Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

No period after stopping pill but having various pains and aches

Replies

• Yeah I think waiting 3-6 months is pretty normal so I wouldn't worry. I'm just a really impatient person and once I've decided I want something (eg a baby) then I want it now! Xx

• I'm exactly the same lol I so badly Want to have a baby..as I know I'm ready..so keep getting inpatient by doing tests etc 

• I'm totally ready and my hubs is 36 so that puts the pressure on as I don't want him to be an old dad. How old are u?? Xx

• as long as your ready thats the main thing! I'm 27 my husband will be 30 so we have been thinking about it for a while just moved into a flat so the timing for us is just right xx

• Your both at a great age ttc and congrats on ur new flat. I've just turned 30 and hubs is 36 so kinda wishing we had got the ball rolling sooner xx

• Aww thanks 

I know what you mean sometimes you just end up waiting and then feel you should of done it earlier on! Fingers crossed things move forward quickly for you xxx 

• Update guys, i have had my period !!! feel so much better less bloated and feel more comfortable 

• Ah congrats!!! Great news. How many cycle days was that got u? Xx

• Took me about 1 month ish to have my period but it didn't last long not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol about 3 days...saying that on the pill was about 4-5 

• That's sounds great, ur first cycle has come right on time! 3 days sounds quite normal. My withdrawal bleeds have always been very light and lasted 2-3 days. My period was light before the pill too. Ah ur so lucky, i so want to see AF!!!! ive booked a doctors apt for a week on Wednesday Xx

• I didn't think I would of had it because I didn't really get much of a bellyache or that feeling when you no you will come on! So kinda glad it's done with lol how do I know when I'm ovulating ?? 

• Your really lucky that you have got an average 4 week cycle as its gonna be a lot easier for u to predict ovulation. It sounds like you may ovulate around CD 14 so make sure u BD that day and the 6 days prior. If I were you I would track your BBT and CM. If you find your BBT dips and you have EWCM and that you feel some right or left abdo pains then id do an OPK. As they are all pretty sure signs ur ovulating!!! 

• Can u tell me what the letters mean lol sorry new to all of this xxx

• Sorry hun, I've clearly been reading way too much stuff and obsessing with this that I know the lingo already!!

CD = cycle day

BD = baby dance (have sex!)

BBT = basal body temp 

CM / CF = cervical mucus / cervical fluid

EWCM = egg white cervical mucus

OPK = ovulation predictor kit

Hoor that makes it a bit clearer xxx

• hehe thanks! all makes sense now!

saying that last night about 9pm i did a ovulation test the 2nd line was showing but not very dark..

• Sounds like u could be ovulating imminently then! What cycle day are u on? Xx

• see now that's where i am  confused! I stopped my last pill on the 23rd Sept ( i never finished the full pack) 24th Oct was my period which lasted 3-4 days 

• Did you have your withdr bleed when you finished the pill?? X

• Yes I did x

• It's very unlikely that ur ovulating now if u have just finished ur period, I'd say u would be ovulatiing around the 7th Nov. But a faint line on an ovulation test would mean that maybe u are due to ovulate! Maybe your body is still readjusting to everything xx