Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***TTC w/c 23rd September***

Replies

• Thanks very much. I haven't looked at the 1st pages of them - I always look through the last pages instead, oops! I guess I would probably pass as mid-term TTC now with it being 9 or 10 months, but I feel like a fraud as I've only actually had 4 cycles, and only really now started using OPKs and the like! Still, doesn't make the length of time any easier, sigh.

• You wouldn't be a fraud Pepperoni, feel free to join us over in MTTC if you'd like to x

• Does anyone know much about progesterone and sore boobs after ovulation? Having not had it after suspected ovulation before I've obviously been googling it! Lots of people say it can be a sign of low progesterone. I'm still trying to work out how it all pieces together - how can you ovulate without progesterone? And if I've not ovulated then why are they suddenly sore after a positive OPK etc.... Just wondered if anyone had been told anything about sore boobs from someone medical rather than google before....?

• Thanks Figaro, I might peek in sometime soon x

• Hi all,

Lots of posts as I'm a bit late - but just wanted to say I think my wine drinking got taken a bit out of context - I was only 2dpo when I had a few glasses - so was meaning it as a bit of a light hearted comment - I agree with no drinking as soon as I get that bfp, but not going to put everything on hold while ttc.

(And to be totally honest I didn't read anything negative in to the 'inconvenient' post - I think it's such a massive life change we'll all have a bit of a panic won't we? Maybe that's just me...and maybe as I'm not here that much I don't read things the same way as some of you who are here more and therefore are more involved - not saying that's a good thing of mine!).

Anyway! Afm - cd21, still sitting on the 2ww bench. Promised myself I will not, definitely not, no way test til AF is late - don't fancy my willpower much though!! Have to at least make it to day she's due though - so a week today... At least I have Strictly to distract me this weekend though! (I know, a bit of a saddo!).

• Pepperoni - I posted this a while back about boob pain in the 2ww. I have no idea if there is any truth in it. My pain is mostly on the front this cycle and I've just had 21 day bloods done this morning so I'll see what my progesterone levels come back like. It says that front pain could be from high estrogen. I literally have no idea!!!

mumdrum.com/.../12138.aspx

Also, you will be welcome on MTTC any time xx

• Thanks Candy! I did see that - I think that might be what started me off worrying, ha!

• I agree that at 2dpo or even 12 dpo I would still have a glass of vino, you're right that you can't put your life on hold. I just don't agree with drinking after a bfp, and that was implied. (Not by you)

I think the whole way through a pregnancy I'll worry, but I'll worry that everything's ok with my baby. I won't be panicking about how my life will be inconvenienced by being pregnant or having a baby.

I think perhaps just a bit more thought is needed about how things can hurt others?

• I agree with Imp, I don't believe anyone should put their life on hold whilst TTC but there is a difference between drinking when your TTC and once you've had a BFP.

• Exactly what Imp and Pepperoni said.

Pepperoni, whenever you're ready feel free to peek away :) x

• Hi Pepperoni and Imp - Yep, agree with you both - there is a big difference.

Anyway... I need to sort out my avatar.... I've still got the boring standard one and yours are all more exciting. Though Pepperoni's is just making me want pizza!

• Haha! Whilst I was finding the picture all I wanted was pizza too!

• Haha Lola, I nearly added a Pepperoni inspired pizza comment to my last post lol. Before I went veggie my pizzas always included pepperoni and jalapeños. First time in years that I'm craving an American Hot! Lol

• Eeeeek!! Sorry guys, do I need to have another name and avatar change!? Maybe I'll be a creme egg instead :-)

• Haha Pepperoni, I love your name and avatar, even if it does make me crave an American Hot :) I think craving Creme Eggs would be worse lol lol

• Imp

I agree that at 2dpo or even 12 dpo I would still have a glass of vino, you're right that you can't put your life on hold. I just don't agree with drinking after a bfp, and that was implied. (Not by you)

I think the whole way through a pregnancy I'll worry, but I'll worry that everything's ok with my baby. I won't be panicking about how my life will be inconvenienced by being pregnant or having a baby.

This, totally!

• Well, CD1 for me now. Just nipped to the toilet and checked CM and there is definitely the start of my AF there in its place! As its not even mid-afternoon yet I count today as CD1 rather than wait for tomorrow don't I? Not sure how I feel at the moment. On one hand relieved - only 40 days this cycle, my shortest yet! And it means that the IC positive OPK I got was again accurate - so I really should start trusting them! On the other, sad, really hoped my sore boobs etc might mean something. Also another unsuccessful cycle so the concern over 'will I / won't I' be able to do this without help continues.

• Sorry to read your update Pepperoni. I have an awful memory & there are far too many many posts to go back through right now but if it was you that said you were going to start temping to keep track of your ov then good luck with that (& if it wasn't you, sorry)

• Blackkat that was me :-) And my new 'tracking' plans are the only thing keeping me enthusiastic right now!

• Pepperoni I love the new name and avatar. Definately don't change it to a creme egg or I won't be able to resist licking the screen :P