Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 8

Replies

• Thank you everyone! It's nice to be able to talk about it. 

Missmyangels sorry for asking lots of questions. I've tried to read back but my phone won't let me. Are you being seen by anyone. 

I got married last year and since then we have had so much stress with family issues and I know stress isn't good for the body especially when trying to conceive? 

has anyone been advised a certain period to wait to try again? I don't know if I could handle another one x

• Cberg I wish you lots of luck 17 weeks wow congratulations. 

Ive read a lot of people having tests and nothing comes from them, with the last one I didnt have strong symptoms like morning sickness so I think my hormones were too low! X

• sianipoo I have always been told to wait 3 months. You may want to wait for tests just to be sure? I have always got further when leaving it a few months. Others however have been told they can start straight away xx

• Hi girls. I'm in a bit of a state. Got a lovely BFP on Sunday but the lines are getting fainter (which we all know means game over)

My Dr tried to get in touch with my gynea last night and left a message so I'm desperately hoping I get a call to go and collect pgestorone.

also a blood clotting disorder showed up on my recent tests so my Dr has asked his secretary to ask the hemetogogist to see me urgently. But this is all the NHS so things will take ages. I have a feeling by the time they got sorted it'll be too late to save this baby :(

• These are my tests. You can see they are slowly getting lighter 

• hi, are they both first morning urine? Do you know how many weeks you are? 

I would ring your gp and ask him if he has heard back from the gynaecologist. and ask for the progesterone! 

Fingers crossed for you xx

• Yes both FMU. I'm so hoping it can be saved. I think I'll call him after lunch x

• Thanks cberg I'm probably going to go on the pill for 6 months to regulate my hormones! 

With the 2 previous miscarriages I have noticed the last period before I fell pregnant they came 4 days early and only lasted a few days. Which might have something to do with my lining I'm not sure x

• Lovely BFP their Florien and the doesn't look lighter to me hun it looks the same:) defo get you bloods done ASAP I've always had my results in just under 24hrs. It's the second bloods that will give you your answer but stay positive for now:) 😘

• Florien they look the same to me Hun, good luck Hun hope your gp can help x

• Those test lines looks the same to me Florence. 

Fx crossed for you, stay positive. 

Baby dust to all xx 

• Thank you I'll try giving him a call at 1ish. I think today's (bottom) is a little lighter. I'm about 4+2. I really can't go through another long and drawn out mc again (2 mc and 1 chemical last year) I'm trying to be positive though. I do feel calmer than the other times. I'm taking asprin which is something at least x

• Sianepoo I was told to wait 3-6 months to help your body get back to normal. I have been taking vitamin B6 to try to regulate my cycles and I have bought Angus Cactus which you take up until ovulation. I bought it after ov and was going to start it next month x

• Sianipoo with regards to tests I've had several! As Florien just mentioned above their can be a problem with bloods clotting but the test took about 10-12 weeks to come back and I was given the all clear for that.  They took 7 different bloods from me including thyroid function as this too can cause miscarriage( mine were normal) for blood clotting you can take 75mg of aspirin daily which helps from your BFP. I'm under a gynaecologist now I've had 3 consecutive miscarriages and that's when they take you more seriously! I'm now waiting for my next appt which I would have had today  if it wasn't for the junior doctors strike😠. I've contacted my bereavement midwife as I refuse to wait until June through no fault of my own! My consultant typically is on leave until May 8th then she's looking into my case:)

Sianipoo I've had 4 consecutive losses. I fell pg July 2014 I was 37. Got to 21 weeks I begged for an extra scan ( the others were all perfect) due to reduced flutters which I felt regularly but they left it 3 days and sadly babies heart had stopped:( No answers and all tests came back normal. I lost him on November 21st 2014.

We waited until January 2015 and tried again fell pregnant in April this time 4 days after a BFP I bled so a chemical pgy.

fell pg again in July 2015 again same thing a chemical pgy at  5 wks.

I fell pg again on 4th December 2015. This time a heart beat at 61/2 wks then at 81/2 wks babies heart stopped:(

This time I've had the pregnancy and gestational sac sent off for testing. All clear except foetus showed signs of Trisomy 16. The baby had 3 cells instead of 2. (Should have 1 from each parent) This is the most common cause of miscarriage. Hubby and I had blood tests last Tuesday to see if we are chromosome carriers just waiting results. These are the kinds of tests offered.

As you can see I had a few months between each pgy but made no difference to the outcome! I had a D&C in Feb I'm now on my 2nd cycle and trying again! I won't be beaten!

what I suggest is try again when you are emotionally ready. If you miscarry again( I hope you don't) I suggest having a D&C before you miscarry naturally and have the products of conception sent for analysis. That way you might get answers from the cause. It's not a nice way of thinking but my Gynea said to do the same. Keep trying if pregnancy fails collect the pregnancy get it tested. 

Hope this helps you xxx

• Florien11 they look same to me! Fx for you! 

Mma how r u? Xx

• Missmyangels! You've been through so much and you are so positive! what hospital are you under that must be so frustrating having to miss your appointment. I wish you the best of luck!! 

florien 11 keep us posted how you get on xx

• Good thanks desperately! I'm on a new cycle cd8 starting opks this afternoon should be fertile around the weekend:) all ready with hubby to start about now!! Fingers crossed could do with some good news after finding out my sis in law is pg! Takes me 3-5 cycles this is cycle 2 so hopefully pg by the summer! We shall see😊

• Aww bless!! thats the fun part, does your sister in law know what you've been going through! Must be hard for you! X 

• The tests I had - they took lots of blood at first checking for blood clotting problems,  thyroid problems and I'm not sure what else.

a protien C deficiency showed up so that was repeated and then i was tested for antiphispholipid syndrome  (blood clotting) which I have.

it's been a very long wait though, often waiting 10 weeks for results betwe appointments xx

• Congratulations Florien the tests look the same to me! 

I'm really struggling today ladies, it is harleys due date today. Can't believe I lost my little boy just over 8 weeks ago. Today has hit me harder than I thought. I know you will understand 

Xx