Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Coming off the pill and AF

Replies

• Options

Well it's all a bit confusing, I finished my pack and had the withdrawal bleed then seemed to have a normal bleed just over a week later which I assumed was my regular AF, so I based that on how to time my ovulation which would of started today? It's all so confusing! I've been on the pill 7 years so I have no idea if I'm having a normal cycle or not. All I know is  I feel crap haha

• Options

Hi K, 

Its a shame Dr's don't mention withdrawal when they happily prescribe it to you! Your symptoms sound like mine were post pill, i definitely got stomach cramps some like a dull ache others a full on pain and the bloating was unreal my clothes got so tight I felt I looked heavily pregnant, thankfully that eased!! I remember being so tired I felt like I needed to nap after work! Hope this helps!! 

Natalie xx 

• Options

Thanks Natalie! I can handle the boobs and back pain but the bloating is horrible, can you remember how long it took for the symptoms to ease off? I'm going away in a few weeks I don't want to have to resort to my "fat jeans" for the whole trip image 

I definitely would of waited another month if I'd of known previously I'd have all these problems! 

• Options

Hey, it eased off around 5-6 weeks after stopping the pill I believe, so hopefully you still have time! Xx

• Options

Fingers crossed! If not I'll just eat my way through it, that always makes me feel better and I don't think it's gonna make my waistline feel much worse than it already does image thanks my lovely xx

• Options

Haha i had similar views!! Xx

• Options

Hi ladies..

i had my first real AF on day 35 after stopping pill it only lasted 3 days and was very light I didn't have any symptoms like I did with my AF on pill.. I am really nervous about how long it can take to get back to normal cycle. I jus hope I am lucky and fall quickly!

xxx

• Options

Hi Annie,

When pill were you on? 

I am worried about time also but trying not to stress as feel that will then make AF late lol. Are you trying for your first baby? Hope you get a bfp soon! Xx

• Options

Come to think of it,  I did have to buy fat jeans just after Christmas (stopped pill December 15th) and they are baggy now! I just thought it was me eating! 

I think im just going to wait until September to see what the doctor had to offer, she got me into this mess she can get me out of it! image 

• Options

Which *

• Options

I most defo enjoyed wearing leggings to allow for bloat lol. Hopefully things will rectify themselves before then! Keep us updated and of course we are here in the mean time to rant at etc! Xx

• Options

Hi nalc12

i was on cilest have been on birth control for years also had a implant before pI'll.. This is my first time trying I am very excited xx 

• Options

Also got diagnosed with pcos last year which doesn't help but I suppose having my first real AF must mean I'm ovulating right? I hope so ????xx

• Options

Hi Annie, 

Im trying for baby #1 too, it is very exciting!!xx 

• Options

Aww well we will get there eventually I suppose this is all part of the waiting game! Xx

• Options

I believe you can have a period without ovulating, I've ordered opks online to monitor ovulation. I do think if you have a period but don't ovulate i think it isn't a normal flow i.e more brown and light? That's what i read somewhere but may not be correct. I think it's a good sign personally! Xx

• Options

Yeah I read that too .. It's all so confusing .. I wanted to buy ovulation tests are the easy to use and accurate and do u you use them everyday or jus around the time you suspect to ovulate xx

• Options

This will be my first month using them so I will be using a bit of trial and error. Im using an app to log AF that gives me a rough idea of when it reckons I ovulate but I think initially until hopefully I see patterns I will keep testing more frequently xx

• Options

Hi ladies, 

hope you're all doing well with the wapitting game. blue hawaii, I've also heard good things about Agnus Castus. Got myself some of the tincture last week. I'm going to wait until I've had some tests first before I take it. 

Natalie, how are you getting on with the opks? 

Sending baby dust to you all ladies xx

• Options

Hi Millie 

I've not yet started with the opks AF came yest Cd36 so will be getting on with the opks asap. 

How are you getting on? Xx