Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

TTC baby number 1, looking for a buddy

Replies

• Hi. I hope you don't mind if I join. 

I'm  2dpo ttc baby number 1. I had a mc back in November and started trying again at the start of this year. Used the opk's for the first time this month to make sure I'm ovulating and got my positive test on 12/3 so taking O day as 13/3. I decided to stop drinking a couple of weeks ago too as I thought it might help but I keep getting the 'are you pregnant' question. It's so annoying!! 

Good luck to all those in the tww And I look forward to seeing some bfp's 😝 X

• Good luck, Sarah x

• I dont normally drink so I guess its easier for me to refuse any offers on the wine. 

This 2ww has been an emotional roller coaster for me. I read somewhere online that if there is a risk or previous mc they recommend no big O :-/ As i had early mc last month/chemical preg (not sure which one it was ) i stopped doing anything since ovulation. But last night I thought to myself seriously if its meant to be it'll be. I dtd but was in tears afterwards for no reason- its the emotional guilt thats soo annoying.

1more week of waiting- hope I see my BFP. 

good luck girls xx 

• ive been feeling pregnant for about 1 week now and so I did a test on cycle day 27 and it was negative i was due to start my period today and nothing? I haven't done a test because I got a negative the other day, anyone else had this? I feel so confused 

• I just feel a bit torn today. I'd got my head around seeing AF this morning, and now I'm not sure what to do with myself, I O'd on 1/3 so am 14dpo, really going to try and wait till Thursday morning to test. 

I do feel a bit off colour today though, really hungry and a sicky feeling in the back of my throat. But it's likely all wishful thinking! X 

• Holly they say you shouldn't test until your af Is due as the chemicals might not be strong enough for a + try again now your AF is late and do it with your first morning urine when it's most concentrated. 

Good luck xx 

• I'm new here too... Put this post up earlier, but didn't get a reply, so I hope you don't mind me putting it on this thread now...

Hi Ladies, I am looking for some advice please! I normally have a 35 day cycle & I have tried to figure out my ovulation dates using apps etc. I have used an OTK this time round & each day that I checked it said I wasn’t ovulating. It is just under 2 weeks now until my next period is due to start but I’ve been having some of the symptoms that other ladies have talked about, from what I have seen online i.e. feeling tired, sore bbs & I’ve been feeling nauseous for the last 2 days.

I really want to do a pregnancy test, but I think it may be too early & I am so afraid of getting a BFN. Can anyone give me any advice please?

• I will do one tomorrow morning as they say morning is best. I feel so bloated and my boobs hurt so much can't even hug the other half! will update x

• Hi Eims

im not sure really, if it's two weeks til your period is due it will be too early to have proper pregnancy symptoms and a hpt won't give you a positive? Could these be ovulation symptoms? X

• Eims, it would definitley be too early for a pregnancy test if you're due on in 2 weeks, as Willow said, could it be ovulation symptoms?

And Willow, I cried practically for 2 days last week because I was that emotional about not being pregnant, and I just felt l everything was against me. Because my partner and I work at the same place, we are constantly on the go and some times when we get home we are both too exhausted to DTD, and whenever we aren't too exhausted my OH says that he can't be bothered or we can later, and it just felt like we were getting nowhere with it. Even though realisticly we were DTD every 2 or 3 days.

And I had to take painkillers, I went to bed with the sore head and woke up with it....it was just getting too much x

• Eims I had exactly those symptoms a few weeks ago, about a week after what I thought was ovulation (but I don't think it was now as no AF and no BFP). They lasted about 4 or 5 days then disappeared. Sorry that isn't very helpful as i still don't really know what caused them - I put them down to a post-pill withdrawal type thing but sounds like you aren't in the same situation as me so who knows! 

• Rebecca, I had to really beg my oh to dtd on ovulation day. He was not in the mood. I feel really sorry for the men in this, just there to perform a service! Haha! Good luck to you X 

• Thanks ladies. I will save my money for now then & see in 2 weeks time

:-)

• I basically had a nervous break down to my OH about it and he said that next month we can DTD every day, and then surely I will have caught my ovulation at some point....I know for a fact though that it will be difficult trying to get him to DTD once a week, never mind every day😂X

• Sugar-I've been cramping to and it sucks just waiting for AF! And since I got off BC my cycles have been all over the place!

Sarah-I get the same response when I don't drink. Then sometimes I'm like I should just drink since I'm not having any luck at this baby making thing. Who would have thought it would be so hard! I also can't believe how many people struggle from this.

Holly-I feel the same way. Am I pregnant or is it all in my head? AF is due this week, I have an app that is getting my hopes up I might be pregnant. I try to not let it get me to excited but it's hard! What symptoms have you had?

Willow-good luck, crossing my fingers for you!

Eims- I have a 35 day cycle too. Ov apps haven't worked for me. I've even tried on days the stick says I'm O'ing and no babies. And like Willow said it could be ovulating symptoms. I read online you ovulate 2 weeks b4 AF.

• So for like a week maybe 2, I've been tired all the time, bloated, gone off some foods, boobs are VERY sore all the time.. Period is today but nothing yet thought I'd leave it until tomorrow. I'm excited but very nervous too! Xx

• Wow - we seem to be on long cycles here, which is nice I'm not the only one! 

Really keeping my fingers crossed that one of us gets a bfp this month. I think I'm out, feeling a bit crampy this aft although I have been unusually hungry the last two days which isn't like me. You can't second guess these things, just have to wait til AF shows or doesn't! X 

• According to the Ovia app, I'm now 1dpo....cd37 but I can take a test in 9 days.....hopefully either a BFP happens or AF....I just want to know what's happening!!

and I'm sure that you all will have been like me, doing everything to prevent pregnancy for a good few years, and now when you're trying to conceive it seems nearly impossible! I've decided I'm having a glass of wine tonight, off work tomorrow and Thursday so I think that its deserved x

• I got impatient and did a test tonight and was negative so gonna leave it a couple of days if my period doesn't start 

• Rebecca - I know it's crazy! I came off the pill briefly 9 years ago and was panicking like crazy when I didn't get AF for 4 months (so was OH haha). Now I'm equally annoyed but mainly coz it means I'm not ovulating yet. I went back on the pill as soon as first AF came that time so who knows how long it would have taken for my cycles go get regular again. Really hope it doesn't stop me conceiving for a while as I want a baby before / not long after I turn 31.

Sarah and Angel - people seem to assume I'm pregnant whenever I don't drink too. What annoys me more though is that since I got married (2 and a half years ago now) people look down at my tummy whenever they see me as though they are EXPECTING me to he pregnant. I find it so rude! I haven't been trying for long but I bet that could be so infuriating if you have been x