Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Which TTC books have you read?

I am currently reading "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant". It's funny and has had me laughing out loud in places. It's like chatting to a girlfirend. No real new information, but it is helping me to relax a little bit and laugh at some of my manic stages in the past.

I also have "Pregnancy and Childbirth Secrets For Impatient Couples Trying To Conceive" on my ipad, but haven't done much more than flick through that one. It's more like a text book and to be honest I only bought it because it was pennies on Amazon. Not a good sign in hindsight!

Are you currently reading any TTC books or have you read any in the past?

Replies

• None. I keep trying to convince myself I'm not letting this all take over, hence no books. But I do read up on the web a lot, so I'm not sure who I'm trying to kid!

• None for me as we'll although I like the sound of that first one Figaro. Did you download it or buy it???  I've got a kindle so might go and check amazon

• I bought it from Amazon for my Kindle app. It was about £6.50 I think. I really like the style of it.

• I've read Fertility & Infertility from The Dummies range of books - I've only read the fertility bit at the moment but it's been helpful to help blow the dust off the old, vague A level Biology memories.

Also got 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' that I've been dipping in and out of

• I've also dipped in and out of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It is like a fertility bible/textbook which is great for reference, but not exactly something your read cover to cover.

I have recently read The Complete Guide to IVF by Kate Brian which was useful but not quite sciencey enough for my sciencey brain.

• I've read a good bit of taking charge of your fertility, really just to learn more about temping and cm, not had time to put into practice yet but we shall see how it goes!

• Iv read zita west guide to getting pregnant with PCOS!

I'm not up duffed so I don't think it worked haha!

• I read TCOYF when i decided to start TTC previously. It's not really something to read cover to cover as it's like a huge textbook but it's got brilliant sections and is really informative.

• I keep hearing good things about TCOYF so I might just invest in that one now!