Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***TTC w/c 23rd September***

Replies

• Morning all (well, afternoon, but I'm on nights so it's morning for me!). Like wispa, I'm staying around because I don't really believe it yet. Part of me doesn't want to, it's weird... due to age, I thought we'd have problems, so we got on with trying, even though pregnancy is totally inconvenient at the moment! I suppose I wanted a bfp around the end of the year, but my body had other ideas! Anyway, I'll go out and get a proper test tomorrow once this run of shifts finishes.

JJ, seems you're in the 2ww then. Good luck!

Pepperoni, hope temping can work for you. I found it pretty useful to understand my body, in conjunction with OPKs (bfp was the first month of using both rather than relying on dates alone which we'd done previously)

Blackcat, I had negatives until 17dpo. Well actually, I think I threw the 15dpo test away too early, after a minute or so, since I was in a rush. Anyway, I don't feel remotely pregnant. Only symptoms are/were very sore boobs, which I always get before AF but which usually go once AF arrives, and a total lack of pre AF cramps. I wouldn't give up hope for a few days yet!

Cupcake, hello! Nice to see you popping in.

I'm generally on a bit of a downer at the moment. All I can think of is what I have to give up now... my evening glass of red wine, mountaineering, my campervan (not sure I can fit a child seat to it, even though it has rear seatbelts, since it's a conversion) and, most importantly, my job which I love (although I'm not going to tell them for a good while yet - what right to they have to know before I tell friends and family at 12 weeks??)

I am being an ungrateful cow, and should be over the moon. If I weren't pg I'd be disappointed, I know. I suppose I just don't like change, and this is about as big a change as you get!

• Lola, don't worry about the booze, we were in Spain last weekend, getting pickled on sherry and tapas, plus loads of sangria.

Veecee, I didn't know that. That's cheered me up - I can have a large glass of red tomorrow with the pizza OH always makes after I finish nights, and know it won't matter, but that after that I need to be careful!

• Red wine all round then ladies!! ;-)

• Afternoon all. Just popping in quickly to wave and say I'm still here too, lurking. Under 4 weeks doesn't seem pregnant enough to graduate to first tri yet!

• Barefoot, You should totally do a digital test!  I cracked open the clearblue digi box with 2 tests and thought I'd give it a go at around lunch time.  Despite not having held liquids, I ought I'd be wasting it based on how light my fr was this morning, and the negative IC, but lo and behold the magic words appeared!  

And good to know about the booze, I'd be sure to partake for the next couple weeks if I drank much.

[sorry everyone!]

• I don't mean to sound like a cow but I'm not sure the TTC thread is really the place to be discussing how annoying/inconvienent getting pregnant is :/ there is a lot of ladies on the TTC boards who'd love to see a bfp and I think you might upset a few people if they read these posts. I think this sort of chat is probably best put in the 1st tri threads?

• Very diplomatic post purple star :-)  easy to see how quickly they forget eh. You're on the wrong board ladies, BT would love to hear it though I'm sure.

• I'm starting Monday with the determination to post more! Definitely hold with the thinking positive - I know there are lots of people who say not to build your hopes up but I am useless at doing that. I can't stop myself hoping and hoping is the fun part so I'm going with that!

One of the most frustrating parts of TTC is that everyone feels different and that so many symptoms match AF (or life in general....tired....hungry....) so will keep everything crossed for those who need it. And sticky vibes for all!

AFM - CD12 and should ov in the next few days, OPKs are starting to show a line but a long way from positive yet. Usually CD15 so we'll see. Have started temping in the last few days (scared of it but still!) but not for long enough to show anything. Hope everyone survived Monday!

• Hi all soz have been away so long! Been more lurking than posting, especially after the disappointment of losing my bfp to a CMC. Hope everyone is well.

Congrats to the new bfpers! I hope everything goes to plan over the next 8mths.

For those that have the 'inconvenience' of catching at the wrong time?! Please discuss it elsewhere, the TTC board isn't the place to be as there's plenty of us that would love to be in your place.

