Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Geeks Annonymous

Anyone who knows me from WP will know this already but OMG I have problems.... I'm a spreadsheet addict!!!!

I'm currently designing myself a new baby planning spreadsheet to cope with all budgeting needs and also my very own personalised due date calculator based on my cycle......... not even ttc yet for crying out loud!!

Lock me up and throw away the key Laugh

But before you do, how is your due date calculated? Would it be CD1 + 40 weeks? (also is CD1 day 1 of period?)

Replies

• Laugh Ah I've missed you Nuts Smile

CD1 is the first proper day of your period (not spotting). CD1 becomes day 1 of your pregnancy if you conceive that month.

Now give me that key!

• Don't get caught up in temping then! Fertility friend gives you an awesome line graph, I just love a graph, will really miss it when I hopefully, fingers crossed, touchwood fall pregnant!

• Spreadsheet sounds awesome :)!

I woke up this morning and automatically did my temp haha! Even plotted it on my FF lol

• Haha! Love it. I'm a sucker for a budgeting spreadsheet! What have you got on yours?

Echo everyone else regarding CD1, its also worth noting that if your AF arrives at say 6pm you should only count CD1 from the next day.

AF needs to arrive before 2pm roughly to make that day CD1.

Hope that makes sense.

• Nerd!!  But yes, CD1 is the date that matters..  FF automatically does a lot of those prediction like things, you might consider downloading it and plotting things.. Though it would only really make sense once you come off the pill, as you won't be having natural cycles yet, but it will probably be a good thing to do when you do come off the pill.

• Honky
    I just love a graph, will really miss it when I hopefully, fingers crossed, touchwood fall pregnant!
    Yeah but then you can make a new graph of how your bump grows during pregnancy, or babies growth once they are born etc.

There is always a possibility!

• Embarrassed

My spreadsheet allows for adjustment in cycle lengths once I come off the pill (love a good formula!)

I've downloaded a couple of apps too but there really is nothing quite the same as a good old fashioned spreadsheet!! And wispa you can't talk, I saw your wedding spreadsheet remember!!

Is there a good list somewhere of things that you need to buy while pregnant/preparing for baby so I can add them to my budget bit?

• Crikey I came in here thinking we'd get some Firefly chat on the go. Nope.

LOL

• TT, if it were possible to have Mal be the father of my future babies, I'd be all for it (though I thinkAnt might object... And also, he's a fictional character *sigh*)

• I LOVE spreadsheets!!!!  That is all.

• Choc Apple

I LOVE spreadsheets!!!!  That is all.

We can be friends!!
  • I'm reading this wishing I'd thought of designing a spreadsheet - I usually do for everything else!

• wispa

TT, if it were possible to have Mal be the father of my future babies, I'd be all for it (though I thinkAnt might object... And also, he's a fictional character *sigh*)

I'd take Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle too. Mmm.

• Choc Apple

I LOVE spreadsheets!!!!  That is all.

Me too! My job involves using spreadsheets a lot and H is always surprised that I don't get sick of them, instead i have loads set up for personal things too
  • I haven't done a baby one and don't think I will tbh but you should have seen my wedding one lol

• Choc Apple - Same! When I'm actually successful with TTC I'll probably do one - a what I need to buy, money required, etc.

• Nutella you are so organised!

We did have a great wedding one, probably won't do a baby one until we hopefully get our bfp.

• spikeygoodness

wispa

TT, if it were possible to have Mal be the father of my future babies, I'd be all for it (though I thinkAnt might object... And also, he's a fictional character *sigh*)

I'd take Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle too. Mmm.

I'd take Nathan Fillion as anyone to be honest. Ooft. My H knows this. I thought he was fabulous as Dogberry in Much Ado. I'd even do Captain Hammer. 

Cos the hammer is his penis Laugh