Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Who takes Pregnacare Conception? (or similar?)

When we first started TTC I threw myself into everything very enthusiastically and took Pregnacare Conception for a few months, and then moved across to Seven Seas Trying for a Baby (cheaper), then stopped all together as I forgot/became less enchanted with the whole TTC thing. I do still take folic acid when I remember.

Does anyone take any vitamins/nutrients for TTC? 

Replies

• I sometimes take the Boots own conception support. I WILL take either that or Folic acid daily from now on though as it is important to have some in your system before you fall pregnant, and we will be starting IVF in August time.

• I was just taking folic acid and moved onto the pregnancy vitamins once pregnant. It's a ball ache trying to remember to take the vitamins x

• I have the boots conception ones as well as bog standard folic acid. I too ALWAYS forget and havent been taking any for a couple of months. I still have 3 boxes of pregnacare tabs in the cupboard, hoping to be able to take them again soon x

• I've taken Pregnacare Conception since the mmc with the hope that it won't happen again.

• Oh and separate Folic acid of course

• Doesn't that mean you're doubling up on folic acid though G? x

• I take Seven Seas. Used to take Pregnacare but the pills are so bloody massive I was there for 5 minutes every night trying to swallow them!

• Don't mean to butt in ladies and tell me to sling my hook if you want but G that does mean your taking two lots as you'll have the correct amount of folic acid in the multivitamin lovey and it tells you on them not to exceed the daily dose. I hope your all ok and glad to see that everyone is posting on the TTC board xx

• Thanx MissDD. I'd never tell you to sling your hook lol   Hope you're doing ok lovely??

I take a prescribed high dose of Folic acid due to family history. The amount in the pregnacare is minimal amount extra compared with what I already take.  Figure a little extra wont hurt.

• I'm just taking the boots pre conception equivalent, cheaper and smaller than pregncare tabs!

• I've just looked back through my fertility calendar app on my phone and realised that I was getting an extra 4/5 days per cycle when I was taking pregnacare/seven seas. I have quite short cycles (24/25 days normally) and seem to ovulate quite late. Looking properly at my calendar last month I think I only had 9 days between OV and AF, which doesn't seem long enough for any fertilised egg to travel down my tubes and get comfy in my lining. Just ordered a new batch of pregnacare conception. What with the sperm friendly lube I ordered earlier I'm fast becoming Amazon's favourite customer today!

• I started off by taking pregnacare, but it got too expensive so I switched to Tesco own brand and also top up with just plain folic acid.  I know this is doubling up on the folic acid, but I'm absolutely terrified of the consequences if I don't...I have family history too Gillsy but I haven't been prescribed a higher dose because my doctor doesn't seem to think that it's important :(

• GOM - I went to my doctors and they prescribed me FA?  Might depend who you see?

• I'm ok thanks G, that makes sense with the folic acid. Hope your all doing well xx

• I never took any of the pregnancy tablets. I started taking some of the folic acid but I was rubbish at remembering, and soon I got fed up of it. I don't bother now.

• I took whatever was on offer / cheapest in the supermarket at the time, usually the supermarket own brand, which had the FA in it as well. I'm afraid I was too tight for pregnacare until we knew I was pregnant! I did also take a combined vit C and zinc (immune support, as I seemed to be permanently ill for 2 months) and figured the extra zinc wouldn't hurt (it's meant to help fertility). I also took an extra B6 tablet because I have a short cycle and short luteal phase, and my research had led me to think it might help.

• I'm kicking myself into gear to start again. I've been reading up on some research done my my new consultant. It certainly looks to increase chances:

www.telegraph.co.uk/.../Women-trying-to-conceive-should-take-vitamins-researchers.html

I'm hoping she's a credible source!

• I've been taking the Pregnacare for just over a year.

• I started taking pregnacare for about a month now (most days), I tend to have a tablet with breakfast when I give my daughter her vitamin drops. It's currently 3 for 2 at Tescos which is what prompted me to buy it. I hope to start TTC in August so hope to have 3 months worth of FA by that stage.

• When I first started ttc'ing I just took folic acid. Before I started my IVF I was on folic acid, omega 3 fish oils as its supposed to be good for egg quality. Once I started the IVF I started taking pregnecare conception. My H took took the wellman conception for 6 weeks which when we got his SA back had improved his count by 20%