Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC after stopping pill..confused..

Replies

• Hi Ladies how are you all?

Feeling so emotional at the moment and in a complete daze. Wish i could stop thinking about getting pregnant! 

• Elbow5 you and me both Hun. I'm due on the 28th and all I can think about is getting myself pregnant!! Never wanted anything more. I donfeel different but I'm just putting that down to me noticing things that I wouldn't have necessarily before. trying not to get my hopes up to much and this is only the 2nd cycle.

when are you due to test now then? X

• Hey Lovepink12, 

I am on my third cycle now and due to ovulate on Christmas day!! i am going to try out the OPK as i just want to make sure everything is working properly. I do notice every twinge in my body now but i feel better for getting to know my body. I think i need to get over the whole christmas period and then try again in the new year. If it happens over christmas great but what will be will be. 

What stage are you at now? 

x

• Elbow5 I've been an emotional wreck since my AF! now so impatient waiting for my fertile window which isn't till the 27th of December:((( so impatient! The days seem to be going so slow, just want to be pregnant. 

Emmarose how are you? 

Wishing all all of you luck this month xxx 

• Hi girls sorry for the delay been so busy with work and so exhausted. I did a test this morning and got my BFP, I'm still in shock, I'm apparently 4 weeks and 4 days. I had pale pink spotting Saturday, period pains on off since then, my boobs have grown almost a cup size, they so hard and sore and I've started to need a nap after work the past few days  which I've never been able to do. I started to get hot flushes the past handful of days where my face was on fire and I just couldn't stop it. I'd be At a meal with a glass pressed against it to try and cool it down. luckily I don't feel sick or off my food so far. 

im sending baby dust your way! 😘 I took a negative test on Tuesday and then waited till today (Saturday)(cd33) when the cramps and high temperature were really confusing me and I just needed some sort of answer As I was getting a bit down. its true you're not out till you're out! Xx

• Congratulations emmarose thats such great news. 😀😀😀😀

its great to hear people getting their BFPs. sorry to be personal but were you DTD pretty much everyday during your fertile period? All these dates and timings  are so much to keep up with. So it was too early for to test on Tuesday? When was your AF due again?

Thanks for the baby dust. I need it xx

tulip2309 and lovepink12 lets hope 2016 brings us our BFPs then we can all start another chat about growing bumps 

xx

• Thank you elbow 😘

As its only my second cycle I'm not entirely sure on my exact cycle length. I took the pill for 13 years and my first cycle was 33days in which j had a lot of withdrawal symptoms that ironically felt worse than I feel with my bfp lol. my predicted period according to my app was 28 days then when I got the bfn it changed it to 33 days Which is today bfp day. I had light pink spotting on cd 26. My app thought my fertile period was cd 8-13. We bd most days during it and a few days after too. I felt like I ovulated cd 15/16 coz of my cm and cramps. We bd 11 times in the 33 day cycle. I didn't start taking my temperature until 3 days ago. I bought an opk and used it over the fertile period but I ran out and didn't buy anymore because I didn't find it helped me emotionally. my cervical positions didn't tally with what they're supposed to do so that didn't help lol. The cm and cramps were my only real tell tale signs.  I used the ovia app which i liked.

whens your fertile period? Best wishes to you all, let's get a bunch of New Years bfps!! Xx

• Congrats emma rose!! My babydust to you worked ;). When dies that make your due date?

Also is this your first? Xx

• Congratulations emmarose! That is such amazing news and what a lovely Christmas present for you☺️ its given me hope which is what I needed! I thought about buying OPK's but decided not too as didn't want to overstress myself:/ xx

• Hehe thanks for it hanabana lol. August 23rd 😊

Thanks tulip, yes we were in it together from the start so it shows it can happen soon and you can think you're out when you're not. Sending you lots of babyd and relaxing well wishes. I found them stressful and it much easier to trust my own instincts and back it up with the app. I got all negative opk results and they got me down. I found taking my temperature good and logging your cm helpful. My top fertile symptom was cramps and ewcm/ watery cm apparently xx

• You'll have to keep me updated emmarose on the pregnancy! We have been in it together since the start and very very excited for you!

