Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeling confused! Please help

Hi everyone

I'm new to this site :) so a bit of background.

I was on ovranette for about 3 years, then swapped to yasmin for about 6 months, then was put on cilest, and then desogestrel  (mini pill). Before taking pills and during my time on the pills that required a break my periods have always been normal and lasted around 7 days.

OH and I decided to try for a baby about 2 years ago, after no luck I went back on my pill (yasmin) at the time, as we were getting married. Due to unforseen circumstances we had to cancel the wedding, so we decided to try again. By this point I'd been on desogestrel for about six months. I stopped desogestrel and had a withdrawal bleed about a week later that was very light and left no marks at all when wearing a pad. After a month I went back on desogestrel for certain reasons (work etc) for about a month but then we decided to just go for it!

So I've currently been off desogestrel now for about 10 days and still haven't had a withdrawal bleed, I also don't 'feel' one coming on either like I did before. OH and I DTD about 6 times a week after coming off desogestrel. What are the chances of me getting a BFP without a withdrawal bleed please? 

I was going to consider taking ovulation tests but as OH works away it would be pointless, he's only home weekends.

I also found out when I had my smear that my womb is tilted (my Mum's is the same too) my own GP said that it wouldn't affect TTC whereas the gynaecology GP said there are things they can do to help (while she was carrying out my smear when I hadn't even asked about it!)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks ladies x

Replies