Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

TTC after stopping pill..confused..

Replies

• Fingers crossed. Normality resumed and start afresh. Although saying that I've had to taking a panic trip to the supermarket for feminax and a hot water bottle. I forgot how horrendous my periods were after 13 years... OUCHHhHh xx

• I think I've always been pretty lucky. Never suffered with pains or excessively heavy periods! I'm just sick of feeling as though I'm gonna show and then nothing happens :( ... Aww well I hope it eases for you overnight! They are so horrible to have, yet I can't wait to get back some sort of 'normal' routine. Feels a bit unnatural for me, not having a period for a couple of months lol xxx

• emmarose i hope we get christmas bfps! what a lovely christmas present it would be.

and lovepink hi! We know the feeling, I have been driving myself crazy since coming off the pill. If this is any help 2 weeks after I came off I had brown spotting and then it went into my first natural period after a few days, which gave me hope to my body getting back to normal. hope you feel better soon x

• Just an update... Still nothing to be seen! All of the symptoms I was having before have gone. Nipples less sore etc. Just want AF to arrive now. Getting really annoyed about it. I'm wondering though, with me spotting for 2 days at the beginning of the week, whether that was my first 'period' aftet coming off? It seems that by Wednesday all the symptoms went away and no more spotting since. I've recorded it in my calendar just in case. I'm not expecting anything now for another 3 Weeks. Took a test and it was BFN xx

• It's consuming isn't it waiting for af to come. I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. The signs are good though, either symptoms of it coming or pregnancy if you're lucky 😊 xx

• Hey, sorry for not updating you on anything. Been quite boring - as had AF and then everything was quiet up until a few days ago. Had ovary cramps and I ovulated Saturday/Sunday and we BD'ed alot over the weekend! So fingers crossed for me as now on the 2WW. How are you all doing?

• I swear the 2ww is the WORST! Fx for you! I finished af yesterday/ today so I'm just getting ready to BD till the cows come home haha. I got an app and it's suspects my fertile days are over the weekend and start of next week. Xx

• Still nothing for me. No AF!!! Did another test today and BFN... Just wish I knew what was happening. So so so frustrating!! X

• How many days since you stopped Lovepink? I took near 40 days before af came. Amother lady in another group I'm in took a pip over 100 days. Xx

• Me and partner BD'ed alot this fertile window, and i'm feeling very very positive this month! i also hate the 2ww its the worst, but the good thing is I am keeping myself time consumed wth christmas shopping for the family this month & got a family weekend away this weekend so i am not over thinking it to much! Also tmi here but my nipples are so sore! (not sure why) might be from ovulation.. but they kill!!! Lovepink im sorry to hear your cycles are a bit off:(, i cant really relate as i had a very very short cycle the first time i came off BC, i had a period within 2 weeks, I hope your body gets back to normal soon for you. Also goodluck emmarose to you this month, and enjoy the BDing! I find the apps very helpful, hope they help you :) xx

• It has been 3 and a half weeks now since stopping taking my pill. Had spotting a week ago and nothing at all since. it really is the most frustrating thing, really want to start trying but I don't see as there's a point really until my AF arrives. I just feel like I don't have a clue where I'm at which is so annoying... Just hoping it comes next week. That will have been my 28 days off it :) still early days though when you consider what some women had to wait like youself emmarose xx

• Lovepink12 - they say that your first normal period should happen 2-4 weeks after stopping the pill! So fingers crossed it will come soon for you:-) You can start trying straight away after stopping the pill. 

Updates on me: Now 6dpo, had intense cramps yesterday which felt like period cramps they kept coming and going for an hour and then stopped. Now my boobs are just sore and tender:/ fingers crossed this is the month! I only have a week till im due on AF which is exciting. Emmarose how are you doing? 

• It depends on the pill, a lot of girls who took cerazette like me took more like 50 days and more. Also the length you've took it and your body may no doubt effect it but I'm no doctor hehe. 

Hormones or working overtime there, hopefully all the good stuff 😊 I'm alright I'm in my fertile window now, bought an ov kit to help me get to grips with my cycle. No ov yet but I'm feeling a bit cramps in my tummy and cm is more watery so it should be a matter of days. Xx

• think that'll be what ill be doing next month if this isnt my BFP month will be buying an ov kit. Let me know hope you get on with it! 

Today im 7dpo and having twinges in my uterus area and dull pressure in pelvis area. Very emotional today too, nauseas and headache. Can only hope these are early symptoms, really hoping for a December BFP! Happy BD'ing emmarose. xxx

• Still no AF my end. Will have been 4 weeks tomorrow since stopping taking the pill.

Here's to hoping u girls get that BFP. I do keep checking back to see how your all getting on. So if anything happens then please let me know 😁😁😁 excited for you both. X

• Lovepink i hope you have your AF soon, am keeping my fingers crossed for you xx 

Been away for the weekend with my family and my partners been away for the weekend with his friends! Been a weird weekend, haven't even been thinking about being pregnant the past 2 days and have had symptoms that I have noticed whilst being very busy, so maybe its not my mind playing tricks this month!

8dpo today - i have a dull backache at the lower end of my back right before my bum, keep having pin prick feelings in my ovaries/uterus and keep having hot flushes! and also what feels like the pain you would get from constipation which is tmi, but i am not constipated. I'm feeling very  positive this month xx 

• Aww well I hope you get the BFP you have been waiting for! Keeping my fx for you :) How many more days before you can test now then? Xx

My af has finally showed herself, exactly 28 days from when I stopped taking the pill! So so happy about this... Means my body has fallen back into the regular 28 day cycle that I have always had. Just hope after this time I don't see her again for 9 months haha. Xx

• I am on my second cycle after getting off the pill. My first cycle lasted 35 days. && this current cycle is on day 59. :( I have been getting pink spotting for the last two days. I am hoping for a Christmas baby and hope this is some form of implantation bleeding... otherwise AF should "hopefully" be on her way. The waiting game is REALLY hard. The first month off the pill, I had every pregnancy symptom in the book... only to find out it was my body getting back to normal. Hang in there!!! 

• welcome tokyolove&co I had the same on My first month off with all the symptoms. It's my second cycle off and Alls pretty quiet. tried an ovulation test kit which all came back negative but loads of people conflicted advice with that so I'm going good old fashioned regular BD and see what happens. af is supposedly due about the 15th. here's hoping for lots of christmas BfPs xx

• Hello! ive been quite lucky that my cycles have been regular every 23 days really since coming off the pill! think it's the best way emmarose as its less stressing that way, they say the less you think about it the more likely it is to happen:) I'm testing on Friday 4th which is when AF is due and having some odd symptoms I've never had before. Fingers crossed for all of you for a Xmas BFP xxx