Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How do you remember to take your Folic Acid?

After being a bit of a rebel and stopping taking my Folic acid, I really need to start taking it again!

I also have to start daily aspirin and metformin too. How do you remember to take yours?

Replies

• I leave mine at the side of the kettle and take it first thing in the morning. Could you do that? You could always put then in a different pot if you don't want other people to know what it is?

• Mine is my my eye mask and ear plugs by my bed so i always see it when i get them x

• Not a very technical answer from me - I just do.

I took the Pill for 16 years and its just ingrained in me now that I have to take a pill every day. I still have a panic every now and again when i remember I haven't taken my BC pill that particular day lol

• You've just reminded me to take mine! I take inhalers every single day so you think I'd be able to remember to do this too. But no. Apparently not.

• Truthfully? I don’t. I keep buying pots of the stuff but I very rarely actually take it. Naughty OB.

• Naughty OB!

I currently have it on my bedside table, but clearly I keep forgetting about it. I think I'll try the kitchen. Failing that I'm going to get one of those pill sorters with each day of the week and put all my tablets for each day inside.

• Ha OB, I'm the same. I always buy a pot of folic acid whenever I buy a HPT. I don't know why. I have A LOT of folic acid lying around the place!

• I've got them by the cereal so take one when I have breakfast. Just have to remember to hide them when people come round.

Might have to steal Imp's idea though, never even thought of that

• I put mine next to my toothbrush in the cabinet so I wouldn't forget.

• I ALWAYS forget. Unless theyre out on the table. I want to bring them to work and put them on my desk in a different pot - perhaps vit c pot. In fact, I may do this tonight!

• I put them on the bedside table and take them before bed. I also take citalopram and was on the pill for years so I'm used to it by now!

• i also take metformin each morning, so when i get to my desk i eat my breakfast and take my pills, this plan falls down at weekends and i struggle to remember eithr

• I found it easy as had been on the pill for years so just took that instead.  They were always on my bedside table.  When ttc #2 it wasn't so easy as with a small person about I couldn't just leave pills lying around so second time around I didn't remember every day.  I never found somewhere safe from #1, visible enough to remember but where other people wouldn't see them if they came round!!

• I take mine at the same time that I used to take the pill, so just before bed. Quite easy really

• I'm totally paranoid about taking it so I just remember!  I get all panicky if for some reason I forget and it's always one of the first things I write on my packing list if I have to go away!

• I'm terrible at remembering but I leave mine on my bedside table so I will see them and it will remind me to take them! I went through a stage of not taking them for a while but when I was given clomid my doctor said I must take it regularly from now on.

• I used to forget and now I just don't bother. But, I was religious about taking my contraceptive pill, and I used to keep those by my hairbrush so I saw them every day. Maybe, as others have suggested keep them by the kettle or your toothbrush - somewhere you go to every morning as part of your routine.

• I'm like Gillsy - just take it every morning like I used to take my pill. I too panic sometimes that I haven't taken my BC, even though I deliberately haven't for 6months!

• I keep mine on the bedside table, and take it last thing at night when I take a fresh glass of water to bed. It's not infallible though, afraid I sometimes forget still!

• Last time I used to keep mine next to my toothbrush so I'd remember in the morning but this time I actually read the packaging which said to take it with a meal so I have it next to my daughters' vitamin drops so I have it with breakfast. Just have to remember to hide it if we have visitors (which reminds me that I forgot to take 1 this morning as I finished 1 square of them yesterday)