Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

50ShadesofConceiving

hey ladies, 

need a bit of advise, I started the depo shot april 2014 only had 1 shot was meant to go back July but did not as it gave me bad side effects,my period came back the day my injection stopped so instead I moved onto the pill for 5 months, I stopped taking the pill december 2014, my period came back straight away  and since then we have not been the safest of people, we really want a baby, and 2 months ago I actually felt myself ovulate, I had never felt it like this before, so last month me and my partner was away from each other my whole fertile window :( but this month we baby danced the day before, the day and the day after ovulation, I am now 3dpo and looking forward to finding out, just that TWW now which kills me as I am a obsessive tester, I just want to know if anyones had trouble TTC after contraception, how long it took them, what they did to hurry the process,

thankyou ladies xoxox

Replies

• Try not to have sex too often as the sperm need to be good strong healthy sperm to do the deed so they say every two - three days is perfect cause they are always in good strong supply that way. You're onto a winner. Word of advice, I was trying for a year with my son after being on the pill for 5 years and proper obsessing I was trying too hard and got nowhere took so long! Then I relaxed, accepted it probably won't happen and didn't think about it at all and hey presto I fell pregnant. I'd Been for all the tests and everything to find out why time my appointment came round for the hospital, I had them but was pregnant as they did hem lol so you may find that relaxing about it all works. Hard as it may be,  just block it out of your mind and have sex every 2-3 days and you will be pregnant in no time. Good luck xx

• Remember sperm can live from three - five days inside your uterus so it's not going to matter if you have see every three days there's always going to be a supply inside you to get that egg if it's en route :) xx

• I think it all depends on the individual, I fell pregnant within the 1st proper cycle I had but I've always fallen quickly. I was on the pill 7 years. My friend on the other hand, stopped in April and she's just had another unsuccessful month image just keep at it and what Emma said, don't obsess & stress about it, its no fun then!

Good luck!

• Thanks ladies, yeah we try have it oftern, I'm 4dpo today, it's just I go Through this every month hoping something's going to be there, my big sister fell pregnant the first time her and her new partner had intercorse, I have no idea how that works and I'm not willing to find someone else, thanks again x