Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 3

Replies

• That's great that your midwife / docs have agreed to see you so often for checks & scans!. I brought a doppler to use at home which helped me hugely with the anxiety earlier on. I started being able to hear his heartbeat at 9+3 & would pop it on every couple of days (or whenever i was worried) just for a few seconds to hear his heartbeat. 

• I'm very excited for you missmyangels!  That is a nice strong line you have there!  I can completely relate to your fears...I'm going through the same thing at the moment and wondering about the symptoms I have and lack of symptoms too.   I did ask my nurse about it and she said it's completely normal.  We just have to be positive and take it day by day.  

SW2 your words are always really helpful and comforting.  I totally get what you mean about feeling envious of others who have healthy pregnancy after healthy pregnancy (at least that I know of) and don't have the same strong fears of miscarriage.  My husband always reminds me that I don't know that for sure and that most people will never know about our mc with our first baby.  I'm trying to focus on each step as you suggested - next step is my first prenatal appt and 2nd scan in 2 weeks.  I also wanted to add that I am a "knicker checker" too lol.  Glad it's not just me! image 

• Just wanted to vent my anxieties.  On Saturday I woke up with a little nausea and mild headache that turned into a stronger headache which triggered me to vomit (tmi) pretty much all afternoon and evening.  Granted we were out for the day and I had no comfort and the humidity was badddd which didn't help. I ended up using a garbage can in a car dealer waiting room until we could go home.  I've had mild nausea since then but no vomiting.  The reason that I'm nervous is bc I had a similar thing happen last pregnancy (only with less vomiting) one day which lined up with the day the baby stopped developing.  This has set off my anxieties again.  I still have nausea and fatigue but today my nipples don't hurt (only bb soreness ive had so far).  I'm just so paranoid and wish I could have some verification that everything is ok every morning.  All this could be completely normal right?  

• Thank you Cjk8 I'm trying to be excited too but I hate that deflated feeling if things go wrong so we are holding back! As you all say others are so happy ( or seem to be so early on) whereas I'll hold it all in,  and yes SW2 has a lovely way with wordsimage I'm only classed as 3 wks pg so I'm hoping symptoms will appear soon. I am tired and my abdomen aches in waves. What I really need are my boobs to hurt like hell and feel really sick then I'll be happy!! its nice to know you can be pg without symptoms,I guess I'm going by my last 3 pgs. I'm very rarely sick tbh it's normally boob aches and sore nipples and weeing a lot. Bring it on!!

glad we are all knicker checkers!!

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

• Sorry you're feeling so anxious tooimage How far along are you now? I think probably what you are experiencing is perfectly normal but we read into all the little niggles too much! If you're worried I would ask for an earlier check up.(I'm not sure where u live) I know where I am they tend to be very good as they know anxiety isn't good for our little bundles. We all need to stay positive and symptoms do come and go as with your boobs I'm sure. I will be exactly the same if one day it's their and gone the next. Stay positive but definitely ask for help when you need it.

( when I lost my little boy at 5 months the health visitors x3 actually weren't listening to me that my gut felt something wasn't right. Well they were wrong and I was right after 4 days of battling for a scan and he's heart had stopped. Make sure you are heard if you want to be seen and don't give in!! This time round I will not be told no!)

• I'm 6+3 today.  I had an early scan on Friday at 5+6 and everything was fine.  Baby was very small of course seeing as it was early but everything was normal, heartbeat and all.  I think I'm just paranoid as im terrified of ever experiencing that same heartache again.  I live in the US.  Depending on the dr, most seem to not need to see you until you're 8 weeks.  My regular ob/gyn did some early bloodwork and an ultrasound for my reassurance.  2 weeks seems ages to wait for my next appointment right now.  i don't think my anxieties will lessen until I can at least feel movement so I know baby is ok in there. 

• Once you feel it move that does help cjk8. 

• The nurse called back after talking to my dr.  She said that he said the headache/vomiting wasn't anything to do with my miscarriage in February and it's nothing to worry about.  So now to try and relax!  I ate a toasted cheese sandwich for lunch and I'm feeling a bit sick so that's a positive (yes, any and all symptoms gladly accepted)! 

• Sorry cjk8... I missed your earlier posts about being anxious about the headache... I can hopefully reassure you a little bit there too (as well as your nurse).... With this pregnancy i had a bad headache pretty much constantly for the first 10weeks or so... It SUCKS I know as there is very little we can take for it (& i didn't take even tylenol which docs say is ok as I was anxious not to put anything in my body unless I REALLY needed to).... So I just rode it out & eventually they eased off towards the end of the first trimester.... Hopefully yours don't last that long but from what I understand its actually not a bad sign at all... Its just our bodies way of handling the sudden change / rise in hormones... I read that this is caused by progesterone in particular... Which needs to be high in those early weeks until the placenta is set up well.

• Thank you SW2 image that is reassuring!  As always, I really appreciate your feedback and calming reassurance!  

