Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

***TTC w/c 23rd September***

Replies

• Options

I'm glad someone else mentioned about the inconvenience. I understand that a tentative bfp means you want to hang around ttc before making the leap but it is hard for those of us who are desperately waiting.

Pepperoni, sorry about bfn, hope the nipple pain is significant for you

Cooper: I'm completely ;like you, last week I felt every symptom going! Hope yours are implantation related

AFM: I feel like a broken record, stuck on ground hog day. My cold has nearly gone so feeling my sypmtoms less but the cramps, backache, head ache are stil there but are very mild & could easily be blamed on the huge big butterflies flitting away in my stomach! I've been spotting since sunday, I've tried to google the difference between af & pregnancy bleeding must all I come up with is that pregnancy bleeding is old blood so is pink or brown. My spotting is light red so that hasn't helped me either way. So I'm CD27 (average cycle length 29 - I'm quite lunar with my cycles & they to track the months so in Feb I had a 26 day cycle) & 13DPO. I'm intending to test tomorrow but no idea which way it might go. At least I've been able to keep myself busy the last few days as last week the 2ww was driving me crazy!!

• Options

Pepperoni - do you mean 14dpo rather than cd14? As in you are expecting AF today?

Moglet - hope ovulation happens soon as expected!

Cooper - step away from google!

Afm - not been a regular on ttc anymore as my body still isn't playing ball. Today is cd39 and I've not ovulated yet :(

• Options

Blackkat - fingers crossed for tomorrow

Also to everyone mentioning my post I am relieved my post wasn't just me being a grumpy madam and others feel the same as I was debating for ages whether or not to comment!

• Options

I'm glad u posted PS. I too find it really insensitive to those of us who would kill to get a BFP. Its not to attack anyone, its simple to point out that sometimes, it pays to think before posting.

• Options

Cooper - I had AF like cramps on 6dpo. It's hard to not read into it isn't it! I don't know whether what you have now is a sign or not, I do hope it is tho.

CC - Very valid point!

Blackkat - I have my FX for you for tomorrow.

Star - Oops. Yes, 14DPO not CD14! But that's only if my OPKs and last lot of EWCM are to be believed, I've only just started temping :) I have rather crazy cycles so spending 25% of my time thinking I may not of even ovulated, 25% thinking AF should come this week, 25% not having a clue whats going on / going to happen and the last 25% thinking I'm in store for a BFP. Obviously hoping its the latter.... Won't hold my breath though :-(

• Options

Morning Ladies,

Mrs A, sorry it was a bfn, fingers crossed for you soon though x

Moglet – Fingers crossed you Ov soon as expected

Cooper – Fingers crossed its implantation!

BK – Good luck with testing tomorrow x

Thank you to those who posted yesterday regarding the inconvenience comments. That post really shocked me, probably more so as I was so upset about my bfn this month. I think 6 cycles has been a bit of a milestone for me and obviously I thought I’d be carrying a baby by now. I know in TTC terms here 6 months isn’t that long, but to me it feels an age! I’m not sure if I should continue posting here as I have found watching the BFPs this month hard. Of course I am happy for everyone I really am but there is a part of me that is jealous, when I see people who haven’t been on the TTC board as long with BFPs it’s hard. Obviously I have no idea how long people have actually been trying or of their own challenges so have no right to feel this way. I need to get myself a TTC PMA really don’t I!!

And wine after you’ve had a BFP seriously ladies surely not!! Anyway sorry for my rant/ramble I’m a miserable cow and need to lighten up. Have a lovely Tuesday everyone x

• Options

You only need to look at my signature to see what I would give for an inconvenient pregnancy. Anyway....

I'm kind of joining you chickens for a while. I'm CD11 following my post-IVF withdrawal bleed (it took a while to arrive!). I've been using up my OPKs since day 8 as they are just wasting drawer space. I have this tiny ray of hope that I might be one if those that falls pregnant naturally after IVF manages to reset everything. We shall see! All OPKs definitely negative so far.

Even if I ovulate, H doesn't have that many swimmers, so the chance of falling pregnant are slim. BUT I have 8 weeks to pass until we get started for our frozen transfer cycle, so no harm in trying, keeping positive and keeping busy to pass the time. It makes me feel almost normal to be joining in with you lot ;-)

• Options

I'm glad you posted too PS (and everyone else). I read the posts yesterday but refrained from replying as I couldn't trust myself to be diplomatic. I think this is a prime example as to why so many TTC ladies were so keen for their own space on MD. Any sort of pregnancy talk can be hard to stomach when you're TTC, whether you've been trying for 2 months or 2 years. Posts about how inconvenient it is to be pregnant on a TTC thread is just salt in the wound.

