Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

***Wednesday Chat Thread****

Morning,

I hope nobody minds me starting the thread. I'm nervous about coming on here in the office as I don't want anyone to know that we are TTC with the restructure going on.

Lulu- Any sign of AF yet? I hops she stays away.

Tatyo- Did you pick a dress? Both are lovely. 

Dolly- I hope that there AF still hasn't arrived and that you only have one day to keep yourself busy before you test. 

ST- I hope that you are felling a bit better today.

Claire- if you are back I hope that you had a lovely trip and I'm lookijg forward to hearing about it.

AFM I'm counting down the days to the restructure announcement at work. Had a chat with H last night about TTC and he has been doing some googling by the sounds of it and has been reading up on temping and charting. Poor man was convinced that he would need to schedule his working from home days around my cycle. I had to laugh but I've promised hik that we won't be going down that road.... Yet. 

Replies

• Morning ladies,

I'm seizing the opportunity to sneak on before everyone else on my team arrives!

Peggs - Bless your H for doing some research, mine relied on me to tell him what he needed to know! Restructuring is a horrible thing to go through, hope you're OK.

I'm feeling a bit less down in the dumps, thanks you all for being so supportive. However, I just know that today is going to be one of those days - I've been awake half the night with shoulder pain, which I don't want to take anything for so I'm trying to soldier on through it. I've had a yogurt explosion in my bag this morning, and also my PC seems to have decided that today would be a great day to be a total PITA and not function properly. But at least it's Wednesday, half way to the weekend!

Hi to all who follow x

• Morning all!

Peggs - That's very sweet of your H, you could use that to your advantage (do the hoovering before I get home so we can dtd in a clean house!!) Big Smile Good luck for the restructuring, that kind of stress is never good, hope you come through ok.

ST - Sorry you're feeling down in the dumps, I know all about shoulder pain so I don't envy you having to go through it without painkillers Hug. Hope the pc sorts itself out and the yogurt comes out of your bag ok x

AFM - Think I'll go with the majority on the dress too, will pop into Debenhams Saturday and if they don't have it, will get something else similar. Think someone asked yesterday what type of party, it's a Hindu festival - Diwali. Two of my colleagues are heavily involved in a charity here so they organise it every year both as a celebration and to raise funds for their temple. TTC news, big temp dip today and more cramps plus moody humour so the witch is on the way!

Hello to all who follow xx

• Morning everyone!

Peggs - that is really good of your H to take an interest bless him.  I hope you're ok at work.

ST - Sorry you've had a bad start to the day, I hope it gets better for you.

Tayto - Sorry you think af is on the way.  I remember you telling us about the party now, sounds lovely and that dress is perfect.

Dolly P - I hope af is staying away from you!

AFM - Spotting should start today or tomorrow at the latest for af to arrive on time, getting nervous now as I really don't want to have to change my appointment next week unless of course it is to cancel but I'm trying not to get my hopes up and let my thoughts runaway, easier said than done.

After Tayto posted that dress yesterday it made me wonder, where do you all go for clothes? I'm stuck in a rut always going to the same places! I tend to go to Oasis and Warehouse mainly, I ordered some nice (and cheap) dresses from New Look last month but the sizes were really strange on me :-( I'm tempted to order one of them again in the bigger size.

Hi to all who follow!

• Morning.

Peggs - don't envy you on the restructuring. Do you think it'll be bad news for you?  As for your h that is funny!  My h just relies on me to tell him when the right time is.

ST - Well it can only get better! Definitely down hill to the weekend now

Tayto - sorry to hear you think af is on the way

Lulu - easier said than done but try not to be nervous.  In terms of clothes I like H&M, debenhams (especially red herring and Henry holland), Dorothy perkins, and house of fraser. We also have a shop in town here that does random small brands. I can always find a dress in there. I do find new look a bit hit and miss

Tried the cb opks this morning. So much easier! It was negative but I was just pleased to know either way. Off out for dinner tonight and some cocktails.  Not a good idea on a school night!

• Tayto - Just caught up with last night's thread, that first dress is lovely! Sorry to hear that the witch is coming, although well timed with it being nearly Halloween...!

Lulu - If AF must arrive, I hope she does so in a timely manner. Obviously it would be preferable if she didn't bother! For clothes I tend to buy an awful lot from Primark - particularly t-shirts and PJs, I've got such a huge PJ problem! One of my nicest dresses came from there too and was only a fiver, and I've worn it on a couple of nights out and to weddings and all sorts. Other than that, H&M, New Look, Tesco, Asda, or online shopping when all of the above fail me!

Holey - Glad the CB OPKs are working out better for you! Have a cocktail for me! Then if anyone should question how many you're having on a school night you can just say "well they're not all for me, I'm drinking on behalf of Sparkly Tyke"!

• Haha ST I like that plan!

• Lulu - echoing ST here but I really hope AF stays away or turns up promptly so no interference on your plans x Re clothes shopping, I'm stuck in a rut too so hoping to do a major shopping splash out on Saturday in Oxford - if I get some good stuff, I'll come back and flash!

ST - hehe, that made me laugh!

Holey - glad the digis are working ok - love ST's plans re the cocktails! I might have a wine tonight for you too!

