Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Christmas BFN :-(

Well I've been just lurking on here for a while as I'm trying to not focus on ttc as much (never works!) but this morning I'm 13dpo and planning to go out tonight so I thought I'd do a test and it's a BFN. We're about to start month 15 ttc and a BFP at Christmas would have been so lovely. How are you guys feeling about christmas? I think it's gonna be tough but least I can drink now ha ha! It's so good to see people getting there BFPs on here - really gives me hope and big congratulations to you! 

Replies

• Oh Evo I'm sorry. TTC really sucks, even more so after the first year. Have you thought about seeing doctor for basic tests? Sometimes it is nice to know that someone else is worrying about it too, like a burden shared. Obviously seeking help is a very personal decision but it could give you a new focus in the New Year - it is also by no means fast so you wouldn't be whisked up into a whirlwind of treatment straightaway.

Fingers crossed 2014 is the year for you x

• Thanks Ducky, we've had our basic tests and my bloods are fine and had an ultrasound and tubes etc are ok (have an ovarian cyst but shouldn't interfere with ttc) H has had his sperm done and slightly low but otherwise ok. Going back to docs in new year and been trying acupuncture. It's just so hard to be patient for this long tho! x

• Oh gosh the waiting is the worst. Stretches your patience to the limit and is so frustrating sometimes you just want to scream!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed you don't need to go back to the docs, but if you do, they take you seriously and agree to help x

• Hey Evo - just to say hi and sorry to hear about your BFN

Did I see on another thread you are using the CBFM?  How long have you been using it?  

x

• Hi CeeJay, I've been using it for 4 months now, I seem to ovulate early one month (bout day 12) and later the next month (about day 18) so it's useful for us to have. Defo going back to the docs in new year to see what we can do next. My mum had clomid to have me and my bro ( way back in the early 80s!) so I wonder if my infertility might be hereditary - who knows! Have you used cbfm?

x

• Hey evo - yes I did.  Tried without and didn't have any luck but my CBFM worked so was very lucky.

No harm going back to doctors to check things out.  The ladies are here are extremely heplful and supportive so here is a very good place to be

x