Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ovulation help please

Hi everyone! 

This is is my second cycle on letrozole and I've only ovulated once before during my first cycle, so I have no real comparison for how I'm feeling, I'm really confused at the moment and wondered if anyone could offer any words of wisdom. 

On CD16 I got a positive OPK (exactly the same as last cycle and I then ovulated on CD18), my temperature rose this morning so I thought this would suggest I probably did O yesterday on CD18. However, I woke up this morning  on CD19 feeling really nauseous and have horrendous AF type cramps and back pain, which have stayed throughout the day. I actually think I feel nauseous cos of the pain, it's Worse than any period pain I've experienced before. 

Could this be ovulation symptoms? In which case, would it be possible to O three days after a positive OPK and after temp shift? 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Replies

• You would normally ovulate some time within the next 48 hours after a positive OPK so you're only just over that. I sometimes get a dodgy tummy around the same time abd have just put it down to extra blood flow to that area around ovulation time. Could it also be you've picked up a tummy bug that happens to coincide with ovulation?

Whatever it is, hope you feel better soon xx

PS can't help with the temps as I've never done them

• Thanks very much KK! I really have no idea what it was! It felt like the worst period pain I've ever experienced, ended up fast asleep really early. I'm feeling much better today thank goodness. Still got a bit of cramping but nothing compared to yesterday!

It really didn't feel like a stomach bug but I have no clue! I was even more confused this morning when FF gave me crosshairs- it thinks I O'd on CD16! I don't think it's right! We DTD last night anyway just in case. I guess it will just remain a mystery!

• Sorry I missed this first time around, How strange! I am glad you feel better now! It will be one of lifes mysteries lol