Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi Everyone *nervously waves*

Hi everyone

thought I'd finally post and introduce myself on here as been lurking for a while. ive been with my husband for over 10 years and we've been married since last August. I'm 27 and he's 29 and are ready to start a family. I've been on the pill since I was 15 with no break whatsoever and plan on finishing my last pack which means from early Dec we will be TTC.

I'm very excited but also very nervous, mainly because of money and the fact after 10 years of being just me and my husband there will be another person around! I guess that's normal though?

Just wondered if anyone else has any advice after coming off the pill for such a long time? Also when should I start taking folic acid? Now whilst Imstill on the pill or as soon as I finish my last pack?

Hopefully will post more soon once we are officially TTC

Thanks xx

Replies

• Hi there! Welcome to Mumdrum TTC :)

There is daily TTC threads where you can chat with other ladies also trying to conceive. They are good place to start but some of the lingo can get confusing so don't hesitate to ask if you are not sure. I would say start taking folic acid as soon as you can as it's good to get into the habit early but as long as you are taking it when you start thats all that really matters as it's most important in early pregnancy.

Hope to see you here more often and good luck for December when things really get going properly :)

• Thanks purple star :)

• Welcome to md!

I would agree with ps, start taking it ASAP. The advice is 3 months before ttc if possible, but if you start now I'm sure it'd be fine.

I hope your ttc journey is a nice short one.

• I hope so too imp, worried though as I've been on the pill for so long but we will see!

• It seems to vary so much from person to person how long it takes to come out of your system.

My first bfp took 4 months so I think it probably took 3 months for my cycles to settle down. Sadly you aren't going to know until you try!

• Hi and welcome Wave

I agree with the others on the Folic acid, start taking it ASAP. As for the pill, everyone is different, I know it's frustrating but only time will tell.

Wishing you a speedy journey!

• Hi again - I replied to your post on the BT board, didn't realise this one was here too or I would have posted here.

• Thank you all!

• Hiya! Hope you're not here for too long iyswim.

• Haha thanks raincloud ;)

Feels more real now I've posted on here