Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long after stopping Cerazette did your period return, Part 6

Replies

• Oh Dinky I can understand your panic, as the others have said brown is old blood, but the timing must be doing your head in.  Get drinking the water and ring for a scan.  If they can tell you all is fine and also put your mind at rest about the measurements why not?  No point in stressing unnecisarily. xx

• I've called the midwife and she said just to wait and see. She's going to call me back tomorrow and decide from there. She said there's no way of knowing which way it will go and possibly to wait it out until 12 week scan. She was going to book me in for a scan n then I mentioned it would be my 5th n she changed her mind! Probably thought I was a loon haha! 

• Hi everyone! I'm brand new here, writing to you all the way from NZ. Can I join in your lovely group? 

Just stopped taking cerazette about three weeks ago to try for our first baby, no AF yet, no withdrawl bleed, nada. Driving me crazy!

I suffer from anxiety to a high degree so of course I am now trolling the internet for information, and stumbled across your great thread.

• I am sure she didn't think you were a loon Dinky.  The next two weeks will probably be the longest for you but hopefully that 12 weeks scan will finally put your mind at rest x

Beu I lived on honey & Lemon when I had a bad cold before Xmas. When it got really bad (aches and shakes) I did put one soluble paracetamol into the honey and lemon, just the once, and my god it was like a miracle cure!

• are you in work Dinky? go home and put your feet up hun. I'm glad midwife is calling you back tomorrow. It will be grand. Unfortunately you probably are going to have to wait it out but if you find its getting too much, feck it, tell them you want a scan and make them book you in for one. Listen if they already think you are a loon just play on it.. I am joking by the way, they don't think you are a loon. They know you are someone who suffered a terrible loss already, who has had problems with this pregnancy and who are there to help you.

welcome misskiwi, hows the weather in NZ? unfortunately with coming off cerazette it takes a while for the body to return to normal, so no withdrawal bleed and no af is pretty much the norm. some people find it takes about 5/6 weeks, others have taken a few months but come on here and rant away if it helps the anxiety, one of us lovely ladies will always be able to calm your fears.

Oh Beu, how crap that you are full of cold. hope it goes soon. You can take paracetamol you know, so if its really bad try a bit of that.

good luck at the docs soph, they will defo do a urine test if they think you have a uti so its no trouble for them to do a pregnancy test at the same time. Not sure on the blood test though

• forgot to say I have a pain in my right side today, but not down low, kinda up near my ribs but stomach pain also. don't know if this is ovulation or not this month or if I did ovulate the other day. ah well, must try to get more bding done...

• So glad you phoned them Dinky. That's nice she's phoning you back tomorrow, take it easy in the meantime if you can!

miss kiwi, your in good company!

sorry to hear your still getting a bit of spotting Beu. With the period cramps I am sure I had them on and off for the 9 months. I put it down to baby having a growth spurt therefore all stretching inside. Also paracetamol is fine to take throughout pregnancy, although I knew this I still avoided taking it, no idea y?!

sio, does sound like ovulation pain to me! Get bding! Xxx

• That's reassuring dinky, any worries they have they would frog match you in. They'll be taking extra special care of their decisions too after your mc. Did you say you have a lovely midwife? I think they all should be!

thanks for the advice on the paracetamol girls. they said to take that for my pain any way but I'm with you kez, trying to avoid it for some reason?! 

Thank you for the reassurance too kez on cramping. There's something very calming about someone saying I had that and it's fine. Why is it the other threads seem to jump to say to each other, ooh that doesn't sound good! Must stop reading them when having a melt down!! 

Welcome misskiwi :) if you're an anxious person you're in good hands here! There's always someone on hand to help reassue you x

sio....quick get bding!!! your oh will think all this lovely sunshine had got to you haha

• I know what u mean beu when u said u were still spotting I felt a bit of a relief (whilst also feeling awful that ur going through the worry too tho :(!) 

Yep I'm still in work, I keep thinking I can feel cramps but pretty sure it's in my head haha. Still feeling very sick and exhausted which midwife said was a good sign. Its the sonographer/Nurse that is always lovely to me but the midwives have been nice too, although not as reassuring but that could be because I'm such a worrier anyway. 

Sio ive never had ovulation pain so no use there but worth a bd anyway hehe. 

