Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

**Chat Thread w/c 25th August**

Morning ladies!

Well it's just after 5am and I am curled up on the couch with a sleepy boy who has been crying since half 4 and wouldn't settle in his bed. :-( it's going to be a long day!

Haven't tested yet, and I'm actually scared to this morning. I don't know what I expect to see. I've convinced myself that yesterday was just a shadow, so why bother testing.

How was everyone's weekend? Dolly, did you get your garden done?
My H made chicken fajitas for dinner last night and they were epic! He made the tomato sauce that goes into it from scratch! Was so good!

Replies

• Options

pic removed

• Options

Morning rkb, sorry to hear about poor w, what was wrong?? I see the faintest of shadows there, I think it's worth a frer... hope I don't get your hopes up in vain!

Afm - missed our flight this morning so having to go to Luton; H is royally p!ssed off cos it was within a minute at the desk. Oh well, at least we got another flight :-)

Hello to all who follow, hope Claire-Lou's scratch went ok, think it was this weekend, yeah?

• Options

Sorry you missed your flight Tayto,  but glad you managed to get another one! I don't know what was up with W, he just wakes some nights and won't go back over on his own. The cat didn't help matters this morning either, he was jumping at the door handles trying to get out. I'm glad I'm not in work today! That's for sure!

I think Claire lou's scratch was this weekend, hope it went well and you aren't in any discomfort.

• Options

RBK I can see something. I'd expect to see a positive on a first response by now as well.

• Options

Hi all. This is my first time on one of these I think. Can't always promise to do personals but will try to be more active.

RKB I can see something quite clearly but having never seen a positive myself I don't know if that's what they're meant to look like but there is def some shading there!

Tayto, hope you get the luton flight and you're not waiting there hours as luton airport is rubbish and small!

As for me, I'm on Cd4. Had my 21 day bloods last month as been full on ttc for over a year now. Off the pill for two years. My bloods came back at level 22 which is apparently low as doc said they like it to be over 30. But I think I should've had the test done a few days earlier as my cycles are only 24-25 days! So am having to go this month on day 18. I have a clearblue ovulation monitor that shows ovulation every month so I don't think it's a problem for me but we will see. OH is waiting his SA date too.

Off to the cinema today in the pouring rain then having a slimming world batch cook sesh later as joined online last week! Lost six pounds in week 1 but don't think this week will be as good as the long weekend has made it harder!!

• Options

Hi Zola! Your day sounds good! Hope it stops raining! Well done on the weight loss too! I don't know anything about the tests your getting,but I hope they go the way you need them to!

• Options

RKB I can see a definite line. Definitely do a FR in the morning but I'd say it's looking very likely you're going to get your BFP eeeeek! I'll hold off on the congratulations until tomorrow. X

Tayto How unfortunate, but so glad you got another flight. Have a lovely holiday!

Zola , welcome aboard. Hope your next results are a bit more conclusive. Enjoy the cinema, what are you going to see?

AFM, scratch went really well, thanks for asking T. It was quite painless, I just breathed through it and kept repeating to myself why I was doing it, it seemed to do the trick. Then went and got some last holiday bits.

• Options

RKB - that looks so similar to my first test! I actually went back to mine an hour later and it had gotten even darker. Have you looked back at it since you took the pic?

Mine went from this:

To this within the hour:

Edited to to add, I did a cb digi the day after this and got 1-2 weeks so I really have my fingers crossed for you RKB! x

• Options

Also Wave to everyone!! x

• Options

RKB - I'm pretty sure I can see something there, I got weaker lines on IC than I did on FR & CBs so fingers crossed for when you do another one. x

• Options

Thanks for posting tonka. It hasn't got darker, but as H put it, he didn't need to squint to see this one today. I've asked him to get a first response on his way home for the morning. If it's just an evap line, I'd prefer to know before AF shows on Wednesday. I've been getting mild cramps the past couple of days, but they don't feel like the ones I'd get with AF.

• Options

RKB that's a line in my book. Will save the congrats but time for First Response!

Tayto sorry you missed your flight but have an amazing holiday!

Zola - I'd say the timing would def explain that slightly lower result, though places differ in what level they look for so I'm not sure it would be worrying as it is. It really annoys me though that drs insist on doing the test on day 21 when it is the right day for so few women. You could also wait to book the test until you've confirmed ovulation in the next cycle. That's what I did when I had it done.

Claire very pleased to hear the scratch went well.

AFM - cd3. having a pretty strange period. Very faint and dizzy. Haven't really been able to do much this weekend because of it. Wondering if it's either all the spotting leaving me a bit iron deprived (eating all the iron rich foods I can since yesterday) or whether the acupuncture did something weird. Either way, hope it clears up very soon.

• Options

Hi VC, sorry AF is doing strange things. Be careful. If you continue to be light headed, you should go see the doctor. Xx

• Options

I've got it booked for day 18 and normally ov around day 14-15 so should be ok I hope!

Didn't go to the cinema in the end. We've got unlimited cards but nothing on appealed. Saw guardians of the galaxy last week though which was v funny!

So now at home about to finish our house of cards marathon!!

Very excited by RKBs bfp hopes for the next test though!!

• Options

I haven't seen guardians of the galaxy yet, but have heard it's really good! I think the last thing I saw in the cinema  was godzilla!

• Options

Crashing sorry, looks totally like a bfp to me, good luck with the fr x

• Options

Hello I'm back to those that remember and Hello to those I am yet to meet. My daughter is now very nearly 18 months so we are starting the TTC journey again. Don't think this month will be it as had grandparents staying to babysit as childminder on holidays so starting properly next month. Not sure we will manage the same gusto for doing the deed as A still gets up most nights at least once.

RKB  - I can see colouring fingers crossed for you.

Will try and do personals

• Options

Hi ladies, I've posted on the main baby talk page, looks like it's official!

• Options

Wow congrats!!

• Options

Hi everyone!

Congrats RKB - lots of vibes for a smooth pregnancy!

Hi lovely girl - nice to meet you - good luck with TTC - hope you get some peace tonight!

I'm on the iPad and can't look at previous pages to do personals, but hope everyone has had a good day?

We've just got back from a few days away so today has been catching up with laundry, cooking and TV!

TTC wise - I'm now 2 weeks off the pill and no AF yet. No symptoms at all really so we are just DTD when we want and waiting to see if anything happens!