Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
Has your child just gone back to school or nursery? Tell us about it here on this thread.

So broody, don't know what to do!!!

I started feeling broody about a month ago and I assumed it was just a phase and it would pass. It hasn't passed and it is getting worse and worse and I have no idea what to do. I work in a nursery as an apprentice and so I am constantly around children. This does not help. The problem is I am 19 years old and still live at home. My bf is 23 and he still lives at home also. My bf has a good job that pays a good amount but we haven't been together too long only 6 months. I have spoken to my bf about this and he told me that if I wanted a baby and I was ready then he was ready. He was really excited. I am not interested in travelling or partying, my dream and aspiration has always been a family life. I realise that it is not an ideal situation but what should I do? How can i stop this progressing? my whole life plan has been turned  upside down. My priorities was always marriage then children, now it seems all i want is to be a mother. What should I do?

Replies

• I got pregnant with my first aged 16 wasn't planned as you can tell but me and my boyfriend had only been together 3 months!!!!!! I didn't know what to do I had just left school but looking back I defo wouldn't change her for the world I was with her dad 5 years after that unfortunately we split. But she's still the best precious diamond I've ever had!  If you and your partner feel your ready and have a good income there is no reason why you can't try! It's a life changing experience but one of the most amazing ones at that! Ages doesn't matter I was young and didn't start well of but my child has never give without and is a very bright little girl!  I have got on with my career. Xx

• Hi hun. If you feel truly ready for a baby and all that it comes with then that's great, but you and your bf should definately get a home together first - dating and living together 24/7 are very very different, believe me! image  Make sure you are comfy living together and financially stable and then you'll have all the time in the world to make a beautiful bubba together. Good luck x