Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

***TTC w/c 23rd September***

Replies

• Haha! I now have visions of PS licking the computer screen!! I would be the same - had lunch now so can resist the Pepperoni - not sure I'd ever be able to resist a Creme Egg!

Sorry to hear it's CD1 Pepperoni, hopefully your cycles will stay shorter for you. (I didn't know you had a different name/avatar before but this one is brilliant!)

• Haha Pepperoni is staying!

Lola - Yes, was Mrs_A before. Choc Apple changed her name to Candy Apple and inspired my name change! :)

AFM - Just debating whether to go with clearblue advanced digital OPKs again this month alongside the cheaper IC OPKs. I liked it as it gave me pre-warning that ovulation was coming which is always welcome when you have crazy cycles as sometimes I can / will give up doing OPKs for a few days out of frustration - where as smiley faces made me persist this cycle! OR whether to get the CBFM. I think the CBFM works out cheaper in the long run (hoping I won't need it for the long run though...) and I like that it gets to know your cycles better, BUT what I don't like is the fact that it has to get to know your cycle for the first time you use it - feels like I'd be using it and achieving nothing for the first cycle.

• Aahh! I know you now!

No advice on whether to go digital or not I'm afraid. I promised myself I wouldn't do any of that for 6 months, gave in and used the cheapies this month (month4) but not really experienced with them enough to be able to help. I can see the advantage of it if your cycles are a bit unpredictable though.

• Hello! I'm a newbie - had my coil out yesterday. No AF since December so no idea on CD but trying and testing with OPKs anyway :)

• Wow, Pepperoni, can't believe I actually remembered something correctly! I've no idea about the digital as I've only used the cheapy opk's as they've worked fine for me. Hopefully the machine will 'get to know you' very quickly!!

Hi HisLommel, welcome to the ttc threads, hope your time here is short (in the nicest possible way). Hope you're also able to get to grips with your cycles in no time at all x

• Welcome Hislommel! Exciting times!

Gosh I forgot how painful AF is. I thought the last one was so sore because it was such a long cycle but at less than half the length this time and its still super sore. Lots of paracetamol don't my neck and H has come to the rescue with a hot water bottle!

• Sorry pepperoni :( sore boobs is a nasty trick to play :( Hi HisLommel! May TTC be short and sweet!

• So 14dpo & cd 28 today & BFN again for me on an ic. I was starting to be convinced that I was pregnant again but the signs are so confusing & could be related to other things (although no idea why I would be so exhausted or so hungry all the time). Told my hubby I would wait until Friday to test again if still no answer. Day 4 of spotting too. Will just have to carry on waiting

• Blackkat FX its just to early. I know you've been spotting, but aside from that when would you typically expect AF? Today?

AFM - CD2 here, nothing to report, but have temped for 2 days now :-D

• Morning All,

Blackkat - FX for you. I read something on baby center the other day about implantation bleeding, after your first signs of implantation bleeding it can still take 3-4 days to implant and then another 3-4 days to show up on a urine test. Whilst you might not have had implantation bleeding, i never knew it can potentially take 8 days from implantation to a BFP. so if you implanted late, on 10DPO you'd have to get to 18DPO for it to show. So when you think you're 14DPO, if it took the max amount of time you would have had to have implanted at 6dpo, which is quite early. I know thats really long and waffley but i found it quite comforting as i honestly didnt have a foggiest about how long the implantation to BFP process was.

Pepperoni - sorry for AF, but also a little congrats. getting your cycle shorter is half the battle for us long cycle girls so thats always a positive.  Also i think you'll enjoy temping. My first month doing it, although hard to remember to do it at first, its interesting to watch how your body reacts and works. Its quite comforting to see the dips and peaks for ovulation.

AFM - 13 DPO today. I'm been sweating like a wilderbeast for the last 48 hours. its insane how hot i feel. I've also had tingling in my chest. Need to dig out that old post about boobs to see what that means. my sister had her 12 week scan yesterday and text me the picture. It kind of didnt feel real that she had got pregnant but now that it looks like a proper baby it hit home hard. I'm happy for her, but shes not happy in her own situation and i cant help but feel frustrated that its not me experiencing pregnancy.

