Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice! Its driving me insane

Hi just wondering if anyone can give me some advice or been through the same thing as i'm not sure what to think! i am ttc and have been for 5 cycles and skipped my period this month. I did a test on my 2nd day that i should have had my period and it was negative i dont feel like i have any symptoms either . But i keep thinking am i and maybe because i tested at 5pm after drinking tea all day it hasnt shown. I'm mentally torturing myself.

thanks

Replies

• Test again tomorrow with the first pee of the day for a conclusive answer.

Aside from that, how do you know that your period is late? Do you know when you ovulated? If you don't then it could just be a longer than usual cycle.

Good luck!

• Hi thanks for the reply. I haven't managed to get an other test  yet so think i might have to get one on monday and try tuesday morning.  I usually have a 31 day cycle and never really had any problems with my periods i was abt 4 days late after my honeymoon to mexico but i put that down to the time difference and jet lag. My period only usually lasts 5 days too so would be ending tomorrow if i'd had it.  I think i ovulated between 9th and 13th of this month. Thanks i'm keeping my fingers crossed i hope i have been lucky x

• Were you on hormonal contraception previously and has each cycle been the same length since you stopped or has there been any variations?

• I was on cerazette which i think was mini pill and i was on cilest before that. I asked dr for advice on cerazette as i'd read that it stops you ovulating but it doesnt that was cilest and thats why i was changed when i said a few years ago i was concerned for when i wanted to start ttc. I got my period back after 3 weeks of stopping it and my 2nd cycle i was 2 days later than my first then 3rd cycle after getting home from mexico i was 4 days late and 4th and 5th were on time according to my fertility app. I didn't get periods on cerrazette but on cilest my periods were quite regular and about the dates on my last 2 periods x

• If you ovulated on the 13th your period would only just be due around now, assuming that you have a normal LP? Good luck anyway, hopefully it really is late, and for a good reason! Smile

• Thank you  i guess i'll see if i'm not pregnant and don't get a period i'll probably stress myself out whichbis the last thing i want i'm such a worrier x