Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Opk realisation :(

Just been staring at my FF chart and realised I've now been peeing on opks for 31 days straight. Its utterly ridiculous to think some of you have had two periods in that time! No wonder I'm so fed up with it all. No opks for me next cycle as they are driving me mental! 

Replies

• I'm on CD26 and still haven't OV'd apparently, I'm fed up and will be buying CBD tests off Ebay for next cycle, they worked well with TTC #1. It really sucks, hoping your cycles start behaving soon.

• Hey moomoo, I'm up to cd46 with no ovulation :( throughly fed up now!

• Oh that really sucks. I have 60+ day cycles, have you just been using the cheapy OPK's?

• At least the OPKs will help you to pinpoint OV when it does finally happen...it would be awful to miss it x

• Yeah been using Internet cheapies but temping too so I know that nothing has genuinely happened yet. This is my first cycle of opks but third cycle of temping.

• OPKs are annoying me too. Used them last cycle & didn't get diddly squat. Thankfully I was temping so knew I had ovd.

Thought I was using them at the wrong time so have just done one at work which, given other signs, ought to show a positive but it didn't. This was after sitting and waiting for 2 people who came in to use the loo to leave (nobody ever uses the one on the ground floor!) then listening so someone brushing their teeth & gargling mouthwash while I was waiting for my 10 minutes to pass. Will go back to doing them at home!

I didn't want to get CBDs but might have to.

Have you spoken to your GP about it? They might be receptive because you've been charting.

• I saw my GP at start of year but wasn't temping then. She said I had to come back at the end of September if I wasn't pregnant by then for blood tests and a sperm test for my husband.

• Just want to send you a massive hug PS.

You know i totally sympathise with you with the long cycles. Not much i can say that will make you feel better as i know how crappy it is. I hope that you dont get  to september, but if you do i really hope that they have some answers for you xxx

• I really sympathise with you girls that have long cycles, I have to point out though it ain't much fun when you have more regular cycles either and still no pregnancy, there's more chance if regular but no less heartbreaking when you get AF or a negative.

I feel for each and everyone ttc'ing for a lot of us it's a long road and sometimes very lonely too xx

• I wasn't trying to compete or trying to say it was any easier for those with regular cycles. I just meant that personally I'm finding it especially hard realizing that I'm still waiting for once chance when others have had two goes. I didn't mean to cause any offence or upset, I was just venting my frustration!

• I totally feel the same PS.

I do understand that people with regular cycles feel the heartbreak just like people with longer cycles do, as anybody who gets AF after trying for something they want so badly feels totally pants about it. Its stupidly hard no matter what situation you are in.

But coming from somebody who has has only had 6 cycles since having my MC almost a year ago to date, life just seems so unfair that we don't get the same chance as everybody else. How you are feeling is totally normal and you are not the only one lovely x

Sending big hugs to everybody x

• I'm sorry too, just been a particularly bad day for me PS, gawd I should stay away from forums when I'm a grumpy old cow!

It's bloody hard and it's great to know we can come here and do some hand holding and offer the old shoulder as and when :)

Sorry it's hit you like this and wish things would improve for you :) xx