• Wishful - Thanks, it is an added relief to have a 40 day cycle! Just hope I have constant shorter ones now! I've noticed a pattern of 40 day cycles, then longer cycles unfortunately, so hoping to break that. Thats a difficult situation and I can understand how that must make you feel. It will be your turn soon :-)

• Morning all!

Welcome Hislommel - hope your stay is short (in the nice way!).

Pepperoni - AF is horrid isn't it? Sorry it's painful. Chocolate, hot water bottles and lots of tea needed.

FX that it's just too early Blackcat.

Wishfulwhispers - sorry but the wildebeast comment did make me laugh! Conjured up a lovely picture in my mind!! Hopefully it's all the right things happening in your body. And totally understandable how you feel about your sister - happy but a little sad too.

AFM, cd22, 7dpo. Feel completely normal, so no symtoms to spot or drive me crazy. Coming down with a cold though, which I could do without! I normally start spotting before AF, so that will probably start soon.

• Lola - No symptom spotting might keep you sane during the 2WW! Having just experienced the slowest 2WW of my life, I think it can only be a good thing! Lol! :)

• Pepperoni, every time I see your avatar it makes me want a dominoes.  Grrr!

Hi to everyone else!

• Imp - Mmmm, garlic & herb sauce! Yum! ;)

Just topped up on my TTC supplies. Just gone with more advanced OPKs, IC OPKs and have got some pre-seed to try as well....

• I tried preseed this month Pepperoni - bit weird!! My only advice is... you don't need as much as you think!! (Without going in to too much detail!)

• Thanks for the tip Lola! We have been using the other popular TTC gel, can't remember exactly what it is called - pink tube! Have read some good stuff about preseed though so thought it was worth a bash.

• Lola - Your avatar is definitely the worst. Mmmm, cake!!

• Pepperoni: My cycles are anything from 28-31 days. I think part of that is a do usually spot for a few days before & don't always know when it jumps from spotting to the light af. I know it sounds silly but it does feel different this time as I've had cramps this time & normally I don't have cramps with my spotting (only cramps on the 2nd full day). FF thinks I should be due on today but I guess that's probably because it's 14 days since I ovulated. The other website I use (my monthly cycles) seems to think that I'm not due till Friday & that according to my dates I won't get a positive hpt until Monday. Sorry - a bit of a ramble - as is my brain currently!

wishful: Thanks for the info. I've been googling like crazy & I think you can find a story of someone getting pregnant with pretty much any combination of symptoms or none at all or those who've not got a positive for awhile after their ovulation date. Thanks for the positive heads up, appreciate that.

LolaB: fingers crossed for you & love the cake! Also I use preseed & yes a little goes a very long way!!

AFM: After lounging around on the sofa (went to bed at 11 last night but couldn't sleep due to nerves of testing, up again by midnight had 2 full bowls of cereal & back in bed by 1.30) trying to nod off but not being allowed I finally pushed myself to get up & take my daughter to swimming (I mustn't let her miss out just because I'm tired & emotional) & feel a little better for it. Back in work tomorrow & Friday so hopefully those 2 days will go quicker then my mum & nephew are staying for the weekend so it should be busy & fun.

• everyone needs positivity in the 2ww!

Just as a side discussion - When we all get our BFPs (and we will!) do you plan on finding out the gender?

I have always wanted it to be a secret and find out when its born, but i like the idea of a gender reveal now. I think as my step daughter might struggle with having to share daddy it would be nice to have lots of things to keep her involved with, so i think my plan is now, go to ultrasound, get the technican to write down either pink or blue and fold it up. Give give it to my sister and ask her to fill a box with helium balloons of that colour and seal the box, the three of us (me, H and step LO) will open the box together and see what we're having.