Hi to all that follow

• I'm glad someone spoke up, I wanted to post earlier as I was quite shocked but didn't really feel it was my place. Well said PS xx

• I also need to say something here. It's really quite insensitive to discuss how inconvenient getting pregnant is on a TTC board where there are several ladies that would absolutely kill to be in your shoes.

The BT forum is exactly the place for this chat but I understand why you don't want to just jump straight over there.  So while you remain on the TTC board could you please be mindful of other peoples feelings, even just a little bit?  Thank you

• I'm with PS, Rebejay, and CA...not really the right place to be complaining about being pregnant, eh? A little bit of tact would be much appreciated. Try to remember that some of us are really struggling with not being pregnant, and some have been here trying for well in excess of a year. You should count yourself lucky if you are pregnant without much of a wait.

• Congrats to those of you with bfps. I hope the next 8 months is smooth and uneventful.

Just another point. Don't forget how you felt before, how much you wished you were pregnant and worried it was never going to happen. Well, that's how a lot of us still feel, so it stings a bit when people are so flippant about it. Just saying.

Also, personally I wouldn't be drinking a large glass of wine when pregnant, whether I was 5 weeks or 5 months. Again, just my opinion.

• Huge apologies, I was in no way trying to say that getting pregnant isn't something we desperately wanted now, I was more trying to say to barefoot that there's never the perfect time and potentially worded it poorly.  Its difficult to leave the TTC thread, sorry.  

• Barefoot, your post yesterday did stump me a little I have to admit. My first reaction was to post with 'swap?' but I didn't as I knew you didn't mean your post to be how it perhaps come across, and I didn't want to make you feel bad etc. I appreciate pregnancy is life changing, but I'm not sure this thread is the place to complain about that.

I have to agree with Imp on the wine - that also stumped me. I'd give up the world to have a baby right now and the last thing I'd be thinking about is wine, nor would I be putting any risk on my unborn child by drinking it. Although that baby may not be feeding off you for the first six weeks, the first twelve weeks are the most risky and I'm not sure I could live with myself by doing anything outside the book just incase something happened.

Anyway, I hope none of this scares you off and you stay around to share your pregnancy with us.

• I also read that yesterday & thought it was highly insensitive!!

• Wispa - I personally did read your response as just sympathising with previous posts in all honesty. Like I said to Barefoot, I understand its hard to venture over to BT and we will always welcome people who have successfully gained their BFP, but I think talk of the inconvenience that has is probably not appropriate for here that is all.

• Moving on.... :-)

Morning all. CD14 (I think!) for me. I ended up doing a FR yesterday evening, BFN. Grrr. My eyes were stinging all day yesterday, I felt exhausted, obviously read into this as I do everything else! Boobs (behind nipples!) are still sore especially when touched / brushed past in any way. CM seems to have stayed the same - more of it since Sunday but still creamy, just like it has been since suspected ovulation. Took my temperature this morning, same as yesterday. Felt like I had a bit of backache this morning but basically gave myself an inside the head slap for symptom spotting - I feel something for like 1 minute and I'm like 'ooooh'. Oh tell you one thing I did keep feeling yesterday which was most odd, shooting pain through my nipples? Thats the only way I can explain it!

• Morning

Pepperoni - sorry for the BFN. Shooting nipple pains sounds nasty, not something ive experienced before but i hope its the sign of something positive?!

AFM- CD21, think im 5 dpo & since yesterday ive had right sided pains, kind of an ache thats there but more severe at times. Ive been googling like mad & stupidly getting my hopes up (despite trying not to) just wondered if anyone else experienced these pains after ov? Could it possibly be implantation or I am being daft?!

• I am glad it's been said too and sorry for bringing it up once again but I also wanted to make a comment about some of you ladies saying to come over to BT for that kind of talk, Tbh I wouldn't want to read that over there either, I have had a pretty rubbish week and if it had been on the 1st tri I would of not been as diplomatic as some of you ladies have been... I don't think there is a good place for it to go... maybe just between you and your husband?