Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ladies question about testing

Hi all me and hubbie are on month 3 TTC. This month I have (in my opinion) symptoms - light sharp pains on left hand side from day 3po, waves of sickness, nothing major and I had diarhea (sorry tmi) day 4po.  I am now day 11po. My question is if I tested now and I was pregnant would it not appear positive by now? I tested today and BFN. AF is not due to this Saturday. But if these really were symptoms surely the hormone would be strong enough also to detect pregnancy as well as produce symptoms? 

My my question really is how early have you ladies got your BFP po? 

Replies

• Any experiences would be greatly appreciated xx 

• Sometimes implantation doesn't happen until 14/15 dpo (or even longer!) and it then takes a couple of days for the HCG to show up in your urine. I know it's frustrating but maybe try and wait until your period is actually late before testing again image

• It is possible to get a bfn on 11dpo & then get a bfp a few days later... It depends how long a fertilized egg takes to get to the uterus & implant... Which typically ranges from 6-10days from ovulation day. So... You're not out yet. But... I would say to disvount the symptoms you had at 3/4 dpo As they would have been down to something else... Hcg isn't produced until the egg implants so 3/4 dpo is way too early for that.

good luck!

• Thanks Bunnygirl. Yeah I'm going to wait till then, I think your right. I was just unsure as to the average woman would she of got a positive by now, you know what I mean. You read so many different stories here. Do you think if there isn't enough hormone yet to produce a positive then there is not enough to result in symptoms or are they totally not related? 

• *hcg is what triggers most actual pregnancy symptoms yes emmsey

• Thanks SW2 for the advice. Sickness waves have only started the past few days and slight sharp (not sore) feelings are still ongoing so fingers crossed xx 

• I just went back to my calendar and I got a BFP on day 26 in a 24 day cycle both with this pregnancy and with my CP the month before. That was 14 dpo for me bit everyone is different. I did take tests before this time and I got white and gray lines where the red was supposed to be like something was about to shoe but only a definite BFP at 14 dpo. So yeah just test again in a few days...good luck

• Thanks Deblush. Did you have any symptoms before this date? I've some spotting today. First time this cycle. AF not due really to Sunday but I had a 25 day cycle last month so could come on Thursday. Wonder does this mean I'm out this month 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

• I got sick around AF was due if I didn't eat straight away when I got up in the mornings. I had brown spotting at 8 dpo and pink spotting 9 dpo. I also felt my womb contracting but it wasn't painful like when AF  is coming. I also got diarrhoea for a couple of days before my BFP but I can't remember how long before.

• Hi Emmsey 9.  I tested around a week before my period was due this time around and it said negative (I knew it would far too early!  But I knew I wanted to go out drinking that weekend so wanted a bit of reassurance!)  Then I tested on the day that I thought my period was due (have an irregular cycle!) and got a positive straight away.  It really depends on each person I think.    Try testing again maybe a couple of days after you are due, I would think it would show up then.

• Thanks Swanny I've had some spotting today (just once) not sure if this is AF or possible new symptom. It can all be very confusing 

• It really is so confusing!  And its so easy to say, but you just need to try and carry on as normal until you know otherwise for sure!  With my first, we managed to conceive on Month 4, the 4th month was the time I said to myself it will happen when it will happen and was much more chilled out about it.  Then this time, we were just not using any protection and seeing how we got on.  We didn't really have sex any more than we normally did, and we were extremely lucky and caught in the first month.  I really do believe that the more you stress about it, the more it won't happen.  Just enjoy the practising and the trying image xx