Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

**Weekly Chat Thread w/c 24.11.14**

Morning everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend? Did anyone get up to anything good?

Sorry I didn't get on last week. Work was manic after I was off sick for a week!

Ttc wise - well my hope that my body was sorting itself out was short lived. I'm currently on cd 35 but I ovulated 3 weeks ago so no idea what's happening. I'm now worried there's something wrong with me :-( as each day passes I'm finding I'm getting more and more disappointed which I never thought I would.

Sorry for the downer so early on a Monday!

Replies

• Morning Holey! Sorry to hear your body is still messing you about - if you ov'ed 3 weeks ago, are you definitely sure you couldn't be pregnant? Did you confirm ovulation or was it just the opks? It may have been that you were about to but the illness you had caused you to not ovulate until later? When I had my op on my knee, it looked like I was ov'ing as usual on CD12 but it was another 3 weeks before AF came along so I deduced that I hadn't ov'ed, my body just geared up for it but with the stress of the op, I didn't ov until later. You're not being a downer - it's fully understandable - we're trained from a young age to think we'll get pregnant at the drop of a hat so it's a bit of a rollercoaster when it doesn't work out that way!

AFM - Went to the Xmas Gift Fair at the NEC on Sunday but it wasn't great - wish I hadn't bothered really! Have Weight Watchers tonight so I think I have a pound or two lost. In TTC news, hoping AF shows her face this weekend so we can get back to trying again. We should be in with a chance this cycle plus we've chatted a bit about our other problems so we've a bit of a plan in place.

Hello to all who follow x

• Hi tayto. Sorry the gift fair was rubbish. Good to hear you and your H are in a better place too.

Defo not pregnant. Did a FR last weekend which was negative. Maybe you're right about ov being delayed. I just seem to spend every month hoping my body will start doing what it should!

• Sorry to hear about the BFN Holey, hope AF shows up soon so you can get back to trying again. xx

• Morning ladies,

Quiet weekend here which was welcomed!

Sorry you are having a confusing cycle again Holey - it's so frustrating isn't it? Hope you get an answer soon. It does sound like ov could have been delayed with you being so ill though.

Fingers crossed you've lost weight this week then tayto - have you had a good week? Sorry the gift fair was a bummer though. I'm glad you have a plan in place with your hubby though.

AFM - I'm all over the place lovelies, AF due later this week/early next but I'm just being a silly sod - on the one hand I think I'm out and I'm down about that and then the other I think I have a good shot and it's way too early to know either way. Stupid brain. I did have what I though was EWCM earlier today which doesn't help to make things less confusing either. As that ruddy Taylor Swift song says shake it off! (Not even sure if that makes sense, I'm just throwing the thoughts out)

Hi to all who follow. xx

• Sally - I've had a fairly good week with the odd bit of naughty but I'm hoping it'll be good enough!

Sorry you're feeling all over the place - the EWCM is confusing - did you reckon you've ov'ed already?

• Well done! You've got to have some treats to be able to keep it up!

I think I'm just having one of those days - I did have some EWCM around when ov would have been due, but no guarantees of course, and I've not been checking religiously. I just happened to notice it earlier. Will find out soon I guess either way!

• Argh! Sally you can join me in the 'my body is doing my head in' camp!

• Hi Ladies!

Holey - Sorry you're not feeling great and your body is still not behaving the way you would like! I hope you find out where you are soon.

Tayto - Good luck at ww tonight! Glad you and your h are ready to try again next cycle!

Sally - I know exactly how you feel it is awful isn't it? I hope you can take your mind off it somehow!

AFM - I'm another one body doing my head in and just feeling a bit rubbish in general today. Had a lovely weekend, got so so so drunk on Saturday and then felt guilty yesterday as I haven't been drunk during the 2ww in a very long time. Boobs started hurting today, that means nothing really though as my body seems to do something different every cycle recently! Sorry for the moan hopefully we will all feel better once Monday is over!

• I'll join Holey!

Sorry to hear you're having a rubbish time too Lulu. Roll on Tuesday ey? Glad you had a lovely weekend, don't worry about being drunk, it's just one of those things, we can't put things on hold can we?

