Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***Thursday TTC/Chat Thread***

Morning! It's almost the weekend, wohoo!

Sally - just saw your reply on yesterday's thread; I have the odd cycle where the CB digi OPKs go straight to peak and one of mine did it when I was doing the trial for CB and they confirmed it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Hope you got enough BD'ing in though - it can be frustrating when it happens as you expect to have another day or two to get more "go's" in!

AFM - CD19 & 6DPO - not expecting much. We've decided we'll wait for H to have his app with the doc next week to talk about testosterone bloods before we do anything else. I'm also waiting for the letter from the Gynae clinic re why they won't make an app for me after my GP's referral - once we have these two out of the way, we'll probably go private for advice on H's SA and maybe a lap & HSG for me.

Hello to all who follow & vibes to those who need them x

Replies

• Morning ...

Sally - good to see you! I have no experience with the CB digis but like tayto said, hopefully you got enough BDing in!

Tayto - hope this waiting period goes ok. It can be hugely frustrating as you feel like you're in Limbo Land. Good that you have a plan though, I think that really helps as it gives you some aspect of control back that TTC takes from us. If your bloods came back fine I don't see any reason why you'd be sent for a lap, I reckon you'd probably get the HSG first and then they'll be able to tell you whether it's needed or not.

AFM - CD7, AF has left the building. Going to start BD'ing like crazy but at the same time, try not to make it too clinical. I'm thinking of enforcing a NO TELEVISION rule after 7pm for a bit. We tend to watch whatever crap is on or find something we've already seen on Netflix, which just leaves me feeling a little blergh, like I've wasted an evening. And then by the time bedtime rolls around I'm just so knackered for anything.  

• Hello all

Tayto I fully sympathise with you on the waiting game. I'm in the same limbo land and hate it.

I've emailed my referral to private clinic today. Told around a 6 weeks wait. Have NHS appointment on 24 April.

Hello to all that follow.

• Hi ladies,

Tayto - you're in such unknown territory at the moment, it must be hard waiting and not knowing anything. Hope you get the letter from the clinic soon so you can get moving. I'm not worried about the OPK, I expected Ov around now, it's just confusing. Thanks for clearing it up with your experience though! Def good to know.

Enjayee - fingers crossed. I like your rule, we sometimes do it and have "date nights" and just spend time with each other, it's good to spend actual time together rather than just doing the same thing at the same time! We are timing ours when we get home from work, otherwise you end up too tired on an evening!

Hi Hopeful - I hope you are coping with your wait. April will be here in no time, I hope it flies for you. x

Hi to CC and Luna and anyone I've missed lately!

AFM - CD13, waiting to confirm ov. Have done enough I think. Feeling a little blasé this time round, though with a slight edge of feeling down about it. I will pull my socks up soon I'm sure.

xx

• Hi Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well.

Tayto - I hate the waiting as well, hope you are your h are doing ok now.

Enjayee - Sounds promising for this cycle anyway as your h's count has been increasing.

Hopeful - Glad you got your appointment through at least now you know.

Sally - I hope you feel better soon  rant away if you need to.

Seems to be a few of us in similar situations we need lots of baby dust!

AFM - had a lovely few days away with H, had lots to drink and eat so need to start being good again now! Waiting for blood results to come back apparantly they can't give them to me over the phone?!! Also still waiting for appointment to come through. Nothing much else to report from me just keep looking at holidays lol!

Hi to all who follow and anyone I've missed xx

• Afternoon ladies - was at the gym during lunch hour and my entire body is in bits now! (But I feel great!)

Enjayee - That's good the witch has gone - lots and lots of vibes for you for this cycle. That's a good idea re TV - H and I find that too - we have to push ourselves into planning something for the evening.

Hopeful - Wow, sorry about the wait - in some ways, I don't mind the wait I'm going through because I know the clinic has no waiting list so we will get seen as quick as we want to.

Sally - That's good you think you've done enough, I know it's easier said than done but try not to feel down about it xx I also might try what you do for BD'ing - we always leave it too late and then are knackered!

Lulu - Remind me where you were on hols? That's a bit strange re not able to give the results over the phone - sounds like more rubbish! Where you thinking of next for hols? We've Venice in April & Ireland in May :-)

• Well done on going to the gym during lunch tayto! I need to get back on the weight loss wagon my diet has gone out the window! Thinking of trying the 30 day shred again as my tummy is looking big :-(

We went to Seville for a long weekend and we are now thinking of going to Greece in June for a week and then maybe doing something big later on in the year. Venice will be lovely that is still on my list of places to go! Will you being visiting family in Ireland? Another place I still haven't been!

• Oh I could do with doing the 30 days abs challenge - my tummy is a disgrace these days! I'm doing lots of exercise but still eating rubbish so I'm actually gaining weight!

What was Seville like? Greece will be lovely - is it Athens you'll be in? Or the Islands? I've never been to either Seville or Greece but the latter is definitely on my list!

This is my second trip to Venice - H and I are bringing my mum for her 70th and my sister will be bringing her to Rome before we meet her in Venice. We loved it the first time so I'm hoping it'll be as good second time around!

Yes - we'll be taking the car - going to my home place for our 2nd Anniversary (where we got married) and then up to H's place for his God-son's Confirmation. Ireland is lovely but, no more than England, you'd have to do a fair bit of travelling to see all the good places!

• I actually REALLY recommend yoga for the stomach. By looking at your diets (not of the fad kind!) you'll be able to lose fat that way, of course cardio will help too but food is the most important bit. But yoga has really helped my core muscles strengthen and in addition, I'm finding that I'm starting to employ the breathing techniques I use whenever I feel a pang of panic or stress coming on so double bonus!

Lulu - we're going to Seville as part of our Spanish road trip in July, any recommendations? I had to get my results at the practice too, maybe it's confidentiality or something? Looking at holidays is always a good thing in my opinion, can never have too many ;)

Sally - good tip on the getting home from work thing! Glad you've covered ov, fingers crossed for this cycle!

Hopeful - hope 24th April comes around as quickly as possible for you. The wait is awful, I completely sympathise.