Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 3

Replies

• Good luck AllyBally15 let us know how you get on x

thank you Charrz so far so good I'm forever in loo checking

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-surprised.gif

It's not having many symptoms that bother me but I see a lot of people haven't so I'm trying not to worry!! To be fair I do feel queasy at the thought of cereal my stomachs not 100% so that's good. My boobs don't hurt but I'm sure they feel fuller but u wonder if you imagine it!! Oh the joys!!

i don't have panic attacks Charrz but I have suffered with anxiety and went to my GP I get palpitations which leave me shaky and with a tight chest. Within a week of GP referral MIND contacted me and I'm having CBT therapy one to one for 30 mins a week. It's great to talk to someone and is the first step. It's not a cure but it's cognitive behavioural therapy which changes your thought patterns and how to deal with situations. Worth a try. I also chew sweets called Rescue Pastilles by Bachs Remedies and they help too. Completely safe to take whilst PG as its a flower remedyimage

i wish for you that your partner was a little more supportive as without my hubby by my side I would be far worse! 

Exercise releases happy hormones too which relieves anxiety so walking, swimming,gentle aerobics , yoga etc. I hope you feel better soon and if you go into a panic breathe from your stomach not your chest. Put hand on tummy and make sure long deep breaths. Hope this helps you and hope you feel better soonimage

• Ok ladies I have a question?!

Do I or don't I get my bloods done for HCG?

im away in 10 days and worried I wont enjoy my hols with the kids or possibility of mc as I'll be 51/2 wks.   Part of myself and hubby thinks what will happen will happen and let nature take its course BUT if all is going well would relax me! On the other hand if it's bad news I'll be depressed instead of having fun with my 3 kiddies

what do you think I just can't decide at the end of the day I can't change the outcome can I?

thanks xxx

• Hoping this is my rainbow baby!!!! AF is suppose to show up today but I have 2 really good positives and I'm trying to stay positive! So hard after losing 2. Prayers please! image going to the dr next week. 4 weeks today. 

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/128389.jpg

• Missmyangles I would have it checked. The reason being wondering is going to be on your mind for the entire trip. Knowing either way may allow you just enjoy your family. Good luck and baby dust!!! 

• That's a good strong line SallieO image I did clear blue digital this morning too!!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/128394.jpg

im not far behind you fingers crossed for our rainbow babiesimage

• What was the first day of your last AF SallieO? Mine was Wednesday 24th June, counting on calendar that's 4 wks today for me! X

• Well I've to go for a d and c on Friday. Gutted x

• Oh no I feel gutted for you too AllyBally15 I had that with my first mcimage At least you know for sure now and although it's an awful experience to go through we have to think of it as a fresh start afterwards. I gave my self 1 full cycle to heal as I believe it makes the uterine lining thinner and needs time to build up again. I really am sorry we are all here to help you through, hugs your way x

• Sending you hugs Charrz!  I'm sorry that your partner is not being supportive.  I have anxiety myself and I try to practice breathing techniques.  I sometimes find that I'm not taking full breaths and my chest/back can get tense.  Breathing deep helps with this. You could download some meditation mp3s online too to help you relax.  Yoga is also very relaxing.  

Allybally - I'm so sorry :/ I agree with what Missmyangels said about giving yourself a cycle to heal.  We are all here for you

• Congrats SallieO!  That is a lovely strong line! 

• Thanks guys. I'm.already googling. How long does it take for AF after d and c? My oh is in the states for a week. Also I'm scared the d and c will scar the uterus? I'm terrified xx

• So much gone on!

firstly to allybally.... Sorry to hear that it was not the news you had hoped for (a new pregnancy). I had a d & c with my second mc & if its any help I can reassure you that compared to the medication route that I did the 1st mc, the d & c was immensely less painful & much quicker recovery. Will be thinking of you on friday x

sallieo & missmyangels.... Great great news on those digi's!! 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

Missmyangels... I was in the same position last year with my second pregnancy. We had had a small bleed at 6 weeks but scan ahowed baby was ok. We were due to go on a 2 week road trip @ 8 weeks & i just knew that I would not be able to relax & enjoy the holiday if I didn't have some indication of how the pregnancy was going so i did the hcg tests which confirmed my hcg was still rising (& i had a scan the day we left just by chance as it was my initial ob apt). As you know i did end up miscarrying that one & it happened 2 days before the end of our trip but I don't feel angry or like I was 'duped' by the hcg tests as it gave me peace of mind for the trip & we had a fantastic once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget.... & i know that wouldn't have happened if I'd been worried about the pregnancy the whole time. My baby was doing good when I had the bloods done before our trip... Trouble with them is I suppose that it's a 'here & now' snapshot & cannot predict the longer term future..... but i'm glad I got them done (& would've been glad either way as knowing is better I feel). Hope that helps! X

• Allybally - your first AF should show between 4-6 afterwards.  Definitely ask your doctor though what their expectations are.  Do you have any family members or friends that can support you for your surgery?  

• Hey girls long time I've been on here. 

Congratulations  missmyangels that's great news. 

My last period was 24th June to and I still haven't come on haven't got no signs of preg or coming on but belly has had odd aches. I only had a positive ovulation test not last Sunday the Sunday before so maybe ill come on late. Body is messed up from d&c. I came on 27days after my d&c. Waiting games is doing my head in lol xxx

• Thanks T28

I'm 16 days past ovulation now, I only have a 25-28 day cycles at most.

i had no symptoms at all just AF abdominal aches so don't give up hope yet!! Good luck x

• More stress!! Ok so I've had bloods done yesterday and I've been told my hcg levels are slightly raised at 19miu?? How is that possible if a clearblue pg test has to be 25 for a positive? (Which I did on the same day!) they also have no clue how far I'm gone as nobody asked? I've asked for a call back from GP as now I'm pulling my hair out

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

to me that's low but the bloods are saying its high. Wished I hadn't bothered nowimage
  • Nah that can't be right!! Mine were 90 something at 14dpo & that's not considered high... Maybe they meant 119?! & you're right... If it was 19 then the cb digi would not have picked it up... & how can they say its high (whatever it is) if they dont know how far gone you are??!! Keep us posted!

• My GP called back and was very unclear I feel really queasy today which I though was a good sign!! However I now think maybe a mc is imminentimage if I was 25 for clear blue digital in morning and@ 19 by 4.30 pm for blood test(if correct) means levels have dropped off between 8.30 and 4.30! That isn't good so I have no high hopes. My hubby is gutted and saying he can't take the upset any more so if this has failed I'm not sure he will want to try again. Fingers crossed x

• So your gp confirmed it was 19??. What else did he say?? Blummin' eck they know how stressful this will be for you... They should be trying to be more helpful!!

• Yes 19 I expected it to be over 100 at least! I ovulated around Tuesday 7th so I just dont know!