Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

~*~ Weekend Chat thread ~*~

Anyone around?!

We went to a cheese and wine tasting evening last night which was really nice. I drove so H had a few drinks and was back to his old self - even got a quick one in before bed when we got home! Stick out tongue in other news, had our first proper session with a personal trainer which I really enjoyed - H did too. off up to Wales now this afternoon and for the night as H's cousin is playing in a rugby tournament. TTC wise, 9DPO today and AF isn't far away. No letter from gynae yet, will call them Monday/tuesday if nothing - just to understand why they can't/won't make an app for me.

Hello to all who follow - hugs/vibes etc. to everyone x

Replies

• Options

Hi Tayto and everyone else, popping on to say hello as I haven't been on MD in ages!

Love a bit of cheese a wine, sounds like a good night! TTC wise you know the rules, you're not out til AF shows up!

I'm currently 10DPO, been really really tired this week (falling asleep on the sofa at 8pm) which is unlike me but I'm really trying not to get my hopes up. Booked a holiday for July which I'm really looking forward to, especially since if the clomid doesn't work our last round will be in June so if it hasn't worked at least we'll have the holiday to get away and cheer ourselves up before moving on to IVF.

*waves to all the usuals and lurkers*

• Options

Hi! Im still very new to all this, I've been popping in now and again but not seen much I can comment on as I don't know the ropes/peoples stories yet, don't have much to ad just want to say hi, I'm still here! Also hi to Tayto, I saw your reply to my introducing myself thread. For me, I am about a week from AF showing up and have had sore sore boobs for the last two day, which happened last month around the same time (first cycle off pill) so, it seems it isn't happening this month, but, first month trying so not really unexpected. Also i am trying to lose a bit of extra weight, so if I'm not lucky enough to get pregnant right away then at least I can shift a bit more in the meantime!

Fingers crossed for you both and anyone else who needs it.

• Options

Tayto - Glad your cheese and wine tasting evening was good! - You haven't got anywhere with H and his drinking yet? Glad you had a good session with the personal trainer! I expect its good to get all frustration out! Hope you hear from the gynae soon!

Peanut - Fingers crossed that you being tired is a positive sign! Where have you booked a holiday too?!

Cherry - Hello and welcome :) - Just jump in and start posting its the only way to learn our stories your soon get to know us all more so than just lurking and posting irregularly :)

Fingers crossed next month is your month :)

Afm nothing much to report just counting down to June haha!

I have been worrying about my GTT (I haven't even booked it yet!) I had a positive result with William and now I am thinking omg I am going to have a positive result before getting pregnant! I am trying to tell myself that my readings after my GTT never went high so I am hoping I will be all right, I am putting off my Smear/Swabs until Late May! Going to start temping when AF turns up next and Inositol will commence in May to get me ready!

• Options

Hello all

Been a fairly quiet weekend. Still waiting for af to show. Annoying not knowing how long my cycle will be month to month anymore. Getting spotting mid month too nowadays. Something that I've never had before.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

• Options

Evening all! Had crap internet while I was away so no MD for me!

Peanut - hope that's a good sign - everything crossed for you. Where are you off to on holiday? I hope it doesn't come down to IVF for you - will you have to be off the clomid a while before starting IVF?

Cherry - welcome to the thread! Hope the sore boobs is a good sign for you - it's actually one thing I never get - itchy boobs, yes but never sore/sensitive! We have a weight loss thread if you want to join us - I'm currently taking a break from it, haha!

CC - Oh sweetie, try not to worry too much - I know it's easier said than done - did you get a positive befre you got pregnant with William? Why are you putting your smears/swabs off? when is AF due? Oh and you were asking about H's drinking - apparently the doc said H should just reduce his drinking to the max units for males in general which is already way above what H drinks anyway so he hasn't made any changes there. I'm actually giving it up after Easter so I'm hoping he'll join me - no pressure. For now I'm just glad he's started exercising with me and trying to reduce his work pressures!

Hopeful - Spotting mid month can be the egg bursting from the folicle so I don't belieuve it's anythign to worry about - maybe ask your doc/gynae just in case.

AFM - Forgot to bring thermometer on night away so no temp today but I'm pretty sure we're out. We only did it once 3 days before ov so only once coupled with H's low sperm count isn't giving me much hope! Really looking forward to our 4 day week this week!

• Options

I had a Fasting blood sugar a few in the Feb after Jack which came back normal, So I am prob over reacting haha! Just worrying about it!

Smears and Swabs are being put off because the closer I can get a Swab to when we start TTC the better, I can get treatment and the chance that it will come back will be picked up with my weekly swabs instead of doing it now and then I could get it again by the time we TTC... It makes sense in my head haha!.

Af is due anytime haha! according to what my last cycles have been it is due on 5th of April but with PCOS I have no idea if its going to continue being good!

I hope H joins you in the giving up drinking for easter! I don't drink and it's helped my H cut down so much he just drinks on social occasions mostly now!

Fingers crossed for you anyways I hope AF doesn't turn up :)!

• Options

Ahh I see! Hope AF turns up nice and quick so you can get on with your temping!