Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

There is hope

Hi ladies,

I am very VERY VERY happy to say that this morning, after 19 months, we finally got our BFP. I am over the moon and nervous as hell. H is so very very very very happy and has just gone to get us croissants. Calling the clinic in a couple of hours to arrange the scan. I cannot believe it, I even put half a bottle of red wine away last night thinking that AF would show! I can't believe it. My boob pain disappeared on 11DPO and I have been getting cramps up until today (too early this morning to say whether they've gone). It doesn't feel real, still feels like AF will show. I'm very nervous as it's so early but I'm going to talk to my bean (agghhhh, I have a bean!!!) to tell them to hang on in there.

I hope that this gives my fellow long term TTCers some hope. This was the month where our chances in IUI looked the absolute bleakest, with the lowest count H had produced and it being a day early. Followed by us getting absolutely p*ss drunk in London over a curry. 

Hope this is ok with it being a separate thread. Xxx

Replies

• The hugest of congratulations. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months x

• Oh my lovely, this is the best news ever! I'm so so so thrilled for you and your h, I had a bit of hope for you yesterday so I'm delighted to see this announcement. Wishing you a boring 8 months ahead. What's your due date? And yes, of course it's ok for your very own bfp thread, you've waited long enough xxxxxxx

• Enjayee that is amazing news! I'm so pleased for you!

• Thanks all :-) I also want to say a massive massive massive thank you to all of you for your support for the whole of these 19 months, I don't know what I would have done without my MD ladies, you have gotten me through some fairly dark moments! Of course I hope this goes the full way but if it doesn't I know that it can happen. Trying not to think about it really but I can't help it! I genuinely hope you will all be joining me on the other side very very soon, I'm actually a little sad not to be part of the gang anymore!

• Oh this has completely made me day! What a lovely amazing thing to read on a morning. Enjayee lovely, I'm so happy for you - congratulations! Here's to a happy healthy pregnancy. xxxxxxxx

• Congratulations Enjayee, I know for me you will always be part of the gang. I know I am not a regular or long termer but you have helped me get through dark places too so would love to see your progress. The first thing I did this morning was come check and it made my day a whole lot better. But stop with the negativity, it will be fine and you will be flashing a baby in 9mths time.

• Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjayee I am so,so very happy for you, you finally have your bean :-) Here's to a healthy happy pregnancy lovely you really do deserve it x
  • Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!! Enjayee I'm so, so very happy for you, you finally have your bean :-) Here's to a healthy happy pregnancy lovely you really do deserve it x
  • Huge congratulations Enjayee. Fingers crossed for you xx

• I am over the bl00dy moon for you ! xxxx

• Thank you so much. Sticky vibes would be very appreciated! I have my early scan on 27th April and will be four weeks by then. In the meantime, lots of healthy living and lots of meditative yoga!

• Huge congratulations Enjayee, I really hoped we'd be seeing a BFP from you this time!

(As an aside, aren't you already 4 weeks? At ovulation you're dated as 2 weeks pg even though you're obviously not pg by then - and the early scan will be looking for a heartbeat which they can't see until 6 or 7 weeks)

• I have no idea! I just went on a due date calculator I found online, plonked in my suspected conception date and that's what it came back with! Will try with a few others. But that was my first thought - I think I have to ask the nurse for her to confirm!

• Huge congratulations and tons of sticky vibes. Hope you have an uneventful 8 more months x

• So so happy to hear your news Enjayee

Sending many sticky vibes. Good luck with your pregnancy

• Omg Enjayee!!!!! I just popped on here to check in on you all and am over the moon to see this news!! I am so so happy for you, I hope the scan goes well and can't wait to see your update!! Lots of love and very very sticky vibes being sent to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Thanks all <3

And a special mention to Dolly!!! Thank you my love! I was thinking about you this morning and hoping you would pop onto BT, I've really been wanting to tell you - so happy you logged on, yay! :D

• LOVE your ticker!!!! xxx

• Amazing news so happy for you Enjayee! xxx

• So so happy for you and sending lots of sticky vibes your way!