Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Barefoot

Hey lovely,

I remember you spoke about a home fertility test kit (or something like that?!) recently but couldn't remember where I read it to go back and re-read.

Can you tell me what the test is, where you got it and what it tells you?

Thank you xxx

Replies

• Options

Yes, no problem. Ducky gives the best explanation of what it is and how it works, in her reply to my initial questions about it. Apparently it's something along the lines of: as you get older, levels of follicle stimulating hormone rise, since more is needed to release fewer lower quality eggs. Lowest levels of FSH are at about CD3. So if you POAS to test on CD3 and still have raised levels of FSH, you are more likely to have fewer/poorer eggs and therefore have declining fertility. I got mine from the webshop SME Fertility. Very cheap, and you get 2 tests so if one is positive (bad news) you can retest a week later.

• Options

thanks for that.

I might invest although I'm slightly worried lol

• Options

I just found your original thread - sorry, should have looked a bit harder as it was only on page 2!!!!  For some reason I thought it was part of another thread.

• Options

I was very worried, I'm 39, ttc for the first time, and still don't have a clue if we have a chance. However, at least this test rules out one of the many many causes of problems conceiving. I think OH wants to get tested but won't actually say so! If he asked, I'd get him a test but I will let him broach that subject!