Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just had contraceptive implant removed how long before I can get pregnant?

hi I have had my contraceptive implant removed and I am trying to conceive, how long after can I get pregnant? I had periods whilst I had the implant in and had one 2weeks ago before I had implant taken out.

Replies

• Depends on your body, every body is different,  hopefully it won't take too long but in some women it can take months.  Having periods is a very good sign.  Try to look out for ovulation. 

• I've known people to fall very quick after  removing implant but everyone is different 

• I had my IUD removed in February and still haven't concieved. I believe that everyones body is different and when the time is right it'll happen. I read that it could take anywhere from four to six months for the body to get back to normal so my advice would be patient and have fun while trying to conceive. no stress ! 

• I've brought ovulation  tests but I don't want to have to wait too long, I just wanted to know on average how most women are, who have had periods whilst on implant, thanks for all your help 

• I had mme in for a little over 3 years and had a period never until the end when I was about to take it out then had one cycle after it was removed and now currently waiting for AF to come 

• Hope it goes that quickly for me!! :) congratulations