Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Ovulation and Clomid!

Hello-

My husband and I have been trying TTC for seven months now. My doctor prescribed me Clomid and a pill to make me start my cycle. Ever since I got off of birth control my body refused to start on its own. Anyways, I started my period on July 13th and was told to start taking the Clomid on days 5-9 of my cycle, so I did. So I took Clomid from July 17th-21st.  My doctor told to me test for ovulation as well.  So, on July 23rd I started testing with the Clearblue Advanced Digital ovulation kit. I of course got a circle (no LH surge). On Friday, the 24th (8:00am) I got a steady smiley face, which indicates peak fertility. I found that very odd as it was so soon.  So of course my husband and I were intimate that night. The nest few days, life got in the way and we were unable to be intimate, so I for sure thought we missed it.  Here's the kicker, today (7-29-15) as I went into work I was cramping horribly. Throughout the day the cramps would come and go and about 2 o'clock, my breast became tender. I got of for work @ 3pm, got home around 4:15ish and thought maybe I should test for ovulation again.  So I did, and got a blinking smiley face, indicating high fertility. I was sure I missed ovulation.  So I made dinner and tested a few hours later. At 7:30pm I tested again, this time I got a steady smiley face, which indicates peak fertility.  Yes, I have ovulation symptoms, but which test do I believe? I'm so confused. Should I continue to be intimate, did we miss ovulation, is Clomid messing with the test?  I truly believe that this second time, I am ovulating I've never had ovulation symptoms before, until now.  Are our chances of still becoming pregnant this month still possible?  

Any and all input or even similar situations would be greatly appreciated! ????

thank you!