I've just put together the remaining things I need to buy for Xmas onto a spreadsheet, and I'm going to blitz most of them tomorrow (payday!).

• Blimey lulu you've done better than me! Tbh I haven't really changed my habits since ttc. We went out on Friday with 2 friends and had lots of cocktails! It was a fab night.

Sally - that's too organised! I find if I buy stuff too soon I just find more stuff to buy. Me and my h do tend to go all out at Christmas, we just keep saying we are enjoying it while we have the spare cash!

• Morning all,

Feeling a bit brighter TTC wise today. I do have one small issue though and I have a dentist appointment this afternoon. I am petrified of the dentist. I really really don't want to go. H was not up for me hibernating today. :-(

Holey - I like to get them done and out of the way - I do sometime ending up buying more though but I'm being strict this year! We're treating ourselves to a night in a hotel/Michelin meal between Christmas and New Year so we've set a budget for the first time ever! It's so hard to stick too!

Hi to all who follow. x

• Morning Sally! Good to hear you're feeling brighter re TTC but sorry about the dentist. Do you know what you have to get done? Well done on the xmas presents!

AFM - Lost 3.5lbs at Weight Watchers yesterday so quite happy with that. My mum's over from Ireland tomorrow night and I literally cannot wait - I *love* when she comes over! We have spa treatments booked for Thursday followed by dinner at Jamie Oliver's and then Riverdance. We'll then go to the Bath Xmas Market on Saturday. TTC wise, nothing else new, waiting for AF on Fri/Sat.

Hello to all who follow x

• Tayto - sounds like you've got a lovely few days planned! I love bath, have you been to the spa there with the roof top pool? It's amazing!

Sally -  ooh where are you off to for your meal?

Ttc wise nothing to report. Still no af!

• Oh and tayto well done on the weight loss!

• Morning Ladies!

Holey - Sorry still no af so frustrating! TBH Holey I haven't changed my habits that much I've just cut down on drinking which has been easy as lots of my friends have had babies this year! I still drink a few glasses of wine over a weekend but I don't go out as much during the week and I don't get drunk as often.

Sally - Glad you are feeling brighter today, good luck at the dentist. What lovely restaurant are you off to?!

Tayto - Well done on the weight loss, that is a great loss! Bath sounds lovely!

AFM - Still feeling a bit moody! I hope I get my mood out of the way now before Paris! Need to start Christmas shopping starting to worry now!

• Well done on your loss tayto! Your plans with your Mum sound fab.

Hi Lulu - are you all sorted for Paris now? Hope you shift the mood before then.

We're off to The Burlington Restaurant at the Devonshire Arms in Skipton. I've been before but I think it was a different chef back then.

www.thedevonshirearms.co.uk/.../burlington-restaurant

• Hi all.

SallyLou - good luck at the dentist. When I'm nervous about something I always think "by so and so time it'll all be over" and I try to focus on that!

Holey - hope AF (or ov!) hurries up for you.

Tayto- well done on the weight loss, have a great time with your mum!

Lulu - I love Paris, when are you going?

AFM - I'm CD5 and just waiting for d!ldo cam on Friday to find out whether the Clomid has worked. This week feels like it's going sooo sloooowly!

• Afternoon all!

Holey - I've never been to Bath before but I think this trip will just be the markets - I don't think there is any time factored in for going around Bath itself - it's a work trip our sports & social club organise. Sorry there's still no sign of AF!

Lulu - Sorry you're still feeling moody - just think about Paris!

SallyLou - that restaurant looks lovely, enjoy!

Peanut - What will the d!ld0 cam show? Is it to see if the follicles are maturing? Best of luck - hope the rest of the week flies by for you.

• Sally - That restaurant looks lovely! Yes think I am all sorted now having my nails done tonight :-)

Peanut - Good luck with the scan I hope the clomid has worked for you! We are off on Friday!

Tayto - Your work sound great organising that trip!

• Yep it's to see whether the follicles have responded to the Clomid and are developing in the right way. Had a crap day at work so I'm having chips and sausage for dinner which is not really part of my healthy fertility diet!