Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long after stopping Cerazette did your period return, Part 6

Replies

• Thanks ladies...glad I wasn't imagining the line! 

Sio - uti's can be common in first few weeks...sorry, I shouldn't be adding to your symptom spotting!! 

Im having pains :-( kind of like af but a bit sharper...I did have pains last time but they were diff to these...I'm trying not to get too carried away with hope until I've done another test And actually missed af. Worried it could be a chemical pregnancy n just my body being cruel....!! Xx

• Thanks sio. I'm getting on with things today but zero motivation. Want to curl up in my duvet. And to top things off there's just too many people I know having babies right now. Feel sorry for lo, she must pick up on it.

millp, I reckon you're ok there, definitely a line :) Give it a few days and retest xx Fingers crossed for you.

oh, and Sio, a lot of women say they thought they had a uti when they were actually pregnant... ;)

• Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this forum, I came off of the pill just over 2 weeks ago, after being on it since January, I have been on other forms of contraception since July 2009 since having my youngest son. I had what I think was a withdrawal bleed that lasted for 2 days after stopping the pill, what are people's experience of cycles returning to normal I have read so many different things online and it's so confusing. We have decided to try for number 3 (we both have 2 kids from a previous relationship) and help would be much appreciated. X

• Welcome mogz! 

its really hard to say...it's different for everyone! Having a withdrawal bleed so quickly is a good sign though I reckon! I didn't bleed at all for 60 days after stopping pill but from then was regular. 

Sorry I can't really help properly!! I hope your journey is a quick one xx

• Welcome Mogz!

Millp that is definitely a line, and such a great sign when af isnt even due yet.  I am with the others and think the new thread luck has done its thing for you .... Fingers crossed for you next Sio!!

• Still not due on til tomorrow/Sunday but that weak positive has been playing on my mind! went and gor a frer....image

im still to scared to believe it 🙈😂 can't please me at the mo!! 

• Oh believe it Millp, believe it, its great news, delighted for you hun.

Rustic hope you are right and mines the next one but to be honest I've kinda lost hope that it is. really don't feel any different and no symptoms at all. Reckon it will be iui in a few weeks time

• Wow congrats MillP :) I know u'll be nervous at every pain and niggle but I'm sure they are all normal. I wont sugar coat it, pregnancy after miscarriage is a very nerve wracking time but try to relax as much as u can and we're all hear if u need to talk! 

Looby sorry af arrived :( but glad to hear the tests are going well and uve managed to avoid the evil test Sio had so far. 

Sio im keeping my fingers crossed for all those symptoms :)!! 

Poppy hope ur feeling a little better now and the wine and chocolate helped. Ur doing so well with all the rubbish uve had to put up with over the last year! 

Mogz welcome to the thread! Unfortunately only time will tell with coming off this pill as everyone reacts so differently. 

Sorry if I've missed anyone, feels like I missed a lot!

• Ahh millp, believe it :) that's definitely a BFP! Dinkys absolutely right I'm afraid. I'm nearly 15 weeks and still check when i wipe...

On that note we got to hear the babies heart beat yesterday which was really lovely :) had my first consultant appointment to assess a plan of action for pregnancy/birth what with my organs being stuck together. She was very reassuring so that was lovely and my peace of mind lasted approximately 3 hours after haha. 

Sio any new symptoms? 

welcome mogz :)

• Congratulations MillP! 

Update from me - I decided to stop with the OPK's and wait for my AF as I was spending a fortune trying to figure out where my cycle is at, and my BB's were getting fuller and my nipples starting to hurt so I thought maybe AF is finally on its way.

Had a sore lower back yesterday and pretty strong cramping - went out and bought a wheat pack and all expecting to wake up this morning and see AF in full force....but nothing!! Not even a hint! I never in my life thought I would be so disappointed to not see AF! So still waiting. :)

And (TMI alert) wow do my nipples hurt! Almost always erect and they hurt even when they arent. Only way to describe it aptly would be to use inappropriate languange, its that bad. If I accidentally touch them I want to scream argh

• Misskiwi are you tempted to test? Very strange about the nipples. 