• Oh dont feel bad about that, that's why I told you to reassure you that others spot too with no problems X ( I sound calm but I panic too when it happens, its only natural). like kez said, cramping is a good sign too. It's a head buster that good and bad symptoms are similar, sends you crazy! Think midwives are so matter of fact coz they have all of us new mums to be panicking daily haha

• Sorry about the spotting :-(. I'm sure it'll all be fine. 

I Ihad cramping the whole pregnancy too so try not to worry about that. 

It misskiwi! Hope your journey is a short one! X

• I stopped looking on other threads/googling as it was driving me mad! I just stuck to this one and the ladies on here never let me down. Xxx

• Welcome misskiwi, sounds like everything is normal for you and your body is just taking its time post this pill.  There are no timescales on when first af arrives but we are all here for you when you feel like you are going crazy.

Dinky how are you now? I hope relaxing at home?

• Thanks rustic, yeh I had a nice relaxing evening. The spotting stopped in the evening too so we'll see how today goes. The only thing I can think is that I stopped having baths when the bleeding started at 5 weeks and I had a soak in the bath on Wednesday night for the first time since then, I made sure it wasn't too hot but it's the only thing I can think that could have caused it? (other than first sign of a mc but I'm trying to ignore that!!) 

Just want to say thanks so much to everyone yesterday for keeping me calm, I was an absolute wreck and really appreciate all the kind words :) 

• glad that the spotting stopped dinky and that you are feeling better about things. look after yourself for the next few days. Let us know how you are going though.

well managed to bd last night. I have no idea how because I went home in rotten form and was barely talking to oh. so how I managed to sneak one in is beyond me. OH going what is with you the last week?? I laughed and said it must be the weather. I really don't know how he hasn't copped on as normally he goes its fertile week isn't it. he was saying he needs a rest now though lol. by my app I should ovulate tomorrow but I think its a bit messed up with late af last time. i'll try and sneak a bd in on sunday, know I won't be able to get him tomorrow as hes doing flooring in the house and he will be wrecked. god I feel like I'm on a secret mission hahaha

• Ooo sio sounds like ur definitely covered this week! Both my bfps I've only dtd day before ovulation not day of so fingers crossed. 

Im feeling better than yesterday but still very nervous. I was doing holiday meetings yesterday n nearly burst out crying talking about Christmas cover! In my head I thought 'I'll be on maternity then' then the other part of me thought maybe not now :(! Had to pull myself together so I didn't look crazy. I hope everything is ok at the 12 week scan and I can finally explain to every one at work why I've been so scatty the last few weeks haha! They found the teabags in the fridge the other day and I had to try and explain myself out of that one!! My mind is just elsewhere most of the time. 

• Dinky so glad to hear from you that spotting has stopped. Take it easy today too. 

Sio giod luck with the secret mission. Sounds like your cycle is all over the place this month but looks like you've got the bases covered. Keeping fx. 

Welcome on board misskiwi! everyone here is lovely and there's lots of support when you need it. And indeed lots of telling off when you're inclined to google and symptom spot! Always useful! image

• Thanks everyone so much for the warm welcomes, everyone is so lovely! It's so nice having people to talk to, I don't like to talk about all this stuff with my husband as it just stresses him out and makes it harder to...ahem... you know. Important stuff sure, but he doesn't need to know every little crazy thought that goes through a brain like mine if you know what I mean! And I think I've bored mum to tears already! 

Really I'd just like to see AF (see im learning all the codes!) so I know where I'm at, gone through two packs of OPK's already hoping to see if I'll ovulate before AF. I've been on cerazette for about three years and had no periods at all during. Before that I was like clock work. I've had a few tweaks in the tummy and the girls are a little fuller but thats about it!

Dinky, I'm sending you positive thoughts and well wishes from over here!

• Thanks misskiwi :) it's an awful waiting game and it really helps coming on here for support. My af came back pretty quickly but was very light and it took nearly 4 months to get a more 'normal' period and then the following month I got my first bfp. Some lucky people conceive first month off the pill tho. My best friend stopped hers end of september and had a bfp 3 weeks later! Best of luck to u :) 

• Dinky glad the spotting has stopped, try and take it easy today at work, and keep track of where you are putting those tea bags! Ha ha!

Sio secret mission is sounding successful so far, keep up the good work!