• Thank you for your response and advice SW2. I really appreciate it. I do understand the fact I need to have my body heal. I've also seen women on here say they concieved right after a miscarriage and had a healthy pregnancy. I guess it depends on the person and how quick they heal? Also, the vitamin D tablets which the doctor gives to you at the early pregnancy stage helps with strengthening the uterus lining.. Do you think that could also make a difference? 

• thanks everyone... I'm so happy to be able to support all you guys.

tami... I've not heard specifically about vitamin D being helpful with uterine lining sorry... Not to say it isn't... I just don't know about that one. Obviously the pre-natal multivitamins & folic acid will help with healthy development in general. With this pregnancy I was prescribed progesterone which helps to build up the uterine lining, develop good blood flow to the lining & stop the uterus contracting in the early days. I'm not sure if your doc would prescribe it for you after 1 mc though as 1 is so common unfortunately & in most circumstances is no indication at all that you will go on to have another. 

• Thank you very much for your advice once again SW2. You have been very helpful. At this moment in time, I am eager to try again soon but if it does mean that I am likely to miscarry again then I'd rather wait. 

Thank you once again 

• Missmyangels!!! I'm so excited for you. SW2 said it all perfectly as usual. image it's hard not to Worry. MC robs us all of the excitemen.  Know that we are here. I only shared with you all when I first found out I was pregnant until I was in my 2nd trimester. I still stress at 24 weeks. My baby moves quite a bit, however there's still several times a day when I'm like, "hey wake up little one, mama needs reassurance."  

It's a tough road. I'm hoping this ltitle guy is getting nestled in there and that's the cramping feelings your getting. 

• Thanks  babydreamer image all good so far!! No spotting which is what I don't want to see! It is a tough road but talking on here helps. The aches are minimal like AF Is going to arrive(but hopefully not!) got a headache now and feel knackered as I'm running about after 3 kids on summer hols!! Hopefully good signs. Just need boobs to ache and that would be normal for me then. All I can do as you've all said one day at a time and see,  and keep everything crossed xxx

hope you are ok & bump x

• Cjk8, the headaches could actually be a good sign!! I had awful headaches until about 10-11 weeks. My doctor said it was due to the rapid hormone jumps. 
    Missmyangels, every pregnancy is a little different.image during my first pregnancy I had super sore boobs. I was crying when I put my bra on or when my hubby touched me (Srry tmi) at just 4 weeks. But with this pregnancy they have barely been sore. 
    Tami93, do what feels right to you Hun. There's no research supporting waiting. It helps with dating. I would definitely make sure you have a negative pregnancy test, so that in case there are old hormones they don't show up on a new test and get your hopes up. The other thing is don't beat yourself up if it doesn't happen. Your body will do what it's suppose to when it's ready. It might bring you peace of mind to wait to make sure you have a thicker lining. I haven't heard anything about vitamin D either, but if your doctor recommends it, give it a shot! Fingers crossed for you love. And we are here for you. 
  • Thank you for your advice Babydreamer. Im very thankful. I'm due for a scan this week to make sure everything has been passed. I will also take a test to make sure it's negative before I start trying again. This forum has really brought my hopes up. It has been a very difficult few days for me. So thank you ladies for your inspiring stories and lovely advice. 

• Omg congrats missmyangels image everything seems to be looking good atm, I didn't feel any pg symptoms so when I got my faint positive it was a shock too. Happy for you!

I also suffer headaches so badly they make me vomit the past twoweeks,mine are caused because of my pregnancy diabetes =/ my midwife is happy with my blood sugar levels,so means im eating the right things for my Bubba image

I'm 24 weeks and 3 days now, feel slight movements but not as many as I'd like to but got to hear heartbeat yesterday so I guess this is normal for my son image

I was sonervous,Thurs and Fri last week I had a breakdown and was the most stressed I ever felt,it was such a relief to hear that heartbeat,normally I can control emotions but my partner threatened to disown me and the baby and it got too much image

Sorry for venting ladies, just wondering what you do when really stressed? Don't want to damage my son with these panic attacks I get lately x

• Charrz... Wow thats a crappy thing for your partner to say!... He needs to be a bit more understanding!. Sorry to hear that you're feeling like this! 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

so far as pregnancy friendly tips for calming down / relaxing.... A nice cup of decaf tea & walking the dog are my go-to's.... That really helps me.

if you're getting anxious about not having felt bubs move for a while then have an ice cold sugary drink (oj or coke etc) then lie on your left hand side & you should start to feel movement fairly soon after. 

I did look into aromatherapy stuff for the headaches / relaxation but after researching I found that most essential oils are advised not to be used if you have a history of mc.... So ditched that idea.

keep us posted on how you're doing charrz... You know we're here for you x

• Congratulations to those with bfps and so sorry for anyone going through mc at present.

I have my scan today. My oh is convinced my positive tests are a new pregnancy but I'm not of the same opinion. I'd love it but tgat would be too easy. Left over tissue is my fear. X