Opinions please - is this a too 'oldie' type dress for me? www.debenhams.com/.../prod_10701_10001_54488+035547190_-1

I like the idea of splashing out on a 'good' dress that I can wear time and time again and not my usual way of buying a cheapie one and then only wearing it once or twice!

• Hello ladies sorry no time for personals going to wolf some lava hot microwave lasagna then back to work. Still no AF here, I am planning on testing tomorrow morning but not getting my hope up as all my classic pmt signs are here.

Hope everyone gets what they are hoping for, will try and do personals on the way home.

• Holey - I think it's a sensible plan! :)

Tayto - I'm a bit confused as the two pictures appear to be of two different dresses?! I like though! I'm a big fan of lace at the moment.

LG - Hope the classic PMT symptoms mean something else in this case!

• LG - god luck for tomorrow!

ST - the link above is another dress I found and one of my colleagues here says she thinks I'm too young for it - she's in her 50's and figures it's suited more to someone closer to her age?! I just wanted to see what you lovely ladies thought! The two from yesterday were just yet more ideas I've found while trawling the t'interweb!

• Tayto - I agree with your colleague,  I think you're too young for it!

• I clicked on the link above Tayto, but it brings up 2 different dress pictures for me. They're similarish but very definitely different!

• ST - Hmm, dunno why you're seeing two this is it:

Holey - I do tend to wear 'older-ish' clothes so I might try it on anyway! If it's the magic dress I need, I don't care what age group wears it! Although, given the price, I think the only magic that does really is make my money disappear!

• Hi ladies,

On my phone again so sorry for Typos,

Tatyo- I like your idea re hoovering. I might be able to use this TTC malarkey to my advantage ;-) I think the dress you showed today is lovely but I agree that it's a bit older. I love the lace and colour though. I think it might be the neckline that makes it look like an older dress. Hard to know without you trying it on.

ST- I hope that the shoulder eases up soon. Maybe treat yourself to a long bath this evening to see if it helps.

Lulu- I hope af behaves either way and you don't have to move your app. I normally shop in Oasis for weekend clothes & then H&m, next or Hobbs for work clothes. The latter if I'm feeling rich & need a smart meeting dress. I'm very sage with clothes though.

Holey-enjoy your cocktails tonight. I drink far to often on a school night and swear by a diroalyte before bed. I've just started on the CB OPKs too & also got s neg but glad to know that they are working and are easy to read.

LG- I hope AF doesn't show up at all or if she has to is over and done quickly so that you can get back to DTDing.

I'm extremely unmotvated at work & can't browse the net as my screen is on full view to most of the floor. Roll on 5pm on Friday! Does anyone have any Halloween plans?

• Tayto - click on the smaller image at the bottom - that's a different dress but matches the description of cross front better than the picture that comes up initially as the big one!

ETA:

• Peggs - if only an bath was an option - our boiler works off the coal fire, which has been broken for the last 2 years...! Fixing it is on the list of things to do. My Halloween plans are going across to the other side of the country for a 60th on Friday night, so I've got Friday afternoon off. Hurrah! Do you have any plans?

• Thanks peggs will try and remember that tonight!  I don't normally do but work is rubbish at the moment so I don't care!

Tayto - I do think it's a lovely dress but I do prefer the first one you linked yesterday. You're only young once!

Halloween we're going to our nephew's 4th birthday party (his birthday is the 30th) then off to the 'posh' cinema to watch the shining. Just glad we aren't at home for all the trick or treaters!

• Sorry I'm so rubbish at personals once I get past one page lol!

Thanks for all the wishes for af to behave one way or the other.

Holey - Enjoy cocktails tonight, I used to love going out on a school night but not so much now I have a long commute!

Tayto - I prefer the other dress tbh, there is a 20% off offer in French Connection at the moment if you like anything in there?

LG - Good luck testing!

Peggs - I'm de-motivated as well (for a change lol) I hope Friday comes round quickly now this week is dragging!

ST - Friday afternoon off sounds great!

I've got no plans for Halloween, we never do anything! I might get some sweets in though just in case we get anyone knocking at the door!

• ST - Ahh, I see what you mean now! They're definitely different! Surprised they've made such a mistake!

Holey - your halloween plans sound like fun! Enjoy!

Lulu - good idea, I usually end up finishing the candy myself but this year that won't happen cos of all my probs with my teeth - I daren't chance it!

• Here we go - mumdrum is a nightmare on the phone!

Peggs your H is A gem suggesting working at home for special days of the month. I've just been through a restructure so don't envy you, but if you get your bfp beforehand make work know it will make it harder to get rid of you. Peggs I too wish I could surf the web but I sit next to my boss.

ST sorry you are struggling with shoulder pain is this normal for you? Glad you are feeling more positive. Good attitude re Wednesday.

Tayto good luck with the clothes shopping I am hopeless. Wear clothes that suit you and you like is what I say and accessories can change a dress completely.

Lulu best of luck with a bfp or AF being on time. Hate clothes shopping so lots from sainsburys for me. Or clothes shops that stock petite.

Hokey glad opks were easy and best enjoy drinking on a school night before you can't! ;)

Thanks for all the luck for tomorrow ladies will definitely pop on and let you know either way!