Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 8

Replies

• Mma, I hope you're feeling better. It's really hard when someone close to you gets pregnant and will probably be that way for a while. You're very strong and will go through this. Don't be too hard on yourself. There are times when you need to go with your emotions and cry when you need to.

sianipoo, sorry for all your losses. I hope you'll get some answers soon.

Erithiel, glad the fall wasn't a bad one. Pls be careful and get checked out if you need.

• Florine, congrats. Both looks the same!

Sair, congrats too!

nalc, hugs! we're always going to remember these dates.

• I'm not feeling too great today. TMI alert! I was spotting brown previously and that was replaced by some mixed mucous (for a few days) that my doctor said could be normal given my prior spotting experiences. Last night it started to look darker like brown spotting again. Today it's been the same. All my OB said was that we can only tell after the next ultrasound, which would be next Thursday. Also, I'm a whole lot less nauseous today (yesterday was the worst by far). Although I read that the level could vary day by day. That coupled with less nipple soreness is not making me feel any better. Next thursday cannot come soon enough. I really hope we can see a fetal pole with a healthy heartbeat then.

Florence, I'm in the US so I go to my OB's clinic for scans.

• Keeping my fingers crossed for you dbear, brown is still old though so stay positive, sending you hugs! x

• Thanks Sair! I'be been trying hard to stay positive. Today has just been particularly difficult somehow.

• DBear good luck to you, how many weeks are you xx

• Sianipoo, thanks. I'm 6+4.

• Fx all be fine for u DBear.Hopefully next week you get the reassurance you need and all be good x x

• Good luck dbear hope everything goes well next Thursday xxx

• Good luck on your scan desperately :) x

Congratulations Florien! I'm wishing you a great pregnancy and hope time goes fast for you xx

Dbear thank you. I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and baby seems happy and moving lots in the last week, if anything doesn't feel right we'll be getting checked out x

How are things today? I hope things settle for you very soon, try to rest as much as possible and stay positive. Everything will be ok x

• Wow I've missed a lot in a short time! Congrats to all those with a bfp - florien those lines look the same to me too. 

Hugs to those of you going through tough spells. Fx for you dbear that all is well.

Quick question, how careful are you ladies with what you eat while ttc? I've developed a penchant for a Boots meal deal image and I remember when I was pregnant reading that shop bought sandwiches and salads should be avoided as a listeria risk?? So should I not be eating them if there is even a possibility I might be pg?? Or is the paranoia getting to ridiculous levels lol?! 

• LizziO my honest opinion is just eat healthily whilst ttc a little exercise and enjoy what you fancy:) When pg u avoid soft mould ripened cheeses limit tuna and avoid Mr whippy ice cream etc.

We can't spend our whole ttc months worrying it's more about a healthy balance. Bought salads ready made are washed it's at home you are meant to rinse lettuce/toms. Really don't stress over food ttc is stressful enough😬

• Still waiting for dr to get in touch with a plan. I've had some spotting though :( didn't retest today because I didn't want to get anxious about whether the line was getting darker. I just don't see this one working out. 

I think it's taking so long to contact anybody due to the strikes. 

• Everything crossed for you Dbear x

• Aww hope they contact you soon Florien.Fx all will be fine for you.Sending hugs x x

• Good luck Florien what I will say is if you have clotting issue and your taking aspirin you are doing all you can. They told me they wouldn't prescribe injections until there was a heartbeat. I didn't start my progesterone until I was 5 weeks. Keep ringing them. X

• Thanks Cberg that's good to know. I've taken asprin since I got my BFP on Sunday.  I think I'll do a first response in the morning to see if the line has strengthened. I'll call when I finish work at 3ish xxx

• Sianipoo – it’s really hard to contend with trying to conceive and having general stress in your life too! I started acupuncture which massively helped with this. Also in terms of how long to wait, I had to wait three months to be given the all clear but I think it’s a pretty personal choice. Initially I was devastated that we had to wait to try again but actually it did me the world of good and if we had gotten pregnant straight away and we’d lost another baby, I don’t think I would have coped well at all. It would still be horrific now but I think I could cope a bit better.

Florien11 –  I really hope you hear from your Dr soon. Is it brown spotting?  I will keep everything crossed that you get a strong line in the morning.

MMA – gosh, you’ve really been through it haven’t you. I really hope some good news is coming your way.

Nalc12 – yesterday must have been incredibly hard for you, releasing the balloons is a lovely idea xxx

Desperately – good luck with your scan! Your symptoms sound very positive J

Sair and Nicky – I can totally imagine being the same when we get our BFP! I hope the first trimester goes quickly for you both and you can relax a little.

DBear – I bet time is really dragging for you! It’s hard not to read into the changing symptoms but they can definitely fluctuate, mine did with my son.

LizzyO – I agree with MMA about the food, ttc is tough enough without having to think about what we are eating too so enjoy the meal deals I say!

CD6 today and just waiting to start testing on CBFM. It usually asks me for a stick today but I think my random cycle last month has confused it?

x

• Florien, fr never really work for me at first... I was 1w1d passed ovulation and got a very faint line but with clear blue digital I got a 1-2 

• Florien I hope the doctor gets back to you very soon:) xxx