Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

7 months

of trying and after a bit of storm sex this morning my period came.  I wanted to cry.

I am ordering my OPK tomorrow online.  Bad day at work too and so cried when I got home.

This how ttc is really frustrating isn't it?

No real point to this post...

Replies

• Oh CJ, im so sorry. It can be really horrible. Have your cry. Very understandable. Big hugs.

• I'm sorry love, I know just how frustrating it can be. Left Hug

How are you tracking ovulation each cycle? Are you temping?

• Thanks ladies.  It's sp good to have this forum.

started temping but couldn't really get on with it.  I would take my temp as soon as got up biut would change each time as I tried to get an average of 3.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I didn't really need to track stuff as I always seemed to ovulate at the same time and be pretty obvious but 7 months in and no sign of a baby I'm going to get a OPK

• I know how you feel, TTC can be so frustrating. I found temping good, I just did the first temperature not an average, but I know not everyone likes it. I've used OPKs for a bit but found them difficult to rely on. i hope you're feeling better and more optimistic soon.

• CJ - temping really is the best way to be sure you are ovulating. What kind of thermometer did you use? It should always be your first temp that you use.

• Hi Saffron it was a digital one but only 1 decimal point.  Maybe I should give it another go.  I started to keep it by my bed but still found it so hard to remember as soon as I woke up whe  my head was all foggy and sleepy.

Maybe I will try it again in conjunction with teh OFK when it arrives (planning on ordering tomorrow)

Thanks Saffron for all your tips and advice.  i will try it again and start from tomorrow, and as it'll be the 2nd day of my AF I'm guessing it should be my *normal, non-ovu* temperature.... or is that wrong?

• Sorry to hear your period arrived CeeJay, I got my bfp this time round on first cycle of using CBFM which was cycle 7 or 8, I lost track. Worth considering, best money I spent. I too didn't get on with temping, I didn't remember to temp first thing, but that was much easier for me.

• It all depends on whether you are sure you are ovulating or not. Other than a blood test, temping is the only thing that can confirm ovulation for you.

I set an alarm for 7am, and one for a few mins later, for every single day. That way, I always take my temp at exactly the same time and for exactly the same amount of time, every day. I often go back to sleep afterwards. When I used to start work earlier a few months back, it was 6am and a few mins past, I always fell back asleep when done.

Even just one cycle will give you peace of mind, and let you confirm ovulation. Good luck!

• Sorry you are feeling like this CeeJay, cycle 7 was a bad one for me as well and I got very down with it all. I've got a CBFM now and this is my second cycle of using it. I did find temping helped and did it for 3 months just to confirm everything was doing what it should, after a couple of weeks the waking up becomes habit! Good luck with it x

• Thanks ladies again.  Really appreciate all the advice and tips.

I've decided to basically get on everything I can and spent my whole morning at work tracking down a CBFM and I now have 2 reserved one in Kingston boots and other one in the Wimbledon store depending on when I can get out of work! Didn't realise until went online that you need to set it frkm first day of cycle but if I get it today apparently I can set it up to day 4 of my cycle!  Hence mad rush to track one down. Will also temp as well.

87% effective apparently!

Hopefully easy to work!