Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC after stopping pill..confused..

Replies

• Options

Any news tulip2309?? Xx

• Options

Any news tulip? I've read through your posts and i started ttc the same time as you in september! I thought i was pregnant the first month, but it turned out to be withdrawal symptoms from being off the pill.

On the positive side, i just got my bfp on the 4th!! Cannot believe it! Fx for yo! Let us know how you get on xx

• Options

Aww congrats hanabnana!! How are you tulip? Xx

• Options

Thank you emmarose xx

• Options

hi all, sorry havent kept you updated! Hasnt been a very good last few days - my AF is now 4 days late, done a test and was BFN. So not sure whether I'm just late or whats going on really? Disaster has kind of striked as me and my partner found out over the weekend that we have to move out of our house - so we are very worried/stressed so could be due to that. Will keep you updated. How are you all?xx

• Options

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that. Thinking of you bOth, it could be stress related or the fact there isn't enough hormone to pick up just yet xx

• Options

Hi guys - all a bit of a worry as trying to find somewhere else to move into and by the fact that we have to leave I haven't done another test as haven't had a chance to pick one up. Now 6 days late and come down with AWFUL cold/flu But have extreemly painful cramps only at nights!  Been so stressful.. Don't know whether I'm late due to illness or stress but will get a test over weekend. How are you all?xxx 

• Options

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you. I'm in the 2ww so tearing my hair out lol xx

• Options

Hi Girls, Hope you dont mind me joining in. I have been obsessively reading forums since coming off the pill and I convinced myself I was pregnant after getting all those symptoms! I was gutted to get a BFN the other day image

I was confused when i came off the pill though and i dont know if anyone else had this? I stopped taking my pill on 15th October and had brown DC (sorry tmi) from 21st October to the 8th November then had a 2 day bleed on the 15th November. It literally completely stopped after 2 days! do I count that as my first official period after coming off the pill? 

I took it that it was and i bought an OTK but have had negatives. Not sure if i am being premature and should wait for next AF? the wait drives me crazy. The rest of life seems to be going fast but waiting for AF has got to be one of the most frustrating things. I have never inspected my knickers so much to see what's going on down there. 

There is so much to be said for being in control of your body and cycles. It never bothered me before and i think thats how i know i am ready for a baby. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. 

x

• Options

Welcome. 😊 That's more than likely a withdrawal bleed that you get before your first proper period.try not to panic yourself too much right now as your body will be giving you all the pregnancy symptom. Fx you are but if not it's totally normal for a while to be all over the shop. I had a withdrawal a few days after I stopped for a couple of days and then 30 odd days later despite me being convinced I was pregnant with implantation bleeds the lot I had my af. Now everything's more calm and I'm in the 2ww period. Try to fight the urge to test until the right time as bfn can be a false reading and get you down when testing too early. Best of luck to you Hun. Fx for a super speedy bfp  😊 xx

• Options

Thank you so much for such a speedy reply. The relief of actually talking on these forums really helps actually. You can read things forever but getting some feedback directly is comforting. You have these thoughts going round and round. 

Its probably written on here somewhere but as i have had a period on the 15th November does that mean i should continue to get AF from now on but probably wont be regular? 

I have been on the pill for so long i cant even remember having normal periods. Frustrating because every time i have been to get a check up to get a new prescription they dont go through the side effects of coming off the pill or discussing your options. I had an awful time with the nurse last time who was more bothered about telling me to lose 2lbs!!!!! Anyway rant over!

I dont know when is the right time to test because i dont know when my next AF is due? I know i am being so impatient.

x

• Options

To be honest I'm only on my it's proper cycle In after 13 years of cerazette so I'm learning myself. How rude of that Nurse! I was a worry wart my first month off and the girls on here put my mind at ease. Now I've learnt it's all a learning curve and panicking and obsessing will cause stress and delays things. Im staying healty, logging my cycle to learn it and tweaking what I'm doing each month dependant on what I learn. Im impatient especially now during the 2ww, but less obsessed which is a blessing hehe. 

Get an app and that will help you track your cycle, it's a great way to gain control and will hel predict your next af and advise when to test. Xx

• Options

AF showed today :( 8 days late! Was obviously all the stress and worry but started to convince myself I was preggers! Oh well there's always next month, fingers crossed for you ladies!xx

• Options

hey tulip 2309 mine showed up as well today! Happy on one hand because I have a cycle to go on now. Spot on 28 days! Downloaded and app on my phone to keep track of things now. We all have to keep positive and not get stressed by it all xx

• Options

I'm sorry tulip. I hope it all comes together soon and you can feel less stressed. I've had cramps and pink spotting todAy but it all feels like af. Next month ay xx

• Options

Judging by my apps I should be fertile 27th december-31st december! So hopefully it'll be finding out in the new year that would be an amazing start to the year! So fingers crossed - im sorry also elbow5 that you came on:( how are you emmarose? xx

• Options

Same here! Matching fertile time! Well I had a light bit of pink spotting Saturday and then nothing since. It's cd28 so I'm trying not to get my hopes up xx

• Options

Keeping my fingers crossed for you emmarose xxx 

• Options

Hi girls 

we all seem to be in sync! my app is saying around the 25th! I have been reading up about hormone imbalance. Im really worried my periods are literally for 2 days only and then they completely stop. I going to get some Maca and red clover which apparently helps to balance out your hormones and improves fertility. I think i need to start looking after my body properly. 

Sounds hopeful emmarose, i am keeping everything crossed for you. Will it be firsts for both of you girls? 

xx

• Options

Thank you both. Yes first time round and second month of trying so I'm pretty clueless. Oh really I never heard of that. I hope it all sorts itself out for you 😊 Xx