Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnancy test confusion!

Good Morning!

yesterday I tool a first response pregnancy test at 10dpo, to my disappointment it was a BFN image after a few minutes looking at the test at different angles, squinting etc. I could see a faint white line, my OH could see it as well but he told me not to get my hopes up! I haven't tested this morning as I didn't have any tests left! has anybody else ever had this happen to them or something similar?

Replies

• yes i have!!! my OH said the same. I went to get a test that actually told me if i was 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' mine came back pregnant!!

i suggest you get one!!! good luck! :) 

xxx

• how DPO were you hun? x

• I'd get another test hun. If you are testing early just be aware digital tests need higher levels of hcg . FX xx

• Sorry I have no idea what dpo!? Haha clearly not down with the lingo!? Xx 

• dpo means days past ovulation :) don't worry I've only just learnt the lingo lol!

I tried a digital one as well yesterday nalc but it said not pregnant :( I think I'm going to try another first response one in the morning when I am 12dpo

• Umm.. i have no idea... last period was 26th june.... The  test said pregnant so I took another one to tell me how far which was 2-3weeks which means 4-5 weeks... I don't know why they work it like that but they do!? 

I wasted so much money on tests.. and I worked myself up because I wanted to fall pregnant so bad as soon as I relaxed I fell pregnant. The more pressure u put on yourself the more it won't happen. If you force it because you want it so much it almost has a reverse effect! Relax and enjoy and take a test a month :) xx 

• Hi Amy!

I didnt get a BFP on FRER until I was 12dpo, And then CB Digi at 15dpo...

Good Luck! xx

• everybody has been telling me that Emmyf but I just cant help but stress :( every single day all I worry about is if I'm pregnant or not! I really do need to chill out! I also have spent a lot of money on tests which I regret!

Thanks hadepop! I will try again in the morning :D

• Alot easier said then done isn't it!!! You will relax soon. I promise! :) i did. And before u know it your at your first scan! Even when I thought I was relaxed all I could think about was having a baby or being pregnant and I literally got obsessed without even knowing! Just Try not to get to that state. And like I said relax and enjoy it!!! Xxx 

• I'm new here and know no lingo lol , I took a tescos digi test this morning and it read pregnant I wasn't expecting it as not sure if late or not as had marina out July 24th had the odd bleed since but nothing period like , just so tired and light headed atm so thought I'd take one , couldn't get my head round it so when I got to work an he and half later I done the 2nd test and it came back as not pregnant so in limbo atm got another test to do tomo xx

• Oh that's strange. We're they both digi ones? X

• Yes both digi same make and out of same box very strange xx

• That is unusual! Do let me know how it goes!? 

Good luck xx

I'm sure I could see a line :( what do you lot think?

I think i'm going mental! lol

• imageThis was how faint mine was before I done a digi one. U need to get a digi one that actually tells you otherwise it does send you crazy xxx 

• i can deffo see a line hun!

• imageimage first picture is yesterday plus two hrs after that I took another digi which said not pregnant 2 nd pic is today sooo confused xx

• Maybe wait another couple of days Teena85 and test again. How many dpo are you?

• In all honesty I havnt got a clue as had marena out and never had cycle so wouldn't really know I'm thinking now my symptoms are the dreaded marena crash and the fist test from tesco s was having me on. 😕 xx

• I just don't get why I got positive on a digi , sorry for keeping on its just doin my brain in xx