Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

In need of some reassurance...

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and haven't posted In one before, so please bear with me! Also, apologies if TMI!

My husband and I are trying to conceive - it's only the first month, but I stupidly got my hopes up and I'm absolutely dreading the arrival of AF! 

I downloaded an ovulation app, and followed everything I was supposed to do. I tracked my cycle for two months, and everything looked positive. I was tracking my CM, and CP, and all signs pointed to conception. My cervix was very soft, almost felt detached, my CM seemed consistent with all the research I'd done. My boobs were very sore, swollen, tender; I've been absolutely exhausted, to the point that I've been sleeping whenever I get the opportunity; I have had a constant headache for a few days, which isn't usual for my PMT. 

Then, suddenly, the symptoms stopped. I have a 30 day cycle, AF due in two days, and my cervix has become firmer and seems to be opening. I did a First Response pregnancy test today, which came up negative. I feel crushed. I've had cramping in the last 24 hours, which I'm now convinced is AF preparing to arrive. I know I'm going to be devastated, because I stupidly got my hopes up. 

Has anybody had anything similar, and still got a BFP? Or should I just assume I'm written off this month? 

Sorry for the melancholy! 

Replies

• Sadly early pregnancy & PMT symptoms can mimic each other very closely, it could go either way

• Yeah, it's just frustrating because the symptoms haven't felt like my usual PMT symptoms, hence all pragmatic thoughts went out the window!