive was a false one so will start then again tomorrow.

Hi to all who follow. X

• Hi peggs. I've been to the docs a few times in the last few weeks about other stuff and have had to mention it as I needed antibiotics so hopefully that'll help too. I'm just worried about being fobbed off I suppose.

Anyway I think the cb opks are great. No guess work involved. Yes your peak yesterday was probably just a glitch from removing the stick.

I think we're off to see some tomorrow night. My H is a keen amateur photographer so wants to take lots of photos!

• Morning Ladies!

Holey - I saw a pic of that Annabelle in the paper this morning definitely looked creepy! Fireworks sound good I think we are going next weekend though.  Good plan on the docs.

Peggs - I hope you  get a postive opk soon!

Tayto - How are you today lovely?

AFM - Still not sure what is going on, my mind and body are playing tricks on me which is about right as it is halloween lol! No spotting yet this morning so unless af arrives with no warning today or tomorrow I will have to change my appointment. Half of me is tempted to test the other half keeps saying stop being so stupid gah! I can't lie I keep thinking about it and wondering if this is it I really need to come back down to earth before af brings me down with a massive bump!

Hi to all who follow!

• Morning all!

Holey - Glad you had a good time with your sister, not sure that film would be to my liking either! Fingers crossed your cycle straightens itself out, otherwise defo get yourself to the docs. Enjoy the fireworks, my H is an amateur tog too and got fab pics last year.

Peggs - sorry to hear the + yesterday was false, hope you get a proper one soon! Enjoy the fireworks too!

Lulu - You poor thing, there's nothing worse than when our bodies start messing us about! I had a temp increase today which never happens so I was tempted to test. Have decided to hold off until Monday if AF doesn't show! Shall we do it together?!

AFM - Went to a quiz (work charity thing!) last night and I really didn't think through how long my day would be - was up at 5.30 and went to bed at 11.30 so am shattered today. H is off to Ireland this evening so I've loads of plans to straighten the house out while he is gone! TTC wise, 12DPO so AF should be here tomorrow.  

• Holey- have fun at the fireworks and I hope that the docs don't fob you off if you decide to see them.

Lulu- I hope AF is staying away for good reasons and not playing tricks on you. Hopefully the weekend will keep you busy and you won't think about it too much.

Tatyo- I hope that the temp rise is a good sign & that AF holds off. You are much better than me straightening the house when H is away. I spend the weekend drinking with the girls and then relaxing on the sofa. Hopefully you can get an early night tonight.

• Tayto - I hope af stays away for you as well! ha ha I'm not sure I could wait until Monday I actually thinking about buying a test at lunch time as I'm drivng myself crazy, I'm sure it will be a bfn but hopefully that will put my mind at rest and it won't be too much of a disapointment when af shows up.

Thanks peggs x

• I bet the spotting starts now I've said that lol!

• I had a few late AFs before we started TTC and would you and buy a PG test, take it and then a couple of hours later AF would show up! I hope that this doesn't happen to you. X

• That's what I'm thinking peggs I'll buy the test get a bfn and then spotting or af will show and I'll feel stupid! This really is driving me crazy now! Doesn't help work is quiet and I can't take my mind off it!

• Hope you body starts behaving soon if it's not a bfp lulu

Tayto fingers crossed AF does not show her face

Hokey best to ask gp and get told you have to wait and know, equally they might be happy to refer without asking you'll never know

• Peggs - your idea of how to spend the weekend when H is away is much better than mine! H is very messy though and it bothers me so I tend to tidy the place when he's not around so there's no chance he'll mess it up!

Lulu - what did you decide? If you want to take your mind off things, look up some boring work stuff - I'm currently doing some pre-course work for the management course I have to do in Telford in 2 weeks and it's taking my mind off things cos it's so boring!

lg - how're you doing? Saw your post re scans, hope you get yours through in the right time window x

• LG - Hope you are feeling well!

Tayto - I decided not to, I'm being silly and I'm sure af will show up soon. Glad your work stuff is taking your mind off it, I've got a couple of things to do roll on 5pm!

• It's 5pm :-) Have a lovely weekend everyone x