I'm actually thinking of doing a test tomorrow - probably sounds a bit insane but had a bleed that ended on 16th and started pn 12th. It wasnt like my usual one. I had cramps for a week leading up to it which is unusual for me as I usually get cramps day before and that's about it and still now I am having cramps that feel like period cramps and lower backache and I haven't bled since Wednesday obviously I keep expecting to go to the toilet and see blood and now it's sunday and it's not easing.  Any ideas? I can't shake this feeling that maybe I am pregnant xx 

• Wow emmarose!!!! I'm so happy for u!!!! What a brilliant Christmas present hey?! Congratulations. I've been folliwing u in a couple of threads so I'm really excited for u now 😁😁😁

I am now 8dpo and my app is saying to take a test in 4 days, although my af isn't due until Monday 28th dec. Took a frer test this morning and was negative. Not going to test again now until Friday. Really really hoping for a BFP. It's only my second cycle though so I'm not expecting miracles although it really would be the best!

congratulations to all the BFP on this feed. keeping my fX for all the other ladies waiting for that positive to appear. xx

• Aww thanks tulip, yes I will stay in the group and keep up to date with your hopefully very short journey. You never know. Don't feel too disheartened just in case it's too early to test. 

Thank you lovepink I'm utterly stunned but over the moon. Hey it's my second cycle so you never know 😊 Yeah hold out if you can as it is upsetting when sometimes it neednt be. Hopefully it's the start of some good luck on here bfp style... They say things come in threes hehe xx

• what symptoms did u have around 8dpo? That's if u can remember. Lol just got a few things going on but I'm not sure whether it's just my head playing tricks on me.

I have A sore throat at the moment and have been suffering from thrush (sorry tmi) for a week or so. Havent had sex for a week but had a positive ovulation test on the 11th so thinking my fertile period was last weekend some time. Really hoping we dtd enough. Had it every other night until Sunday. Soon find out hopefully xx

• Mild Period like cramps and sore huge boobs. The fatigue and hot flashes didn't set in until last week. I thought my wisdom tooth was causing the firey red cheeks, I blamed a bad week at work for the tiredness and the period pains and boobs on af coming. Everyone has different symptoms. My cervix didnt agree with what it should have been and I couldn't see much about the hot flashes with others getting bfps. Oh my cm was always quite watery or creamy, I never felt like it was drying up. I'm finding I need to wee more often and I can't tell if it's a wee or cramp. When I eat my belly gurgles instantly and I'm a fart machine haha. They're again later symptoms for me.

fx for you. Xx

• Thanks for your reply. I have 4 children, one 10, one 8 and my youngest babies r 5 (twins) but they were all surprises as they were all conceived on the pill. Me and my partner have said we want one more where we can actually try for a baby and this will be our last. I never really had any symptoms, ones that I can remember any way as I never knew until missed period with being on the pill, so this is all new to me. Really hoping this month is our month but sometimes I think I am and then others I think I'm not! Just want Friday to come so I can test with frer. Hoping it's a positive. Fx!!!! Xx

• Wow really?? That's amazing. What a lovely little brood. This is my first experience. Fx for you. Really praying for a bfp 😘 Xx

• Im doing a test tonight as just feel odd like something isnt right :/ just to keep my mind at ease - will let you know the outcome xx

• Thanks emmarose :) I hope so but I won't be to disappointed if not. Trying to chill and think that it will happen when it happens. 

Tulip u will have to let us know how u go on with ur test. Fx for u xx

• Was a big BFN! Wasn't expecting it to be positive but had to ease my mind for the time being as was driving me insane. But fingers crossed for the next fertile window!! Im hoping it'll happen soon:( xx