Congratulations on your BFPs ladies, I'm really pleased for you, but please keep the BT talk for BT.

Hello to everyone else. I mainly post on the MTTC thread these days but I do still lurk here too and I'm hoping for you all. I hope we get some more bfps soon.

I ovulated late this month, which seems to have completely screwed my temps. I think I'm 3dpo but my temp is barely above my cover line. Normally it would be sky high by now. Hey ho, there's always next month (month 16 of TTC).

• Options

Morning All - nice to see you back for a bit ducky!

I saw the infamous comment yesterday but didnt really know what to say to it so avoided this thread. Its been addressed far better than i could have ever so i'm glad i kept hushed but it still got picked up on.

On a positive note I seem to have developed some willpower during this 2WW - last night (11dpo) i really wanted to test but i resisted. I always said if no AF by Saturday (15 DPO) I'll test so I'm waiting patiently till then. I did use an OPK though, haha. Negative but did have a faint line, probably half as dark as test line. I'm hoping it doesnt get darker otherwise I'm back to my continuous 2WW with no actual ovulation which i'm just over at this point.

• Options

DollyP
    I’m not sure if I should continue posting here as I have found watching the BFPs this month hard

Dolly, I just wanted to say that eventually the shine does get taken off ttc.  Don't feel bad about it, it happens to everyone.  We all just want a BFP, and a healthy baby.  If you feel that you are struggling on the TTC thread, you could always move over to MTTC.

• Options

Hello Wishful!

DollyP - I agree with Imp. There comes a point when TTC isn't new and shiny and exciting, often around the 6 month mark in the first instance (but sometimes earlier or later). Or sometimes after someone has had a loss (or more than one) TTC becomes a scary prospect. Feelings of frustration and worry and panic that it won't happen are all normal. As is that pang of 'why isn't it my turn' when you see a BFP.

I think the above reasons are why the DTC board is so quiet - sometimes it is easier to shut out the TTC world than torture yourself with seeing other peoples' good news. Most MTTCers have been trying a while and getting fed up with it all now. I'm sure they would welcome you to their thread.

• Options

Imp

DollyP
    I’m not sure if I should continue posting here as I have found watching the BFPs this month hard

Dolly, I just wanted to say that eventually the shine does get taken off ttc.  Don't feel bad about it, it happens to everyone.  We all just want a BFP, and a healthy baby.  If you feel that you are struggling on the TTC thread, you could always move over to MTTC.

Exactly what Imp said. Feel free to join us on the MTTC thread any time you want Dolly. For a while I posted regularly on the normal TTC thread and on MTTC. Post wherever you feel the most comfortable x

• Options

Hi All,

Lots of posts already so I won't do personals.  Hope everyone is well and special hugs to Dolly! Don't give up yet please. Congrats on the people with BFP's - I'm with the crowd of not drinking alcohol anymore and wish you all a very healthy pregnancy!  Hear hear to No moaning about BFP's please either.  

As for me - CD 7 so AF has left the biulding. Am geearing up for a DTD marathon in the coming days - got 2 rows on the Clear Blue Fertily monitor this morning so something is going on :)  Onwards to the 2nd cycle of TCC-ing since the MC in June.

Have a great day

xx Sue

• Options

Thanks for the kind words ladies, I may creep over to MTTC in the next few days. I think I'll give myself a few days off whilst I'm waiting for AF to depart!

• Options

DollyP - Do you have any of us MD ladies on fb? Or do you even have facebook? Would love to add you as a friend if you do as sounds like you could do with a buddy x

• Options

What does MTTC and DTC stand for?

• Options

MTTC - Midterm Trying To Conceive

DTD - Determined To Conceive

ETA - there is a little description on the first page of each thread. 

• Options

Mid-term TTC - people who have been trying a while, had a tough time and are a bit fed up of it now.

DTC - Determined to conceive - those who are having fertility treatment and most of whom have been trying a loooong time.

• Options

Cross posted with Candy there!

• Options

Said better than me, as always Ducky!!!