Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC & fertility (rant)

Hello 

My partner & I have been ttc for a while now. I recently had a blood test on day 21/22 which I was told was fine by the receptionist. He has had a sperm analysis which again we were told was "ok" but the normal form was 1% when it should be 4% or more all of this info was again relayed by a receptionist. We are going to an appointment soon as we are both unsure of what this actually means.  

I think I'm starting to over think it all and am becoming a little obsessed with it all, so that clearly isn't going to help. Yesterday I had a really weird period/bruised/heavy feeling on my left side. I have it a little today too. I've never experienced this before so it got me thinking could it be something! I'm due on in a week  so it could be the build up to that (hoping not) but like I said I never really experience any sort pain apart from tender boobs.

Just to add to all my crazy thinking my best friend who isn't trying and is on the pill has just told me she's pregnant. I'm so excited but at the same time a little bummed.   

thanks for reading my rant. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Replies

• hi there!

Regarding your tests, I would recommend you ask for a printout of the results. We've just gone through our fertility tests and we asked for printouts after everything. It's especially helpful for the SA results as he may need a repeat one and it's good to be able to note if any changes he's made have made an impact.

How long have you been trying for? Have you had an ultrasound/HyCoSy or other blood tests yet? The results of the progesterone (CD21) are useless without all the others. 

Do you temp or track ovulation at all? If you are due in a week, it could be implantation - it's difficult to know without having charts to backup when ovulation actually occurred.

It's ok to feel bummed when others announce their pregnancies - especially when they weren't trying. I always feel bad for being upset but it's normal, I promise. I just try not to let it show and be happy for them.

• Hiya

thanks for the reply! we will defiantly ask for print outs! He has to repeat the SA in 3 month! 

I have been off all contraception for 14 months now. I have been tracking ovulation since January of this year as nothing had been happening! 

I am currently waiting for a referral to come through from the fertility clinic at a local hospital! 

Im over the moon for my friend. Just Wish it was me! I'm trying really hard not to let ttc take over, but it's so difficult. 

• Ok, well, best of luck with the appointment for fertility - hope they will be able to help you.

I think we've all been there re no letting ttc take over - it's not fair that we were taught we would get pregnant at the drop of a hat in our younger days when the reality can be so very different.