Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Does anyone know you are TTC?

If I had my way no one would know, but because of the mc, everyone knows. It’s so very awkward when my poor nan asks me every time I speak to her am I pregnant yet. 

So, have you told anyone?

Replies

• Options

Yes. My parents and my sister know.

As do H's parents. They all know we will be having IVF. None of them know when. Which is a good compromise.

• Options

I did try and keep it a secret, but i cant lie convincingly or seem to hide anything, so my closest friends and family know only...

• Options

Similar to you OB, those who know about my MMC at least suspect we are, not that they mention it really. So my mum, hs parents, and our siblings plus a few friends. Too many considering it's such a personal thing imo!

• Options

No one knows - friends/family know we want kids but not that we're trying *now*. Sometimes I do wish I could confide in one of my closest friends but it feels too personal at the moment IYKWIM?

• Options

I've an internet friend who is also trying and we talk about how each of us are getting on (or not getting on) and my husband told one of his friends but I don't think they chat about it. Both sets of our parents know we are trying but that things aren't going to plan because I was sick of the 'are you not pregnant yet?' questions but they don't know any more details beyond that and neither of us have talked to our parents about TTC'ing since we first mentioned it.

• Options

All of you, our mums and my best friend xx

• Options

Nope, no-one.

• Options

As others said yes but only because of my mc otherwise they wouldn't. I prefer to keep these things to myself.

• Options

Only one of my closest friends.

I think a lot of people would be surprised to know we're trying, as neither of us have ever really openly discussed wanting children (apart from with each other of course)

• Options

Only cause of my mc - some of who have had to be told to leave us be as we are having a hard time and they keep pestering us!

• Options

Nope just my very best mate

• Options

Well, my step mother in law told me that her daughter is trying.  On that basis, because she knows, half of Wales knows I'm trying! Other than that, a few close friends, my Mum and some friends who I snapped at last week "we're trying FFS" after being asked yet again when we were going to have a baby.

• Options

Suppose that's the only good thing about the mc Bungle - my mum isn't on at me all the time about grandchildren lol

• Options

My mum knows & a few friends who are in similar positions (or were all bar one are now pregnant or have given birth) but other than that no one else knows. I try not to talk about it and when people ask just say things like 'one day we hope to' etc. oh, and my brothers probably guessed, because one brother, literally from our wedding day onwards, has asked when I'm going to 'make him an uncle'. Until after a year of his stupid comments, he then asked during a whole family gathering. So I later told him to shut up not too politely & my other brother overheard. He tactfully hasn't mentioned it though.

• Options

We haven't told anyone specifically, we are dismissive when people ask (actually only really the inlaws ask!) and I didn't want to tell friends as it just gets awkward if nothing happens! I think one of H's friends saw our pregnacare vits on the side one day and another friend knows I'm off the pill as we seem to talk contracepion/ periods a lot.

H would tell everyone if he could and doesn't seem to 'get' that it could take a while and I don't really want other people discussing our sex life but said if he did need to talk to someone in confidence it would be fine with me. If my Mum wasn't going through so much at the mo I may have confided in her if things take longer than anticipated but will see how we get on

• Options

Not really.

FILs know we will be trying but not when - similar with mine. Mum is probably expecting the minutest detail from day 1 but she's not going to get it - we've agreed that unless there's a problem we won't even tell parents until we've had the 12 week scan. My Mum will be such a nightmare I want to go as long as I can without her knowing!

My bestie thinks we will be trying as soon as we are married which is what we'd originally agreed. She doesn't know we've since decided to start trying before the wedding.

• Options

My mum knows, that's about it.

• Options

Just one friend really as she had issues TTC so I didn't think it would harm to have someone to confide in. Turns out I wish I hadn't as she ended up falling pregnant first try (she had PCOS so had to wait ages to ovulate with medication) and now she seems to think it should happen for everyone like that. She doesn't understand at all really which I thought she would. It's really making things awkward and putting a strain on our relationship which I never thought would happen.

A couple of other friends know we are trying but haven't mentioned it since which I'm grateful for. I don't want in laws knowing as they are the only people who keep asking when we're going to give them grandchildren which annoys the hell out of me!

• Options

My best friend & my parents IRL.

• Options

More people than I would like now because of the mc. It's just added pressure we don't need but I guess stops the never ending comments of "it will be you next" x