Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

negative result and I'm feeling defeated

Greetings ladies, I was a few days late and I was constantly hot and experiencing mood swings...I thought I was pregnant and I was starting to get really excited....I took a pregnancy test and of course it was negative. My period came on literally right after I took the test. I feel devastated. I want to be happy for the people around me who are having babies, but I just can't do it. I've done everything in my power to stop thinking about this but nothing seems to be working. I'm in school and I work full time so I don't know why I have the time to sulk about this...has anyone else experienced something similar? How do you stop thinking about it?

Replies

• HI Justice, how many months have you been TTC? I am early days (onto 3rd cycle now) but I keep telling myself when it happens it will be the right time - everything happens for a reason. I am also keeping busy to keep my mind off it. That being said I don't know if I will be saying the same thing in a few months. For now I am enjoying trying and getting to know my body x

• I've been ttc since February...I have no idea why I can't just enjoy it and let it happen. Every time I get my period I feel like it's a stab in the chest..and these feelings are so weird because I was always the one who said I don't want children