Beu delughted that you got to hear baby's heartbeat and that you had such a good apt. I'm delighted it all went well

felt a bit sick earlier and tired but hey its Friday so that can be normal. now I'm kinda freaking out a bit and I know this is going to make me sound like a complete freak. But I had a bath a while ago cause I've a sore shoulder. Was only in for 10 mins but since I got out my stomach felt sick again and is cramping. Of course I giggled is it ok to take baths when pregnant and of course it came up not hot ones as they can cause miscarriage. Now my minds going what if I've ruined my chances before they have even started. Told you ladies. This is going to be a mental 2ww

• Hi Sio! 

Yes I'm VERY tempted to test, I actually did take 3 (i know, bad, I need to attend POAS anonymous meetings) FR tests a couple of days ago when my nipples started to hurt but they were BFN. While the cramps weren't TERRIBLE they definately felt like AF cramps, although its been 3 years since I had one so perhaps I've forgotten exactly what they feel like.

Looking at the calendar though, I stopped Cerazette on the 14th of April, so If had ovulated mid cycle, I guess a few days ago may have been too early to test even if I was PG. 

who knows? I'll give it a few more days I think to see if AF comes before I spend another $15 on tests I think, then maybe test again. (Who am I kidding, probably wont even last till tomorrow and I'll be testing!)

Try not to stress about the bath, Im sure it hasn't done any harm, and you will just worry yourself silly over it :) I always used to feel dizzy and nauseas after a bath if it was very hot! How many days into the 2ww are you?

• MillP - yay! Wonderful news. That is no doubt at all.

beu how lovely - can't believe how fast its all going!

mogz welcome on board!

misskiwi that happened to me a few months back. It was really weird - but never found out what caused it. Well I guess you'll find out one was or the other soon enough - hard to know where you are up to in first cycle off cerazette so I guess you'll be spending more on tests lol!

sio im sure it will be fine. What dpo are you now?

• Unfortunately stopping the pill gives pregnancy symptoms misskiwi. Hoping you've not got long to wait though!

• Thanks sio and loubylou :) I know, only 176 more sleeps til I'm due (not that I'm excited or owt haha). 

Sio im sure the hot bath didn't do any harm as it's very early. Maybe stay clear of baths for now though just in case :). Plus, sickness when pregnant is a good sign, not one to worry about X How many dpo now? I can't tell you how much I hope you get your bfp this time xxx

misskiwi Poppy's right, the dreaded pill does make you feel pregnant when you come off it. I was convinced I was in the first month! Having said that, one girl came on here who did get her bfp without an af...fx that's you! 

• Not sure how many dpo I am Cause of late af last month. It's either 10 or 8. Either way I know it's not our month. Defo feel af is due this week. And have no symptoms at all. I know last time week before af would have been due I was tired at night and falling fast asleep by 9.30pm. This month nothing. Still up at midnight last night. I was a bit sad earlier as its just hit me we are going to have to do the iui. And I know it's good that we have that option. I'm just sad we have to do it. Think I'm a bit stressed as well. Trying to do guest list and mil causing problems with comments like not enough cousins are invited and if all her friends can't go she's inviting none to save herself embarrassment of telling some of them they can't come. Nightmare. Sorry for rant. One of those days 

• Oh sio! You're not out until you're out! You know struggling to sleep is a symptom? I've got absolutely everything crossed for you!

sorry mil is being a pain...it is your day and you need to just do what is right for you! Stuff everyone else, the only people who matter on the day are you and your hubby-to-be :-) xx

• Ahh sio Hun, you're well within your rights to feel fed up. You don't need to justify it. And as for the mil, well what can I say...she's had her day, this is yours!! Unless she's paying for the whole thing then she really doesn't have a say over who you invite. At the end of the day the people you invite you will pay a huge amount to feed them. It's like a posh meal out! You wouldn't normally take her friends out and treat them to a posh meal!!! And breathe.....sorry, can you tell we had these issues too! 

Millp how are you doing? 

• Ignore the mil Sio. It's your wedding, not hers xx

• I'm good thanks Beu :-) did another test this afternoon and the lines stronger again...starting to believe it now :-) i actually feel really good about this one...and I worked out a rough due date on nhs website and it came out as my late grandads birthday, a good sign in my eyes :-)!! 

How are you getting on? Xx